Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Podcast. Topic: China

Salam,

This was very difficult for me as I'm terrible with technology. Please add your feedback comments to this thread (or else put your comments on the youtube vid itself if it allows you to). I had hoped the video settings would be "comments awaiting moderation" so that I could allow comments on the vid but keep out spam, trolls or hate speech, but I don't know how to do that and when I tried, it said this vid is not allowing comments. Like I said, this is very technical and it's a mini miracle that I managed to get it on to youtube in the first place.

Youtube are saying that cos I set the vid as "made for kids", so comments are turned off. I did that cos it doesn't contain vulgar or blood and gore violence etc so I thought it shouldn't be restricted to an over 18 audience only, but if that means it wont allow comments at all, then I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do. I've seen little kids comment on youtube vids before though. Not sure whether to amend those settings or how to amend those settings to be what I want them to be. My own settings are "hold comments for review" so they are correct, but I think the youtube default is to shut off comments for vids designated as made for kids which is stupid and I think I should remove the made for kids designation. Anyway, you lot can listen to it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZwF84SZu8
    Last edited by neelu; 16-01-20, 03:41 PM.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

I wonder how this situation with Imran Khan and China is being taken within Pakistan.

What are the people saying, or is it something that most are turning a blind eye to?

​​​​​​(Was a good listen, Sr Neelu, alhamdulillaah. Keep them coming, inshaaAllah.)
    ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Jazak'Allah Khair - skim listened but you made points and that's on that! A good start, keep going!

Tag.. Kiro

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
        I wonder how this situation with Imran Khan and China is being taken within Pakistan.

What are the people saying, or is it something that most are turning a blind eye to?

​​​​​​(Was a good listen, Sr Neelu, alhamdulillaah. Keep them coming, inshaaAllah.)
        This is what's troubled me about IK, although to be fair to him, he did say that if he found out that there was an issue, he would discuss it with the Chinese, just not in a public way.
        "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
        (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullah sis.

I didn't manage to listen to all of it, and I promise to do that today In Sha Allaah.

It's great that you gave it a shot, I know you've been meaning to do so for a long time.

Please carry on and don't stop In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
            Jazak'Allah Khair - skim listened but you made points and that's on that! A good start, keep going!

Tag.. Kiro
            My forest brother. You have summoned me. I shall answer the pact!
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

That was good.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

JazakAllah khayr to everyone that listened and also those who gave feedback. Keep the comments coming.

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

I can only tell you about the response I've seen from relatives and others in Pakistan who are on my friends list. My impression is that there are a few brothers who are both politically savvy AND inclined to Islam and they're the only ones who are speaking out against what China is doing. Those who are politically aware but not inclined towards Islam (such as those in power and those who run the mainstream media) would accept turning a blind eye for the sake of being "practical", being "majboor" (claiming they have no choice in the matter) and insisting that they need the investment money more than they need to stand firm on principles due to the economic situation.

Politicians in Pakistan's government are not just turning a blind eye, some go a step further by openly stating that they don't believe any oppression of Uyghurs is going on, that China has a "terrorism problem" and can deal with it as they see fit. So those in government who have spoken out have only spoken out to deny China's atrocities and to support them. I don't believe Imran Khan for a second when he says he'd advise China in private if he encounters any problems. He's definitely lying about that- lying that he doesn't know what's going on and lying that he'd dare to raise questions about what they're doing. He knew full well what was happening in Kashmir when he made his rousing speech to the UN even though Kashmir has had a media blackout for MONTHS and yet we're supposed to believe he has no idea what's happening next door in Kashgar.

So as I said, only a few brothers who are both politically aware and Islamically inclined are speaking out against this. As for other Pakistanis I know in Pakistan, they're not acknowledging any of what's going on for the most part. I've tried tagging people to videos and links but don't get a response. If they do ever post anything about China, it's usually showing China in a "positive" light such as the propaganda video about social credit and solar panels- displaying the "soft power" that I alluded to in the podcast. Also a lot of Imran Khan fans seem hypnotised by him like he can do no wrong so wouldn't dare question what's happening and that includes even religiously inclined people- which again substantiates my point that it seems the only people who really are determined to speak out about this in Pakistan are those who are BOTH politically savvy AND Islamically inclined. If they're Islamically practising but lack political understanding, they'll be blind mureeds of the government and army etc whereas if they have political understanding but lack Islamic inclination, then they'll say (as Musharaff did in the past) that we have to put "Pakistan First" and support the kufaar who commit atrocities against Muslims for the sake of "being practical".

Having said that, I can only speak about the Muslims in Pakistan whom I know and what glimpses I've seen on Pakistani news channels- so that's a small sample and I can't say for sure whether it's representative of the mood of the country as a whole.

Comment

neelu

What do you think about the Chinese claim that this is all Western Propoganda,
                  or;
                  that the West conveniently decided to raise awareness now, even though it's been going on for at least 5-10 years (if not longer)?

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
                  (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post
                    neelu

What do you think about the Chinese claim that this is all Western Propoganda,
                    or;
                    that the West conveniently decided to raise awareness now, even though it's been going on for at least 5-10 years (if not longer)?
                    That doesn't mean the atrocities aren't happening. China is claiming the Uyghurs are terrorists and anything from fasting in Ramadan to owning a Quran is a jailable offence as it's considered a sign of extremism. Literally millions of Muslims have been locked up and many of their children have been sent to Chinese run orphanages. Due to a media blackout over there, it was hard expose what was going on but then the BBC showed satellite images of schools being converted into mass prisons and historic mosques being demolished so the Chinese were unable to resort to denials.

In response to this, the Chinese government did allow some journalists to see inside the prisons, claimed they were not prisons but "training centres" to deradicalise people, but the journalists said non of the residents of the training centre were allowed to leave so obviously it was a prison and the whole time Chinese government minders were sent with the journalists to make sure they didn't get to sit or talk to anyone they feared might be outspoken or open about what's happening.

Having said all that, yes it is true that the West is raising awareness about these atrocities now because America doesn't like how much China is becoming a strong rising economic superpower that could rival their own power, so highlighting these atrocities is America's way of trying to curb China's influence by tainting its image. For the most part, the mainstream western media and governments do not publicise atrocities anywhere unless they have something to gain politically or economically by doing so. That might explain why they haven't publicised the genocide of Muslims in Central African Republic- it isn't a country that interests them politically or economically so they have nothing to gain from telling the world that this is going on which could lead to pressure from the International community to try and stop or sanction them. What is happening in CAR is as bad as what's happening to the Rohingya for years.

So yes, the Western nations and particularly America usually publicise International conflicts due to their own vested interests in wanting to gain something of money/resources/political power from doing so, otherwise it's irrelevant to them. Even calls by politicians in the West for China to "put an end to human rights abuses" usually has more to do with these vested interest and very little to do with actually caring about people. Corbyn was perhaps a rare exception to this rule in that his actions really were more based on caring about people than those interests, but that's precisely why the press demonised him so much as an "anti semite"- because he dared to say Palestinians have rights and this was branded as hate speech.... which again speaks volumes about the REAL reasons why certain atrocities, crimes and international situations are publicised more than others.

Comment

And, please keep making more podcasts.

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

On the next episode of The Neelu Show. To be Continued. Stay Tuned.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Next episode of Neelu show to feature an esteemed guest by the name of Kiro who will provide us with his words of wisdom, analysis and insight

Comment

JazakAllah khayr for the great feedback. Someone on the random thread at the time said he couldn't imagine talking about one topic for over 26 minutes but China was such a vast topic that with the research I'd accumulated, I could've easily spoken for over 40 minutes about it, but around 27 minutes was the limit of space on my phone when I recorded it back in November. I do think I should do another podcast inshaAllah but it's just a matter of getting the information together and getting round to it.

Btw when I look at the forum main page, it shows in the Ummah radio section that the last post (for the past couple of days) was by Kiro on 24th Jan even though Faith Reloaded commented since then but even just now when I checked it was still showing that. Is that another glitch in the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
                              Next episode of Neelu show to feature an esteemed guest by the name of Kiro who will provide us with his words of wisdom, analysis and insight
                              I must go on a journey to unlock the eyes of insight.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
                              X