Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do major catastrophes happen and how can Muslims comprehend with devastations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do major catastrophes happen and how can Muslims comprehend with devastations?

You know muslims in the West have it comparatively easy compared to muslims in muslim countries. At least people dont have to worry about safety or whether or not if its safe for their children to play in the park today or if there is a security risk of suicice bombing.
    I dont know if some of us comfy muslims, including myself, in the West remember this or not but in 2014 a suicide bomb blast took place in a children's school in Peshawar, Pakistan. More than a hundred people died. Majority were children. Children as little as 5 yr old died. It was an act of pure evil cold brutal mass murder. Terrorism.
    I still remember watching the news footage of the incident where they showed videos of mothers desperately looking for their little kids, whether or not they were alive, mothers brutally weeping, mothers who had fainted upon hearing their child was no more.
    Just thinking about it makes me wee again. You know as comfy muslims in west ( sorry if the term annoys anyone ), the biggest worry ive had to face was if my insurance will go high after a minor car accident. On the other hand, you've had at least a hundred mothers who lost their kids to a bombing in school in the same day.
    It's like as muslims, how do you justify your faith? Like I just cannot wrap my mind around something like this and god forbid if i ever or anyone of us ever has to go through something like that.
    Why would He allow such a catastrophe to happen in the first place? He has the power to stop it. Why would these mothers go through something like this. I constantly come across this hearing that God never puts more burden on his believers than they can carry.
    I'm sorry to say but I just dont see how any mom can bear a burden like this where an hour earlier she happily sends off her kids to school but an hour later, shes gets the worst imaginable news in her life.
    I am sorry if this offends anyone. I am weak. I want to understand my religion better.

Originally posted by sdmskamw View Post
    You know muslims in the West have it comparatively easy compared to muslims in muslim countries. At least people dont have to worry about safety or whether or not if its safe for their children to play in the park today or if there is a security risk of suicice bombing.
    I dont know if some of us comfy muslims, including myself, in the West remember this or not but in 2014 a suicide bomb blast took place in a children's school in Peshawar, Pakistan. More than a hundred people died. Majority were children. Children as little as 5 yr old died. It was an act of pure evil cold brutal mass murder. Terrorism.
    I still remember watching the news footage of the incident where they showed videos of mothers desperately looking for their little kids, whether or not they were alive, mothers brutally weeping, mothers who had fainted upon hearing their child was no more.
    Just thinking about it makes me wee again. You know as comfy muslims in west ( sorry if the term annoys anyone ), the biggest worry ive had to face was if my insurance will go high after a minor car accident. On the other hand, you've had at least a hundred mothers who lost their kids to a bombing in school in the same day.
    It's like as muslims, how do you justify your faith? Like I just cannot wrap my mind around something like this and god forbid if i ever or anyone of us ever has to go through something like that.
    Why would He allow such a catastrophe to happen in the first place? He has the power to stop it. Why would these mothers go through something like this. I constantly come across this hearing that God never puts more burden on his believers than they can carry.
    I'm sorry to say but I just dont see how any mom can bear a burden like this where an hour earlier she happily sends off her kids to school but an hour later, shes gets the worst imaginable news in her life.
    I am sorry if this offends anyone. I am weak. I want to understand my religion better.

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu brother,

In my humble opinion, one of the reasons why we have a hard time facing
    the pain and sufferings of life, is because we forgot what our purpose of life is,
    and we forgot WHY Allah creates us and put us in this world.

We were created and being made to live in this world for 2 simple reasons;

1. To worship Allah to the best of our abilities

2. To face and to pass the tests and trials that Allah has prepared for us

"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
    I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
    Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength."
    Al-Dhaariyaat 51:60

"Indeed, We created man from a sperm-drop mixture that We may test him;
    and We made him hearing and seeing." Al-Insan 76:2

So these are our purpose of life. We need to learn about our religion so that we can
    worship Allah as best as we can, and endure and be patient with all our tests and trials.

The problem starts when the Muslims have forgotten their purpose in life, and started to
    LOVE this world and whatever it contains.

So when they're busy loving this world (wealth, children, status, etc) and they're busy
    going after this world, when the tests and trials of Allah comes, they suddenly become
    struck with grief and sadness.

It's like a student forgetting his purpose in school is to study, and he spend his time
    playing in class. Afterwards when the test comes, he suddenly got himself in big
    trouble.

So my advice to you brother, is to always remember the real purpose of us being in this
    world, and NEVER EVER get attached to this world and whatever it contains. And if you
    love your children, love them for the sake of Allah, and remember that you (and your children)
    belong to Allah, and to Him we will all return.

And look at this world as a TEMPORARY TEST HALL. You're being sent here for a short amount
    of time to be tested, and then you will return back to your Lord, with your test results.

May Allah forgive you and have mercy on you. Ameen.

"Your wealth and your children are but a trial, and Allah has with Him a great reward (Paradise)."
    Taghabun 64:15

Comment

Al-'Ankabut 29:64

وَمَا هَٰذِهِ ٱلْحَيَوٰةُ ٱلدُّنْيَآ إِلَّا لَهْوٌ وَلَعِبٌۚ وَإِنَّ ٱلدَّارَ ٱلْءَاخِرَةَ لَهِىَ ٱلْحَيَوَانُۚ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ

And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.

get Quran App:https://goo.gl/w6rESk

people get so dilluded in the world
      chasing the dunya and materialism

this world is a test a constant test

Al-Baqarah 2:155

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُم بِشَىْءٍ مِّنَ ٱلْخَوْفِ وَٱلْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ ٱلْأَمْوَٰلِ وَٱلْأَنفُسِ وَٱلثَّمَرَٰتِۗ وَبَشِّرِ ٱلصَّٰبِرِينَ

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,

Al-'Ankabut 29:2

أَحَسِبَ ٱلنَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوٓا أَن يَقُولُوٓا ءَامَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ

Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?

Al-Anfal 8:28

وَٱعْلَمُوٓا أَنَّمَآ أَمْوَٰلُكُمْ وَأَوْلَٰدُكُمْ فِتْنَةٌ وَأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ عِندَهُ‌وٓ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ

And know that your properties and your children are but a trial and that Allah has with Him a great reward.

At-Taghabun 64:14

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓا إِنَّ مِنْ أَزْوَٰجِكُمْ وَأَوْلَٰدِكُمْ عَدُوًّا لَّكُمْ فَٱحْذَرُوهُمْۚ وَإِن تَعْفُوا وَتَصْفَحُوا وَتَغْفِرُوا فَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

O you who have believed, indeed, among your wives and your children are enemies to you, so beware of them. But if you pardon and overlook and forgive - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

The prophet :saw:

If people withhold (hoard) dinars and dirham and trade according to al-eena (a type of trade which is similar to riba) and they follow the tails of the cows and leave the Jihad in the Path of Allah, Allah places upon them humiliation which will not be raised from them until they return to their deen.

thats why we are being humiliated thats why muslims are being destroyed everywhere
      we left the sunnah of the religion
      wr arent even trying to establish the sharia of Allah across the land
      Allah gave us life and we dont even try to worship Allah or implement Allahs law we are an embarressment
      Allah is testing us now
      And giving the opportunity for our sins to be forgiven through hardship and for us to repent and turn back to Allah

On the battle of uhud 50 to 55 sahaba dosobeyed the mssenger and moved from their positions because of them Allah allowed over 70 sahaba to die and the muslims lost uhud and even the messenger was injured hurt bleeding all because of a small group of peoples mistakes the ummah suffered we are all one body
      if one person drops we all will

so we have to try and fix our selves as a nation and come back to Allah

Comment

Alhamdulillah good answers, couldn't have said it better,
        the believer is either punished AND tested for some past actions, which could be an expiation if the believer perseveres, Or he is tested without it being a punishment for some past deed, but an opportunity to rise up in ranks, Allah knows best about every individual and the community, but I feel certain that we are being punished/humiliated as Abu julaybeeb posted, and this is also a test on the whole ummah, those Muslims who have life easy like ourselves we should be extra worried for our akhira and fear nifaq and riyaa as the sahabah feared.
        Losing hope and turning away from Allah will not better our state in dunya much less the akhira

Comment

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

In their response to calamities, people fall into many ranks:

1. One who is grateful

2. One who shows acceptance and contentment

3. One who is patient

4. One who panics.

As for the one who panics, he is doing something that is prohibited and is expressing discontent with the decree of the Lord of the Worlds, in Whose hand is the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, His is the dominion and He does whatever He wills.

As for the one who is patient, he is doing that which is obligatory. The one who is patient is the one who puts up with calamity. In other words, he finds it bitter and difficult and hard, and he dislikes it befalling him, but he puts up with it and restrains himself from saying or doing anything that is prohibited. This is what is obligatory.

As for the one who shows acceptance and contentment, he is the one who does not worry about this calamity, for he sees that it is from Allah, so he accepts it with complete acceptance and feels no sorrow or regret in his heart, because he is completely content. His situation is better than that of the one who is merely patient.

As for the one who is grateful, he gives thanks to Allah for this calamity.

But how can he give thanks to Allah for this calamity, when it is a calamity?

The answer is twofold:

Firstly, he looks at those who are afflicted with a greater calamity, and he gives thanks to Allah that he has not been afflicted with such a level of calamity.

Secondly, he realises that this calamity has befallen him as expiation for his bad deeds and to raise him in status, if he is patient, and what awaits him in the hereafter is better than what is in this world, so he gives thanks to Allah. Moreover, those who are most sorely tested among the people are Prophets, then the righteous, then the next best, then the next best. So he hopes that he is one of the righteous, and he gives thanks to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, for this blessing.

Giving thanks for calamities is mustahabb, because it is superior to acceptance, for gratitude includes acceptance and more.

End quote from ash-Sharh al-Mumti (5/395-396)
          "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Working...
          X