kaffarah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kaffarah

I have sworn an oath yameen and now I have to make Kaffarah and I have a couple questions:

1. I don't have a job and only have a savings account under my name where my dad puts emergency money for me for the future do i need to use that for kaffarah beacuse its not really my money its my fathers?

2. also even if I had the money I'm not sure where I could find to feed or clothes these poor people (im 16)

3.also i had oaths expaited from the past which i fasted but did not realize for the savings accout should come into play

so, all in all, is it permissible for me to fast for 3 days instead, because I'm not sure if its considered for me even affording it
    Last edited by nihalb; 14-11-17, 08:56 PM.

Re: kaffarah

Originally posted by nihalb View Post
    I have sworn an oath yameen and now I have to make Kaffarah and I have a couple questions:

1. I don't have a job and only have a savings account under my name where my dad puts emergency money for me for the future do i need to use that for kaffarah beacuse its not really my money its my fathers?

2. also even if I had the money I'm not sure where I could find to feed or clothes these poor people (im 16)

3.also i had oaths expaited from the past which i fasted but did not realize for the savings accout should come into play

so, all in all, is it permissible for me to fast for 3 days instead, because I'm not sure if its considered for me even affording it
    Ask a scholar

Comment

Re: kaffarah

Originally posted by nihalb View Post

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

If a person cannot find a slave to free, or clothes or food to give, then he must fast three consecutive days with no break in between.

Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 3/667

But if you can afford it then you have to pay

Comment

Working...
      X