This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awrah of slave woman

What is the awrah of a slave woman? I heard from some place that it was only the naval to the knee. Like in a hadith umar had his slave girls serving barechested. This would obviously create fitna so its very confusing.

Re: Awrah of slave woman

Asalamualaikum btw

Comment

Comment

Do you have a slave girl?

Comment

Originally posted by Rahimkhan9432 View Post
          What is the awrah of a slave woman? I heard from some place that it was only the naval to the knee. Like in a hadith umar had his slave girls serving barechested. This would obviously create fitna so its very confusing.
          Can you provide authentic evidence of umar ra doing this

And from what ive read or heard in lectures slave women didnt have to wear khimar,niqab
          I dont know about the body

Comment

Originally posted by mazuiz View Post
            do you have a slave girl?
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rahimkhan9432 View Post
              No this is wrong and the only difference between the slave woman and the free woman is that the slave woman doesn't have to cover her face like the free woman ..

https://islamqa.info/en/8489
              Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
              )

Comment

Can I ask why were slave women different from free women? Why should they cover less?

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
                  No this is wrong and the only difference between the slave woman and the free woman is that the slave woman doesn't have to cover her face like the free woman ..

https://islamqa.info/en/8489
                  jazakallah khair xx
                  Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                  In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                  USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                  (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Smkt View Post
                    Can I ask why were slave women different from free women? Why should they cover less?
                    This is the case if there is no fear of fitnah from them; but if there is fitnah, then they have to do whatever will prevent that fitnah."
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Smkt View Post
                      Because they were in need all the time and it's difficult for them to work while they were wearing the full hijab that's why Allah SWT has permitted that slave women to wear less hijab in case there is no fitnah but if there is a fitnah and they are beautiful for example they have to wear full hijab ...
                      )

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
                        Because they were in need all the time and it's difficult for them to work while they were wearing the full hijab that's why Allah SWT has permitted that slave women to wear less hijab in case there is no fitnah but if there is a fitnah and they are beautiful for example they have to wear full hijab ...
                        Oh ok so it was optional. Not forbidden. I get it now. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                          jazakallah khair xx
                          Wa iyyaki ukhti :)
                          )

Comment

Comment

Re: Awrat of slave woman

That translation of that narration from Umar :RA: is false.
                              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X