I need a reference from Musnad Ahmad of this Hadeeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a reference from Musnad Ahmad of this Hadeeth

I came across this story yesterday on Twitter.....

http://hadithoftheday.com/loving-the-prophet/

I was curious for a reference. My Google search points towards Musnad Ahmad containing this, but I´m unable to locate as to in which volume or book this is from that collection.

Re: I need a reference from Musnad Ahmad of this Hadeeth

Anyone?

Comment

[MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION] [MENTION=3349]AbuNajm[/MENTION]
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

It seems as if the author of that piece has written the gist of hadith found on the subject in different sources.

The part about the fighting is present here in Sahih Muslim.

Here is the one in Musnad Ahmad Hadith No. 19784

حدثنا عفان، حدثنا حماد بن سلمة، عن ثابت، عن كنانة بن نعيم العدوي، عن أبي برزة الأسلمي، أن جليبيبا كان امرأ يدخل على النساء، يمر بهن ويلاعبهن فقلت لامرأتي: لا يدخلن عليكم جليبيب؛ فإنه إن دخل عليكم، لأفعلن ولأفعلن. قال: وكانت الأنصار إذا كان لأحدهم أيم لم يزوجها حتى يعلم هل للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فيها حاجة؟ أم لا. فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم لرجل من الأنصار: " زوجني ابنتك ". فقال: نعم وكرامة يا رسول الله ونعم عيني. قال: " إني لست أريدها لنفسي ". قال: فلمن يا رسول الله؟ قال: " لجليبيب ".: قال: فقال: يا رسول الله، أشاور أمها فأتى أمها فقال: رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يخطب ابنتك. فقالت: نعم. ونعمة عيني. فقال: إنه ليس يخطبها لنفسه إنما يخطبها لجليبيب. فقالت: أجليبيب إنية؟ أجليبيب إنية؟ أجليبيب إنية؟ لا. لعمر الله لا نزوجه. فلما أراد أن يقوم ليأتي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فيخبره بما قالت أمها: قالت الجارية: من خطبني إليكم؟ فأخبرتها أمها فقالت: أتردون على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أمره؟ ادفعوني؛ فإنه لم يضيعني. فانطلق أبوها إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فأخبره فقال: شأنك بها فزوجها جليبيبا قال: فخرج رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في غزوة له. قال: فلما أفاء الله عليه قال لأصحابه: " هل تفقدون من أحد؟ " قالوا: نفقد فلانا ونفقد فلانا. قال: " انظروا هل تفقدون من أحد؟ " قالوا: لا. قال: " لكني أفقد جليبيبا ". قال: " فاطلبوه في القتلى ". قال: فطلبوه فوجدوه إلى جنب سبعة قد قتلهم، ثم قتلوه. فقالوا: يا رسول الله ها هو ذا إلى جنب سبعة قد قتلهم، ثم قتلوه، فأتاه النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقام عليه فقال: " قتل سبعة وقتلوه هذا مني وأنا منه. هذا مني وأنا منه " مرتين أو ثلاثا، ثم وضعه رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم على ساعديه وحفر له ما له سرير إلا ساعدا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم، ثم وضعه في قبره، ولم يذكر أنه غسله. قال ثابت: فما كان في الأنصار أيم أنفق منها. وحدث إسحاق بن عبد الله بن أبي طلحة ثابتا قال: هل تعلم ما دعا لها رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم؟ قال: " اللهم صب عليها الخير صبا، ولا تجعل عيشها كدا كدا ". قال فما كان في الأنصار أيم أنفق منها. (1) قال أبو عبد الرحمن: ما حدث به في الدنيا أحد إلا حماد بن سلمة ما أحسنه من حديث

musnadahmad.jpg
        Watch those eyes

Comment

I would never take Hadith from such a site as "Hadith of the Day".

Originally posted by Hadith of the Day
          Beautiful story of July’beeb
          Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم
          It is narrated in the Books of History that Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was a Sahabee (companion) who was:
          • short in height
          • deformed in appearance
          • his lineage was not known
          • no one knew who his parents were
          • with no clan to protect him
          • no tribe willing to accept him as their own
          • he cut a lonely figure even the small children of Madinah would tease & mock him
          • owing to his disabilities no one would allow him to sit in their company.
          Some of these things are not mentioned in the main books about the Companions. Julaybeeb was not handsome and was not from a noble lineage. Also, some of the narrations mention that he used to sit with the women and one of the Companions, Abu Barzah RA, told his wife not to sit with him. This seems to be because Julaybeeb is described as very charming and very funny. More than likely this had something to do with Abu Barzah not wanting his wife to sit with Julaybeeb, not because of "disabilities".

He survived as best he could, many a lonely night in Madinah he spent wondering the streets in despair, tears of desperation would run down his cheeks, there was no one willing to offer him love or compassion, he had no family and not a single friend in the world.

Life for him was a lonely struggle.
          This is not found in any books about the Companions or Seerah. It appears to be an embellishment.

After the arrival of the Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ to Madinah, the fortunes of Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم changed.He would go and sit in the company of the Prophet ﷺ and listen intently, rarely speaking; he would out of shyness keep his gaze lowered. He now, had the best of friends in the Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ; those days of loneliness and despair were over, for the Best of creation ﷺ had arrived.

Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was now a part of the community of believers (in Islamic Monotheism).
          One day as he was sitting in the Company of the Prophet ﷺ, The Messenger of ALLAH ﷺ asked him:
          “O Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم ask for something… is there anything you desire?” He raised his head slowly and said in a shy voice; “O Messenger of ALLAH ﷺ, ALLAH has blessed me with your companionship, I get to sit at your blessed feet and hear your blessed words, what more could I desire”.
          The Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ asked:
          “How would you like to get married my dear Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم,”
          He smiled shyly wondering who would want to marry him. “Yes messenger of ALLAH ﷺ I would like that.”
          This conversation does not appear to have ever taken place. It is not reported in any of the books of Hadith, Seerah or History.

The Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ went to the house of a prominent and noble Sahabee from amongst the Ansar. He said “I have come to ask for your daughters hand in marriage”.
          This Companion from the Ansar is never named so it cannot be known if he was "prominent and noble".

The Sahabee was overjoyed he said:
          “O Messenger of ALLAH ﷺ what could be a greater blessing than this.”
          The Prophet ﷺ said:
          “I do not ask of her for myself. It is for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم that I am asking.”
          An embellishment in the story.

The Sahabee was left stunned:
          “For Julay’beeb?” he asked in bewilderment. “Yes for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم” replied The Messenger of ALLAH ﷺ.
          He said:
          “Let me consult with my wife.”
          He went and told her. “The Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ has asked for your daughters hand in marriage, for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم.”
          She started crying and wailing:
          All embellishments.

“No not Julay’beeb anyone but Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم I will never allow this.”
          This was never said.

Upon hearing the commotion, the daughter arrived. It is said that she was so beautiful that there was none among the women of the Ansar who could compete with her beauty. She was so shy and modest that perhaps the sky itself had never seen her head uncovered. She had so much Taqwa that she would spend her days & nights in worship.
          None of the reports or versions of the story of Julaybeeb mention this at all.

The daughter asked what was happening; she was told that the Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ wants your hand in marriage for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم.As the Mother continued her crying and wailing, the daughter spoke, she said:
          “O my Mother, fear ALLAH, think of what you are saying, are you turning away the Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ.
          ‘O my Mother, it does not suit a believer to make their own decision once ALLAH and His Messenger ﷺ have decided on a matter.

Do you think that the Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ will disgrace us?
          More embellishment.

Actually most of the reports mention that the daughter overhead the parents talking to the Prophet SAWS. So she did not have to ask what was happening.

How blessed is the status of Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم, that ALLAH and His Messenger ﷺ are asking for your daughters hand on his behalf. Don’t you know that the angels themselves envy the dust on the feet of one who is a beloved of ALLAH and His Prophet ﷺ.
          Exaggeration.

Ask the Prophet ﷺ, to send me Julay’beeb رضي الله عنه for there is no greater privilege than for me to be blessed by such a husband. The Prophet of Allaah ﷺ has arrived with such a wonderful gift, yet my Mother you cry and wail.”
          Never said.

The Mothers heart being filled with remorse said:
          “Stop, my daughter, don’t say another word, indeed I have erred, I repent and I repent a 1,000 times over for as of this moment there is no one who I would prefer for you than Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم.”
          Never said.

The following day the Nikaah is made.

Uthman رضي الله عنهم and Ali رضي الله عنهم present Julay’beeb a gift of money to help arrange the feast of Walimah, and to purchase accommodation.
          No reference for this.

A short time later on an expedition Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was martyred.

On the day of the expedition his Father in law, had pleaded with him:
          “‘O Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم this is just an expedition, it is not a compulsory Jihad, it is Fardh Al-Kifaayah, it is a voluntary Jihad, and you are newly married, so spend some time with your wife.”
          No reference for this. Also, this does not appear to be consistent with the rules of Jihad.

Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم, the one who had spent a lifetime in despair had now found a loving wife.But listen to his response to the Father in law’s request.
          He said “‘O my father, you say a strange thing, my Beloved Prophet ﷺ is in the battlefield facing the enemies of Islam and you want me to sit at home with my wife, nay I will sacrifice my blood and my soul rather than see my Prophet ﷺ facing hardship while I sit at home in luxury”.
          No reference for this in any book of history or Seerah.

The diminutive Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was indeed a strange sight carrying a sword almost the same size as him.
          The Sahabah stared in wonderment at him, the sweet and gentle Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was transformed in to a Lion.
          No reference for this.

“Who dare wage war upon my Prophet ﷺ?” He said, as he charged into the ranks of the enemy.
          No reference.

After that battle the Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ, asked the Sahabah to go and to see if anyone was missing from their families and clans.

Each one returned accounting for all his family members.
          This is part of a narration regarding Julaybeeb mixed in with more falsehood and exaggeration.

Then the Prophet ﷺ spoke with tears in his eyes he said:
          But I have lost my Beloved Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم go and find him.”
          Not part of any Hadith.

They found his diminutive body lying next to 7 of the enemies he had slain in the battle.
          Exaggeration.

The Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ asked for a grave to be dug, as the Prophet of ALLAH ﷺ held the body of Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم he said:
          “O’ ALLAH he is from me and I am From Him”, he repeated this 3 times.
          The companions wept profusely,
          One of the few parts of this entire story as related by "Hadith of the Day" that is true.

“May our Mothers and Fathers be sacrificed for you O’ Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم, how great is your status!”
          No reference.

Thus, a Sahabee who had once lived as an outcast, shunned by the society around him.
          He loved ALLAH and His Messenger ﷺ and reached such a high status.
          He who was not good-looking was blessed with a beautiful wife.
          He who was poor was blessed by a wealthy wife.
          He who had no family or status, was blessed by a wife with noble status & lineage.
          He who had lived in loneliness and despair, was loved by ALLAH and His Messenger ﷺ.
          Only the underlined is possibly true.

It is said:
          “That upon his martyrdom, that the sky itself was filled with thousands of angels who had come to participate in his Janazah”.
          No reference.

Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم ‘The Lonesome one’ had become a beloved of Allaah, and His Prophet ﷺ, he was lonely no more.
          Such is the status of the lovers of the Prophet ﷺ.
          No reference.

As for his wife, it is said that there was no widow whose hand was more sought after in marriage than hers.
          [Saheeh Muslim Book 031, Hadeeth Number 6045]
          Only this last part was mentioned in Saheeh Muslim.

What a scam of a website. No person who respects Hadith would ever refer to this website for any information regarding Hadith.
          Last edited by AbuNajm; 03-10-17, 02:33 PM. Reason: formatting corrections

Comment

I cant remembwr where I read this but it said that if there is a jihad that isnt fard al ain then a man who is newly married and wanting to consumate the marriage or a person who has livestock eg camel who will give birth soon should stay and not go to the ghazwa

Could you comment on this and if its true or not
            I have no clue about the authenticity as I cant remember where I read it
            JazakAllah khair
            [MENTION=3349]AbuNajm[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
              I cant remembwr where I read this but it said that if there is a jihad that isnt fard al ain then a man who is newly married and wanting to consumate the marriage or a person who has livestock eg camel who will give birth soon should stay and not go to the ghazwa

Could you comment on this and if its true or not
              I have no clue about the authenticity as I cant remember where I read it
              JazakAllah khair
              @AbuNajm
              The terminology "so-and-so should stay and not go" carries the connotation of a "recommendation" in legal terms.

When Jihad is a communal obligation, it is still the most meritorious act of worship that a person can do. So the voluntary Jihad would take precedence over conjugation or overseeing the birth of livestock. In fact, I've never heard of specific merits attributed to conjugation or overseeing the birth of livestock.

The only deterrents for a person to engage in communally obligated Jihad is lack of permission from a creditor, parents or a master in the case of a slave.

Comment

Jazaakallah for the detailed responses and the references, brothers. Much appreciated and very helpful in every way!

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
                  The terminology "so-and-so should stay and not go" carries the connotation of a "recommendation" in legal terms.

When Jihad is a communal obligation, it is still the most meritorious act of worship that a person can do. So the voluntary Jihad would take precedence over conjugation or overseeing the birth of livestock. In fact, I've never heard of specific merits attributed to conjugation or overseeing the birth of livestock.

The only deterrents for a person to engage in communally obligated Jihad is lack of permission from a creditor, parents or a master in the case of a slave.
                  JazakAllah khair

Comment

I would never take Hadith from such a site as "Hadith of the Day".

Some of these things are not mentioned in the main books about the Companions. Julaybeeb was not handsome and was not from a noble lineage. Also, some of the narrations mention that he used to sit with the women and one of the Companions, Abu Barzah RA, told his wife not to sit with him. This seems to be because Julaybeeb is described as very charming and very funny. More than likely this had something to do with Abu Barzah not wanting his wife to sit with Julaybeeb, not because of "disabilities".

This is not found in any books about the Companions or Seerah. It appears to be an embellishment.

This conversation does not appear to have ever taken place. It is not reported in any of the books of Hadith, Seerah or History.

This Companion from the Ansar is never named so it cannot be known if he was "prominent and noble".

An embellishment in the story.

All embellishments.

This was never said.

None of the reports or versions of the story of Julaybeeb mention this at all.

More embellishment.

Actually most of the reports mention that the daughter overhead the parents talking to the Prophet SAWS. So she did not have to ask what was happening.

Exaggeration.

Never said.

Never said.

No reference for this.

No reference for this. Also, this does not appear to be consistent with the rules of Jihad.

No reference for this in any book of history or Seerah.

No reference for this.

No reference.

This is part of a narration regarding Julaybeeb mixed in with more falsehood and exaggeration.

Not part of any Hadith.

Exaggeration.

One of the few parts of this entire story as related by "Hadith of the Day" that is true.

No reference.

Only the underlined is possibly true.

No reference.

No reference.

Only this last part was mentioned in Saheeh Muslim.

What a scam of a website. No person who respects Hadith would ever refer to this website for any information regarding Hadith.
                    Pardon if I sound like an ignorant despite such a detailed and lengthy insight from you, but, brother, to what exact extent is the story true? By that I´m referring to Julaibeeb marrying to a woman with the Prophet arranging the proposal? And, was Julaibeed really deformed, short in height etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Ummati09 View Post
                      Pardon if I sound like an ignorant despite such a detailed and lengthy insight from you, but, brother, to what exact extent is the story true? By that I´m referring to Julaibeeb marrying to a woman with the Prophet arranging the proposal? And, was Julaibeed really deformed, short in height etc.?
                      I highlighted in red the parts of the story that were embellished by the authors at Hadith of the Day.

I also mentioned the parts that were never reported in any Hadith or Athar.

So most of the details of the story as written by Hadith of the Day are unfounded.

As for the arc of the story, then that is well-known by authentic Hadith- Julaybeeb may have been short and not handsome, but I have found no reference to any "deformity". The Prophet SAWS did speak on behalf of Julaybeeb with a family from the Ansar and marry him off. The young woman submitted to the wishes of the Prophet SAWS as did the parents, who initially expressed some reluctance.

Julaybeeb then went to fight Jihad, although the details of that Jihad are not known nor the timing after the marriage. The Prophet SAWS did ask for Julaybeeb after the fighting and he was reported to have died with 7 polytheists dead around him. He was not washed, as is fitting for the martyr, and the Prophet SAWS mentioned what he mentioned about Julaybeeb RA.

The widow of Julaybeeb was sought after due to the way she dealt with the marriage of Julaybeeb and obedience to the Prophet SAWS.

It is wrong to just add details to stories about the Companions RA, regardless of whether that is for dramatic effect or otherwise. Some of the added details are offensive, such as claiming that Julaybeeb was "deformed" in any way, and other details give a bad impression of Companions RA like the parents allegedly swearing they would never marry their daughter to Julaybeeb, even after the Prophet SAWS spoke on his behalf.

Embellishing stories can lead to offensive statements and negative impressions that are unnecessary and unfortunately they have long-lasting effects as they're more likely to be remembered and passed on than the authentic aspects of the story. And when these stories are about noble Companions RA, it is even more of a sin to make up things that are untrue and offensive to their posterity.

Comment

The Prophet SAWS did speak on behalf of Julaybeeb with a family from the Ansar and marry him off. The young woman submitted to the wishes of the Prophet SAWS as did the parents, who initially expressed some reluctance.

Julaybeeb then went to fight Jihad, although the details of that Jihad are not known nor the timing after the marriage. The Prophet SAWS did ask for Julaybeeb after the fighting and he was reported to have died with 7 polytheists dead around him. He was not washed, as is fitting for the martyr, and the Prophet SAWS mentioned what he mentioned about Julaybeeb RA.

The widow of Julaybeeb was sought after due to the way she dealt with the marriage of Julaybeeb and obedience to the Prophet SAWS.
                        And this bit, which is the only true bit from the whole story, in which book of Hadeeth is it mentioned?

Comment

And this bit, which is the only true bit from the whole story, in which book of Hadeeth is it mentioned?
                          [MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION] already posted it.

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                          It seems as if the author of that piece has written the gist of hadith found on the subject in different sources.

The part about the fighting is present here in Sahih Muslim.

Here is the one in Musnad Ahmad Hadith No. 19784

حدثنا عفان، حدثنا حماد بن سلمة، عن ثابت، عن كنانة بن نعيم العدوي، عن أبي برزة الأسلمي، أن جليبيبا كان امرأ يدخل على النساء، يمر بهن ويلاعبهن فقلت لامرأتي: لا يدخلن عليكم جليبيب؛ فإنه إن دخل عليكم، لأفعلن ولأفعلن. قال: وكانت الأنصار إذا كان لأحدهم أيم لم يزوجها حتى يعلم هل للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فيها حاجة؟ أم لا. فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم لرجل من الأنصار: " زوجني ابنتك ". فقال: نعم وكرامة يا رسول الله ونعم عيني. قال: " إني لست أريدها لنفسي ". قال: فلمن يا رسول الله؟ قال: " لجليبيب ".: قال: فقال: يا رسول الله، أشاور أمها فأتى أمها فقال: رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يخطب ابنتك. فقالت: نعم. ونعمة عيني. فقال: إنه ليس يخطبها لنفسه إنما يخطبها لجليبيب. فقالت: أجليبيب إنية؟ أجليبيب إنية؟ أجليبيب إنية؟ لا. لعمر الله لا نزوجه. فلما أراد أن يقوم ليأتي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فيخبره بما قالت أمها: قالت الجارية: من خطبني إليكم؟ فأخبرتها أمها فقالت: أتردون على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أمره؟ ادفعوني؛ فإنه لم يضيعني. فانطلق أبوها إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فأخبره فقال: شأنك بها فزوجها جليبيبا قال: فخرج رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في غزوة له. قال: فلما أفاء الله عليه قال لأصحابه: " هل تفقدون من أحد؟ " قالوا: نفقد فلانا ونفقد فلانا. قال: " انظروا هل تفقدون من أحد؟ " قالوا: لا. قال: " لكني أفقد جليبيبا ". قال: " فاطلبوه في القتلى ". قال: فطلبوه فوجدوه إلى جنب سبعة قد قتلهم، ثم قتلوه. فقالوا: يا رسول الله ها هو ذا إلى جنب سبعة قد قتلهم، ثم قتلوه، فأتاه النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقام عليه فقال: " قتل سبعة وقتلوه هذا مني وأنا منه. هذا مني وأنا منه " مرتين أو ثلاثا، ثم وضعه رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم على ساعديه وحفر له ما له سرير إلا ساعدا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم، ثم وضعه في قبره، ولم يذكر أنه غسله. قال ثابت: فما كان في الأنصار أيم أنفق منها. وحدث إسحاق بن عبد الله بن أبي طلحة ثابتا قال: هل تعلم ما دعا لها رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم؟ قال: " اللهم صب عليها الخير صبا، ولا تجعل عيشها كدا كدا ". قال فما كان في الأنصار أيم أنفق منها. (1) قال أبو عبد الرحمن: ما حدث به في الدنيا أحد إلا حماد بن سلمة ما أحسنه من حديث

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87825[/ATTACH]

Comment

[MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION] already posted it.
                            Oh´.... Actually, I didn´t overlook that, but it seems I failed to mention that I don´t understand Arabic. A translated version of it will be highly appreciated. [MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION]

Comment

Oh´.... Actually, I didn´t overlook that, but it seems I failed to mention that I don´t understand Arabic. A translated version of it will be highly appreciated. @ZeeshanParvez
                              A decent translation would take at least an hour or so.

It's a lot to ask of anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X