Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "O! My Uncle, even if you put the Sun in my right hand and Moon in my left,

:salams
    "O! My Uncle, even if you put the Sun in my right hand and Moon in my left, I will not give up this mission (of spreading God's word) until I die." Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)

Can anybody describe the incident in details that when did our Prophet(S.A.W) say this and why?
    :jkk:
    Allah, Blessed is He and Most High, said: "O son of Adam! Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky, then you sought forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you, and I would not mind."
    Jami'at Tirmidhi #3540

Re: "O! My Uncle, even if you put the Sun in my right hand and Moon in my left,

Originally posted by Merch for Muslims View Post
    "O! My Uncle, even if you put the Sun in my right hand and Moon in my left, I will not give up this mission (of spreading God's word) until I die." Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)

Can anybody describe the incident in details that when did our Prophet(S.A.W) say this and why?
    Leaving authenticity aside for a moment.
    Leaders of Quraish came to Abu Talib, trying to get him to get the Prophet :saw: to stop preaching the message because it became problematic for them, they tried to bribe him by offering him various stuff...
    Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

:wswrwb:
      wa iyyak
      The incident was regarding the first years of the Message of Islam in Makka. At that time, Makka was ruled by the tribe called Quraish who maintained the Holy Kaaba and maintained Makka as a Holy Sanctuary. However, they and their predecessors and other Arab tribes had invented false gods and idols and erected statues, idols, in and around the Kaaba. Along with these false gods, they invented beliefs and practices around them such that Arabs would migrate to Makka to worship these false gods as part of their pilgrimage. The annual pilgrimage was a major source of income and empowerment of the Quraish.

Thus, the Quraish invented false gods and the beliefs and practices around them, and sustained and facilitated the invention of false gods and beliefs of other Arab tribes. And they earned a major portion of their annual revenue from this, as each visiting tribe would pay tributes for safe passage, and made sacrifices and donations to their false idols, etc. This is not just shirk, this is TAGHUT- inventing lies and enforcing shirk and taghut on their people, for their own profit, and empowerment.

And of the Quraish, the tribal elite formed a council, assembly, or "Congress" in which they discussed the affairs of their tribe. And the elite selected a tribal chief who would carry out the elites and elders decisions as well as lead them in difficulties. And when Makka needed a legal judgment, or determine the affairs of the tribe with other tribes, they would go to this "Congress" and its leader.

While this system served the Quraish elites and elders, making them rich, powerful, influential, it caused all kinds of evil/fasq, immorality/fahsha, and utter degradation and corruption/fasad of the society.

The most important tribal chief/shaykh of the Quraish in recent times was the grandfather of the Prophet , Abdul Muttalib. His clan was Bani Hashim. After Abdul Muttalib died, the shaykhdom eventually went to the oldest son of Abdul Muttalib, Abu Talib.
      Abu Talib was empowered to lead the Quraish and Makka, but he was not totally in power, rather he had to negotiate and compromise with the other Quraish elders and elites, very similar to today's parliementary democratic relations.

As well, the Prophet was an orphan, so his uncle Abu Talib raised him. But because Abu Talib was not rich and had sons and daughters of his own, he did not or could not afford to teach the little child Muhammad how to read and write, hence he was illiterate.

Regarding this hadith, which is reported as "weak" by reliable sources, the Mesage of Islam had been revealed to the Prophet and he had been meeting at Baitul Arqam next to the Kaaba such that more and more people had accepted Islam.

If I am not mistaken, this hadith is related to the period AFTER the public stage of Dawah began, but before the years of Embargo and punishment of Bani Hashim and the believers. At this point, the Quraish elders who formed the "Congress" were trying to determine how to make the Prophet compromise and negotiate with them so they could protect their power and influence.

But he and the Message of Islam was so overpowering and not open to compromise. Allah's Book regularly condemned the Quraish elite, specifically pointing out their lies, their despicable character, their evil ways. So they approached Abu Talib both as the chief of Quraish, and as the Prophet's uncle, to force or persuade the Prophet to relent to their demands, whether it was women, money, power, or jinn possession/sihr.

There are many ayat regarding this period. And while this one hadith is weak, the Quran itself has several replies and wisdoms for the Prophet to avoid the Quraish elite and their requests.

Such as the first 15 verses of suratul Qalam.
      68:8-10
      Then do not obey the deniers.
      They wish that you would soften [in your position], so they would soften [toward you].
      And do not obey every worthless habitual swearer
      [And] scorner, going about with malicious gossip -
      Last edited by Abu Kamel; 09-09-17, 07:23 AM.
      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

This was when ,Meccan kuffar approached prophet's uncle and try to stop Prophet :saw2: from preaching Islam by offering him to accept him as their King and to give as many beautiful women he liked etc just in exchange to stop preaching Islam.
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X