Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Muslim feel sorry about non-Muslim's disease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could Muslim feel sorry about non-Muslim's disease?

Originally posted by YoungMuslimah78 View Post
    Yes. Poland is Christian to the very core and very - let's say - traditional country. Anywhere you turn, especially in bigger cities, you see old towns, monuments, museums and other things like that. For example, yesterday was the anniversary of Warsaw Uprsing that took place in 1944, when people of Warsaw revolted against German Nazi occupation. My sister took this over and even watched the documentary on the TV. Someday she said 'You favor Islamic history'. Then you are very right with your diagnosis and, to be honest, I am not suprised. We simply don't fit there even when we speak the same language. Polish history is somewhat connected very strongly with Christianity and it is very hard for people from outside to understand that.

Thank you for your honest reply. As I mentioned somewhere above, I feel that when I will be at university, sixty kilometers away, she is probably to apostate. This morning I was praying Istikhara and soon I understand there is no other way but let it go. I should reconcile with it. It is very painful but at least I tried my best.
    I was surprised to that you're the younger sister and she's the older one (if I'm not wrong). Usually older ones are more matured but unfortunately I don't think it's the case here.

Muslims especially underestimate the strength of identity. Does worshipping cows or goats making slightest sense to you or anyone sane? It actually doesn't even make sense to hindus and yet they hold onto it strongly because they feel it's a part of their identity, culture and values. Poles have held onto Christianity even despite Soviet influence. I said in other thread that you should seriously consider moving out of Poland.

If you feel she's actually on the brink, you could confront her and directly challenge her beliefs. A bit of a last ditch effort.

And I understand that she's your sister and it's hard to accept apostasy of ones' siblings for anyone. But ultimately only Allah can guide. I conclude with the story of a muslim who was guided by Allah and sacrificed a lot to save Islam at the most crucial time. Please read: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nvert-To-Islam
    Last edited by Spicen; 02-08-17, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TURJUMAN View Post
      The bold statement caught my attention & might actually be the secret to this quagmire. The Mushrikeen Catholics in that family might be feigning piety & kindness to try win her over; But I highly suspect they might have instilled in her the poison about nationalism, about not forgetting her German & Polish roots, how she has abandoned her people for a foreign religion which tried to convert them before etc. How different we are from our Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) when he visited his Jewish neighbor whose son was dying. He didn't flinch but ordered the young man to proclaim shahadah. He complied before passing away & the Prophet thanked Allah for saving him from fire. Because dying in kufr is Jahannam. May Allah protect us & your sister from this fitnah.
      Originally posted by Spicen View Post
      I was surprised to that you're the younger sister and she's the older one (if I'm not wrong). Usually older ones are more matured but unfortunately I don't think it's the case here.

Muslims especially underestimate the strength of identity. Does worshipping cows or goats making slightest sense to you or anyone sane? It actually doesn't even make sense to hindus and yet they hold onto it strongly because they feel it's a part of their identity, culture and values. Poles have held onto Christianity even despite Soviet influence. I said in other thread that you should seriously consider moving out of Poland.

If you feel she's actually on the brink, you could confront her and directly challenge her beliefs. A bit of a last ditch effort.

And I understand that she's your sister and it's hard to accept apostasy of ones' siblings for anyone. But ultimately only Allah can guide. I conclude with the story of a muslim who was guided by Allah and sacrificed a lot to save Islam at the most crucial time. Please read: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...nvert-To-Islam

Comment

I didn’t know that nationalism is such a great sin.

Actually, the Polish-German roots were very harmful to me and my sister in the school’s years. The Polish people have never trusted Germans and fought with them since the very beginnings of their history. And about Islam in Polish history, lots of issues were said there before.

Thank you for such a beautiful story.

My relationship with sister is about to be worst every day. The distance between us every day is longer and she seems to ignore it. I just gave up. Everything what I do is praying. I stopped to continue some debates about faith, identity and history I was trying to start. At best she shrugged her arms and after five minutes left the room so there is no purpose to challenge her beliefs. I assume that the decission is made and nothing has left to do.

In my previous thread I mentioned that I was trying to move to the United Kingdom and apply for university. This plan has failed due to lower exam results than I expected. Now I am going to study at local university. I don’t really think it would help, to be honest. The posison has been poured into my sister’s mind and it wouldn’t be that easy to retrun to Islam for her. Western countries are very liberal and, for me, it is bigger danger than even Catholicism. At least, no homosexusals are to be find on the streets kissing each other openly.
        Ofcourse liberal western culture is harmful. But atleast there's some sort of community there.

Comment

I stopped to continue some debates about faith
          Good.

Comment

Working...
          X