Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Muslim feel sorry about non-Muslim's disease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Muslim feel sorry about non-Muslim's disease?

This is related to my another thread (see here: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-sister-s-work) but I also ask in general terms. Can good Muslim feel sorry about that, especially if he or she is in relatively close relations with this non-Muslim or the believer is 'forced' on some way to spend some time with this person? Please note, I mean severe or incurable diseases.

Re: Could Muslim feel sorry about non-Muslim's disease?

Assalamu alaykum

Of course we can feel sorry for a non Muslim with a disease! We are human, we have compassion.
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
      Assalamu alaykum

Of course we can feel sorry for a non Muslim with a disease! We are human, we have compassion.
      Thank you for your reply. I used to think the same, but I've reached the point where I need to learn more about principles of my faith. I searched the web and I found nothing. Can we try to make our non-Muslim - let's say - friend feel better and care about them like family does?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMuslimah78 View Post
        Thank you for your reply. I used to think the same, but I've reached the point where I need to learn more about principles of my faith. I searched the web and I found nothing. Can we try to make our non-Muslim - let's say - friend feel better and care about them like family does?
        My family's non muslim and I try look after them best I can

Think of your kindness as dawah
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          My family's non Muslim and I try look after them best I can

Think of your kindness as dawah
          Thank you very much. I took a deep breath :D. I am now in a strange state of mind, don't know what is wrong and what is not and I am afraid to even about my faith. I feel completely lost.
          This is question was specifically about my sister who cares about some non-Muslim woman and is influenced by her beliefs (I am pretty sure dawah will be ineffective in her case). I assumed that my sister's compassion towards her disease may be one of the factors of the weakening of her faith, but - as you wrote - it's very good deed.

Comment

http://seekerselite.com

Comment

This is related to my another thread (see here: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-sister-s-work) but I also ask in general terms. Can good Muslim feel sorry about that, especially if he or she is in relatively close relations with this non-Muslim or the believer is 'forced' on some way to spend some time with this person? Please note, I mean severe or incurable diseases.

"Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity."

But be careful so as to not let your care for someone make you go so far that you start complaining saying "why this ... why that ..." no sense
              Last edited by {Muslim}; 27-07-17, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, we are not rocks, we the muslims, are the most compassionate (or supposed to be) people on earth.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                  Yes, we are not rocks, we the muslims, are the most compassionate (or supposed to be) people on earth.
                  Originally posted by {Muslim} View Post

"Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity."

But be careful so as to not let your care for someone make you go so far that you start complaining saying "why this ... why that ..." no sense
                  May Allah reward you.

Is keeping distance the best solution then? I mean, be sorry but not make closer relations, care about them in their disease, etc?

Comment

You can feel sorry for them,

What you can't do is make Dua for them after they die as Kuffar,

:jkk:
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

May Allah reward you.

Is keeping distance the best solution then? I mean, be sorry but not make closer relations, care about them in their disease, etc?
                      We don't make the Kuffar intimate friends,

You can deal with them with respect, in a civil manner,

But friendship is reserved for the Believers,

If this non muslim is of the opposite gender, you need stay far away from him or her, otherwise give them Dawah,

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

If this non muslim is of the opposite gender, you need stay far away from him or her, otherwise give them Dawah,

Are you saying that based off the verse in the Quran which goes something along the lines of..'And do not take disbelievers for friends..'?

Comment

You can feel sorry for them,

What you can't do is make Dua for them after they die as Kuffar,

I know about this.

Thank you for your reply.

Could you see my another thread that I provided the link to? This thread is somewhat related. The core of my problems is my sister's friendship with a family of non-Muslims. I observed that in her case feeling sorry about non-Muslim woman disease has lead into deep relation. It's hard to keep balance, especially in the western country.

Comment

I know about this.

Thank you for your reply.

Could you see my another thread that I provided the link to? This thread is somewhat related. The core of my problems is my sister's friendship with a family of non-Muslims. I observed that in her case feeling sorry about non-Muslim woman disease has lead into deep relation. It's hard to keep balance, especially in the western country.
                            Deep relation?

If she really feels sorry for her female non muslim friend, she should give her Dawah,

Otherwise this fake relationship is pointless,

Comment

Originally posted by dots View Post
                              Are you saying that based off the verse in the Quran which goes something along the lines of..'And do not take disbelievers for friends..'?
                              Yes of course,

Refer to the link below for detailed explanation...

https://islamqa.info/en/59879

Comment

Working...
                              X