Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: question about music

asalaam alaykum
    i have a quesion reagrding music. i too listen to it while studying and this is an example of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxabLA7UQ9k
    i usually listen to it to distract me because concentration os hard enough. please look into it. thank you

Comment

Music is completely forbidden it is like alcohol for the soul brother itaqillah please for your own good
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Music is haram, especially the instruments.

Comment

I am not one of the ulemma and therefore I am not fully aware of why music is banned. It is banned, thus end of story; one must respect the decisions made by those who dedicated their lives in the pursuit of gaining Islamic knowledge for the pleasure of Allah Az Zawajal.

However, from a scientific point of view, it is well known that music is a strong evoker of emotions. And emotions are one of the tools shaytan loves to use. Emotions can supercede logic which can become disastrous. The question of what about music without lyrics - I feel that it numbs and desensitizes your brain to the calming and soothing effect of a melodious Qur'an recitation. And Allah (swt) knows best. I used to be heavily into music, even planned to be a dj one day when I get my career goals done. Then one day listened to a nasheed by Mishary Al Afasy, which lead me to his recitation of Surah Ar Rahman the beauty of Qur'an and bam. First few days following that I actually felt guilty listening to music, then a complete withdrawl from all music happened. Alhamdulillah.

Music was also the tool used by shaitain to lure the pious descendants of Abel (as) to mix with the corrupted descendants of Cain (as). It was the first use of music and it was pure evil. And Allah (swt) knows best.

Originally posted by Muamer View Post
          Selam.
          I used to be first a DJ, than a pop producer, and than i understood those tracks had bad words, seems for me not right at all. Than I started to create voiceless music. What i mean by that is that i created music like mozart would do, cellos, violins, violas, flutes...etc instruments.

Now, on this forum I found that music is prohibited fully.
          Music is my passion, but, I will quit even my biggest passion if thats really against Islam.

I want to clearly know can i make emotional voiceless music or i cant.

I dont wanna pray, read quran, be good and throw that all on sining with music.

Music calms me, i do it as a hobby, i like to compose in virtual programs.

https://m.soundcloud.com/ml_lapan/ml...vhe-mubarum-jd
          https://m.soundcloud.com/ml_lapan/ml...t-mohican-najd
          https://m.soundcloud.com/ml_lapan/ml...f-the-ummah-jd

Those are examples of my creations.

Is this wrong, should i quit it even if it does not put me away from Islam?
          Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
          Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
          That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr478 View Post
            Music is haram, especially the instruments.
            interestingson.png
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
              I am not one of the ulemma and therefore I am not fully aware of why music is banned. It is banned, thus end of story; one must respect the decisions made by those who dedicated their lives in the pursuit of gaining Islamic knowledge for the pleasure of Allah Az Zawajal.
              Scholars don't decide what is haraam and halaal.
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

I meant they deciphered from the daleel, my bad.

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                Scholars don't decide what is haraam and halaal.
                Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
                Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
                That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
                  I meant they deciphered from the daleel, my bad.
                  Yeah.

Comment

Working...
                  X