Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions about Islam

Asalam Walikum,

I don't know how to being, i am a Muslim living in Pakistan, 24 years of age. as i am progressing in life, my believe in Islam is becoming weaker and weaker. i pray 5 times a day but have no passion in it, maybe the only reason i do it is because i am doing it my entire life. The reason of my week faith is that i fail to understand certain things in Islam. Please don't find my questions offensive as i want answers of these.

Firstly i don't understand the concept of apostate in Islam, most religious people or scholars i have heard think that person who apostate that is leaves Islam should be killed, i just don't understand the logic of it, if someone does not want to follow Islam, why kill him. i think a person should be allowed to follow any faith or religion he wants. if we believe that apostate should be killed, then the non Muslims can apply the principle on people converting to islam in their countries, thousands of non Muslims convert to Islam in west every year, that if America or UK passes a law that says that anyone converting from Christianity would be killed. Would that be justified? then how is Islamic punishment of apostate is justified?.

Secondly what about the law of blasphemy. In Pakistan everyday we hear cases of people being accused of blasphemy most of them being non Muslims. and when a person gets accused he is lucky if he gets behind bars, because it is usual that a big mob would gather outside his house to kill me and then would burn entire non Muslims neighborhoods because one person is accused of blasphemy.even the religious scholars would call for his death, without even confirming the whether he is guilty or not. It has become so easy to accuse anyone of blasphemy especially if they are non Muslims. i don't understand this law. Why should a blasphemer be killed?. Why not let Allah deal with him at the day of judgement. and what is the definition of blasphemy. What if someone don't abuse Allah or prophet Muhammad but just does not agree with something that they says or debates any thing they say. would he be a blasphemer?. as a Muslim, if someone debates or challenges anything in Islam, should not we challenge him logically instead of calling for their death.

Please answer my questions,as i am really confused about them.

Re: Some Questions about Islam

:wswrwb:

What's the big deal about Allah(azza wa jall) commanding that someone should die? People ask this question as if He doesn't have the power to bring them back to life again, and as if He has no right to do with His own creation as He pleases. He doesn't need a reason to massacre everyone if He wants to, but He doesn't because He's nice to us. But leaving His religion is not nice to Him.
    This isn't exclusive for Islam, all Abrahamic religions have this, but we're the only ones who take the commands of Allah(azza wa jall) seriously.
    He makes that person, people never ask "why did you let this person live?", but people ask "why do you let this person die?" - this doesn't make sense. If I was to start building something, you will ask why I'm building it, and if I choose to destroy it, maybe you'll ask why I choose to do so. Or if the building is useless, then you won't even ask. How about a person whom Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) makes, and they become useless? Why don't we ask why He doesn't destroy them? What difference does it make if somebody lives for another short while? If they go to Disney Land in that time, it won't make a difference when they're in Hell forever after that.

If non-muslims were to apply the same laws, I can't do anything about that, I might think that it's wrong because Islam is right, but if I was in that other religion then I'd think that we do wrong and they do right perhaps. It is not hypocritical of me to say that they would do wrong in that case if Islam is true, because then Islam is true and killing muslims is illegal in Islam.

Blasphemy laws are subject to trials like any other crime. Most laymen are not jurists and don't know what is legal and illegal, but laymen tend to go after their own interests, and it is up to the judges to discern if the suspect is guilty or not. If they make mistakes or follow laws other than shariah, thereby oppressing people, this is not the fault of Islam nor the shariah, but would be the fault of the people in charge.
    I've never heard of a "trial" wherein the suspect is not given a fair chance and the "challenge him logically" is not provided, that's one of the preconditions before capital punishment for apostasy is applied; the person is usually given several days to talk it over with scholars to change their mind. If they don't get that, then again, the issue is not in Islam.
    And again; Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) chooses what should be done and where, if He wants to "deal with him immediately", then He has the right to have it done, you can't decide for Him that "No, you will deal with this person when I feel like You should deal with this person" - it's not up to us. He has the right to do so, because He gave that person their life, so the person owes Him a life, and He can take it back at any time.

To me it seems like you're complaining about the same thing twice, because I don't know of blasphemy warranting a death sentance without it having been apostasy. And personally I wonder why somebody is so stupid as to let everyone know, and then get in trouble for it, why don't they keep quiet so they'll survive? Whoever gets themselves in trouble is extremely stupid in my opinion. But then, what is to be expected of apostates, they apostatized "for a reason".
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

OP, you have both rulings wrong firstly.

You cannot kill someone just for them leaving Islam. I suggest you research the actual ruling, as the opinion you have currently is incorrect.

The concerns regarding blasphemy are a product of politics and culture (especially in Pakistan). Pakistan calls itself an Islamic country but it has a central bank and issued a transgender passport (see other post on this forum), so when you see Pakistanis go on full rage-mode for blasphemy and murder individuals without a trial, it is a reflection of ignorance.

In both cases, you are using the actions of ignorant Muslims to question your faith. You shouldn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
        OP, you have both rulings wrong firstly.

You cannot kill someone just for them leaving Islam. I suggest you research the actual ruling, as the opinion you have currently is incorrect.

The concerns regarding blasphemy are a product of politics and culture (especially in Pakistan). Pakistan calls itself an Islamic country but it has a central bank and issued a transgender passport (see other post on this forum), so when you see Pakistanis go on full rage-mode for blasphemy and murder individuals without a trial, it is a reflection of ignorance.

In both cases, you are using the actions of ignorant Muslims to question your faith. You shouldn't do that.
        Horizon. Firstly not only pakistan but every muslim country in the world has a central bank. and i dont see how thats a issue. if you are talking about interest based banking then its because they are no complete islamic alternatives trust me i belong to finanicial field even the islamic banks deal in interest based transactions one way or a another. of course they might called their activities islamic and even have leading scholars on their advisory boards to validate their activities but at the end of the day they are one way or another involved in interest based system. Until islamic scholars and finanical experts come up with a complete alternative to interest based system its not possible to remove it completely. the issue of interest is very old especially here in pakistan and if i remember correctly the courts even asked islamic scholars to bring an alternative to interest based system but so far they have not provided any. and about the transgender issue how on earth is issuing passport to a transgender unlslamic. just because they are borned different does not give you any right to discriminate against them and that in the name of islam. to be honest i am bit surprized that you consider transgender rights as unislamic. they are not not gay or lesbian rather they are borned this way they have sexual orintation of both male and female.

Comment

[MENTION=144438]saadking[/MENTION], what do you think of the replies you got?

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
            I don't believe the OP is truthful. Rather, he is likely a liberalized Pakistani, or perhaps not even that, perhaps he's an Indian.
            Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
            " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
              I don't believe the OP is truthful. Rather, he is likely a liberalized Pakistani, or perhaps not even that, perhaps he's an Indian.
              would it matter if he was indian or say chinese?
              And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

Its hard to say exactly, but see in the counselling section where he made same thread, he replied there. Lol @ indian comment I take it as a joke.

Comment

I dont know either to laugh at you or cry for you. ok so if i ask a question that you have a hard time answering that either i am a liberal or an indian. what kind of stupid logic is this. grow up my friend.

Comment

http://abuaminaelias.com/did-the-pro...ther-religion/

Comment

When we say there is no freedom/compulsion in religion it would mean you cannot force a kafir to become muslim. [MENTION=144438]saadking[/MENTION].

Apostates and general kafirs are not the same they will be treated differently in a land govern by pure Islam, so, la ikraha fiddin wont apply to murtads.

Comment

When we say there is no freedom/compulsion in religion it would mean you cannot force a kafir to become muslim. [MENTION=144438]saadking[/MENTION].

Apostates and general kafirs are not the same they will be treated differently in a land govern by pure Islam, so, la ikraha fiddin wont apply to murtads.
                        If Apostate will be killed in a land govern by islam then how is this not complusion. so basically you also believe killing someone is justified if they leave islam.

Comment

Originally posted by saadking View Post
                          If Apostate will be killed in a land govern by islam then how is this not complusion. so basically you also believe killing someone is justified if they leave islam.
                          The sister has the wrong interpretation just like you did.

Also, the source-link you posted returns as Not Found. Can you post the full link to that source brother?

Edit: Although the sister did not explicitly say Apostates will be killed if they leave Islam, I'm not sure what she is implying by saying this:

so, la ikraha fiddin wont apply to murtads.
                          If you aren't qualified to give Tafsir of Quraan or of Islamic rulings, please be careful of doing so, sister.
                          Last edited by horizon; 05-07-17, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
                            The sister has the wrong interpretation just like you did.

Also, the source-link you posted returns as Not Found. Can you post the full link to that source brother?

Edit: Although the sister did not explicitly say Apostates will be killed if they leave Islam, I'm not sure what she is implying by saying this:

If you aren't qualified to give Tafsir of Quraan or of Islamic rulings, please be careful of doing so, sister.
                            Here is the correct link [MENTION=143728]horizon[/MENTION]
                            http://abuaminaelias.com/did-the-pro...ther-religion/

Comment

Ok true, wasnt a ruling... was just giving my limited understanding..not good idea, @ horizon.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X