Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions for Muslims by non-Muslim

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    There is a difference between the Quran and 'the sunnah' i.e the life, sayings and example of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)

Regarding the Quran, it is to Muslims the literal word of God, not the inspired word, not the creation of God, the literal word and as such is taken to be 100% from God.

As for the sayings and example of Muhammad, there is a strict verification process first of all to establish this is something he has actually said or done. And though there are few examples of where he is speaking for himself just as a man, generally his example was like that of a man living the Quran day to day and God commands us to follow this example and refer back to it.
    I just love the Quran 81. Breathtaking.

...Even so, I feel that regarding the Quran as perfect robs it of it's beauty and art, in a way. I'd rather see the Quran's composition as the prophet's personal issues and insecurities being the backdrop or the medium which gives way to moments of divine clarity.
    Last edited by Gnome; 04-07-17, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnome View Post
      however, there are a few things the Quran got wrong as well.
      what are those few things, if i may ask?

Comment

Hi

Hi. I've been trying to learn as much as possible about Islam. I've read most of the Quran, read books and watches videos so I'll try to articulate my understanding and some questions.

So there was the prophet Muhammad who wrote the Quran. I get how this process was miraculous and likely spiritually guided but,
        Prophet Muhammad recited what he heard from Angel Gabriel and even you as a Christian should be believing when the bible testifies that here

John 16:12-14 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.…"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…

to understand more on the verse refer to post # 281 and 282

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...n-of-god/page8

why consider Muhammad and the Quran to be the final say? ... I know Muhammad declared that this is so but I cannot see a compelling reason to believe him. Why can't we see him as *a* prophet of Allah and not *The final prophet* of Allah? Seems to be quite reasonable.
        Because its undisputably proved so and the challenge has stood there for more than 1430+ years which we see from his last haj sermon three months before his demise when he was still fine & healthy and said these with 10,000's of witnesses of his Sahabas

FROM THE LAST HAJ SERMON IN THE VALLEY OF ARAFA UNDER A GATHERING OF 120,000 HAJIS

''After praising and thanking Allah the Prophet (saws) said:

“O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me, and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur’an and my Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray. ...........................''

''
        Because from the viewpoint of Islam as it is it seems that the unbelievers will never be validated as human beings deserving of free will.
        This is a misconception & completely against the Glorious Quran see verse 2:256 and verse 26:4 shows Allah does not use force or compel humans to believe though he is all powerful to do that too

Islam is of a particular aesthetic and quality which may be more suitable to people of a certain geographical vicinity, ethnicity, and history. Places like Europe and North-east Asia for instance have not found Islam to be a good fit. And the Muslim viewpoint would have to regard these folks as unequivocally wrong..
        Once when Muslims who became super power of the world in just 35 years (from previously camel herders) the west coveted to learn Islam from them is seen in histories of Spain and other countries . even China , and Mongols did as did SE Asia untill Indonesia .

The secular west wants peaceful co-existence with other cultures and races, however they also want hegemony over the lands of which they have held dominion and stewardship over for generations. Are Muslims OK with the fact the West wants to keep it this way? Or is the consensus that the West should convert eventually to a religion which is alien to them?
        The answer to this will be found from the letter that our Prophet despatched to the Byzantine Emperor, the super power of those times kindly google it and read it.
        Last edited by talibilm09; 05-09-17, 12:41 PM.
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X