Can one be a muslim? By..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can one be a muslim? By..

Can one be a muslim by not learning the arabic and read the quran in english (last time sahih international now i changed to yusuf ali)
    Recite easy verses only like, al kafiroon, al ikhlas, al falaq, annas, for every salat after Fatihah in arabic of course,
    also if death comes to me NOT knowing arabic am i muslim? In the grave or On the day of judgement, what language is spoken?:watermelon:

Re: Can one be a muslim? By..

Originally posted by PolygonPauper View Post
    Can one be a muslim by not learning the arabic and read the quran in english (last time sahih international now i changed to yusuf ali)
    Recite easy verses only like, al kafiroon, al ikhlas, al falaq, annas, for every salat after Fatihah in arabic of course,
    also if death comes to me NOT knowing arabic am i muslim? In the grave or On the day of judgement, what language is spoken?:watermelon:
    Brother:

As a revert to Islam I have memorized a few Surah. I cannot read Arabic...yet....I am slowly regaining some Surah that an unfortunate stroke took some away. But, it's not that I don't want to learn the Arabic language, I do. It's just a slow process. Allah will speak and everyone will understand his speech.
    I really don't think that it matters much, but, one should learn ir.
    When we enter Jannah, Allah won't sayto us "well doneeth though good and faithfulist servanteth."

Comment

Anyone can be a Muslim by declaring the Shaaadah " La illaha illallah wa Muhammadin Rasullallah". It means "There is no God but for Allah and Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah". You need to state this and believe in it. Once you do that, you are a Muslims.

You do not need to master Arabic in order to be a practicing Muslims, but you should learn it, it would make things easier on you. As for Salah, you can do the basics outlined here.
      You can learn how to perform Salah from many videos on youtube, and or ask any of the members on this site (Lots of good people here, don't let the trolls scare you away, some of them are good trolls too [MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION]).

Just make sure that you stick to the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH). The Sunnah is the sayings and teachings of the Prophet and as Muslims we should emulate him as much as we can.

Comment

Who ever told you are a kafir if u don't know Arabic has himself become a kafir (disbeliever ) by uttering those words. Islam is religion of leniency for people of all race color and language :) Language is a property of our current physical world thus you do not need to worry about what language u will speak in the next world. Allah (swt) knows best.

It is better to know the meanings of the surah that you recite in salaah but even if u don't know the meaning your salaah (prayer) is not invalidated. However knowing the meaning will give you a better awareness of Allah. Think of salaah has a letter you are writing to God. Salaah has its roots in the Arabic word of 'communication'

The only time it will become imperative for you to learn Arabic is when you want to know the deepest meanings of the ayats (loosely transalated as verse) of Qur'an. I have heard Yusuf Ali khan failed to translate properly but I am not sure of the authenticity of that rumour. He translates entire names eg Masjid Al Aqsa (the third holiest mosque of Islam, located in Jerusalem) is translated as 'masjid that is most distant' which most people cannot relate to (unless you are from the time of Prophet (pbuh) and living in Makkah from which masjid al aqsa is the most distant mosque). Allah (swt) knows best.

Originally posted by PolygonPauper View Post
        Last edited by Dr. Blitz; 04-07-17, 04:33 AM.
        Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
        Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
        That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X