• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Qur'an while being sick?

Selam.
    My name is Muamer.
    I am Bosnian muslim.
    A week ago I get sick, and I can not find peace in my soul, nor heart.
    I wasn't near to be good muslim, or muslim at all.
    I did not fast, I did not pray.
    Now, I am crying every night when I awake, and my heart cries all day, I feel my soul is hurted.
    I am scared of death, and I know it means I am not strong, or at all believer.
    I feel like I am not ready to die, I feel like I don't deserve God to see me at all.
    I am ashamed of myself, at the same time I am scared for myself.

When I awake at night, can I read Qur'an on computer, and ask from God for help.
    Will God hear my prayers? I read somewhere, if you do not pray when healthy, do not ask for help when you are sick.
    Do I still have any chance to become a dear person to God?
    Will God hear me at all?
    I want my health back, and I want to change my life.

Re: Reading Qur'an while being sick?

You can always repent. It says in the Qur'an that Allah forgives all sins. Its in the Chapter of the Qur'an called Az-Zumar.

Also, Allah is also called Ar-Rahman, the Most Merciful. The fact that you are turning to Allah now shows that He is guiding you.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      You can always repent. It says in the Qur'an that Allah forgives all sins. Its in the Chapter of the Qur'an called Az-Zumar.

Also, Allah is also called Ar-Rahman, the Most Merciful. The fact that you are turning to Allah now shows that He is guiding you.
      Even if I was very bad person, Allah will still hear my pray?

Last time I was sick I promised to God many things, I did nothing, I became just little better as a person, other than that nothing.
      That's why I am afraid now.
      I feel like, I did not seen Allah or prayed when I promised, and now again I ask Him for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Muamer View Post
        Even if I was very bad person, Allah will still hear my pray?

Last time I was sick I promised to God many things, I did nothing, I became just little better as a person, other than that nothing.
        That's why I am afraid now.
        I feel like, I did not seen Allah or prayed when I promised, and now again I ask Him for help.
        Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There was a man before you who had killed ninety nine people and then asked the learned people of the earth about salvation. He was directed to a monk. He came to him and told him that he had killed ninety nine people and he asked him whether there was any possibility of his repentance being accepted. The monk said no, so he killed him and thus completed his hundredth murder. He then asked again about the learned people of the earth and he was directed to a scholar, and he told him that he had killed one hundred people and he asked him whether there was any possibility of his repentance being accepted. The scholar said: Yes, what stands between you and repentance? You should go to this land as there are people devoted to prayer and worship and you should worship alongside them and do not go to your land as it is a land of evil. So he went away and he did not cover half the distance when death came to him. There was a dispute between the angel of mercy and the angel of punishment. The angel of mercy said: This man has come to Allah repenting and remorseful, and the angel of punishment said: This man has done no good at all. Then there came another angel in the form of a human in order to judge between them. Allah said: Measure the land to which he has drawn near. They measured it and found him nearer to the land of piety, so the angel of mercy took possession of him.”

Source: Sahih Muslim 2766

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim
        Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 25-06-17, 02:03 PM.

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Brother the hadith above shows that even murderers can repent.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
            Brother the hadith above shows that even murderers can repent.
            Thank you.
            Where I can read Qur'an on internet and on English so I can understand at least a bit with my so-so english?
            Also can I stop at whatever place to read it, do I need just to watch letter and read or recite it quietly at night?

Comment

Originally posted by Muamer View Post
              Thank you.
              Where I can read Qur'an on internet and on English so I can understand at least a bit with my so-so english?
              Also can I stop at whatever place to read it, do I need just to watch letter and read or recite it quietly at night?
              https://quran.com/

This website has the Qur'an with English translation or Bosnian translation brother.

https://quran.com/36

For example, click on the above link. In the top right, it says settings, click it and it says translations, if you scroll down a bit you can click on Bosnian translation or stick with English.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X