Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi :) I am new here and have tons of questions... Here's my first one

Hello! :)

First thing first, I am not a Muslim.... I am not even religious. I am skeptical about pretty much everything but I want to learn as much as possible about everything that the universe has to offer so I will ask tons of short annoying questions to which, I think, will require deep and complicated answers. I would like to know your own, personal answers and not only pre-written answers by other authors or people. You can of course refer me to other people but I would really like to read what everyone has to say as individuals.

Feel free to ignore my queries, but if you feel like answering them, I would really appreciate it. On the flip side, feel free to ask me anything and I will try to answer you as best as I can even though I don't know anything about anything. ;)

Ok.... Here is my first question:

Is Islam the only true religion and if so, why? If not, which ones are also true and why?

Re: Hi :) I am new here and have tons of questions... Here's my first one

Originally posted by Mayfiante View Post

First thing first, I am not a Muslim.... I am not even religious. I am skeptical about pretty much everything but I want to learn as much as possible about everything that the universe has to offer so I will ask tons of short annoying questions to which, I think, will require deep and complicated answers. I would like to know your own, personal answers and not only pre-written answers by other authors or people. You can of course refer me to other people but I would really like to read what everyone has to say as individuals.

Feel free to ignore my queries, but if you feel like answering them, I would really appreciate it. On the flip side, feel free to ask me anything and I will try to answer you as best as I can even though I don't know anything about anything. ;)

Is Islam the only true religion and if so, why? If not, which ones are also true and why?
    bismillah (in the name of Allah)

Yes Islam is the true religion, Allah swt says in the Quran (translation of meaning)

And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. (Aali Imraan: 85)

Islam is the religion of all the prophets from Adam (alayhis salam) through to Muhammed sallaho alayhi wa sallam and it is also the religion of prophets like Jesus, Moses and Abraham (alayhis salam). though their followers corrupted the message they came with so what the christians and jews today have is barely recognisable

Islam is an arabic word meaning submission to the will of Allah (note Allah is the arabic name of God so dont let that confuse you) (in fact Jesus allegedly spoke aramaic in which the name of God is "Allaha"). It is a call to worship the creator alone without any partners, All the prophets (alayhis salam) came with the same call, to call mankind to worship the creator alone

i do not however expect you to take my word for it, every prophet was sent with a miracle by which his people would know he was truthful, Moses alayhis salam wa sent with a staff that turned into a snake, Jesus alayhis salam performed many miraculous cures by the will of Allah. However their miracles were limited to their specific time and place. As Muhammed sallaho alayhi wa sallam was the final messenger sent to mankind, his miracle had to outlive him

The (main, there were others of course) miracle that he was sent with was the Quran itself, The Quran is such that it could only come from the Creator

if you havent already read it i highly encourage you to do so, let me know and i can provide a link to a ebook in the language of your choice or alternatively if you get in touch with your local mosque they will be more than happy inshaAllah to give you a hard copy
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfiante View Post

Almost every religion views itself as the one true faith, Islam is in our view as Muslims is the true religion. The answer is simple as to why we believe in One God and Muhammad (Peace Blessings and Mercy be Upon Him) is a confirmation of what is said in the Torah and Bible, Muhammad (PBUH) is the final messenger of God to humanity for this reason to unite the monotheists from the Christians and Jews. We reject the concept of trinity because we view God as one. We also reject the Jewish religion as they do not accept Jesus as the Messiah who will return and save humanity and they also reject Muhammad (PBUH) as well and view themselves as superior racially and non-Jews (gentiles) as inferior.

As for other religions they believe in Messengers/Prophets after Muhammad or they believe in different deities which Islam rejects.

Comment

The Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad who was an illiterate man who claimed to be a prophet just like Abraham, Moses and Jesus.
        The question is how do we know he was telling the truth? He was either Lying, deluded or telling the truth:

1. Lying

Before he claimed to be a prophet, he was nicknamed “Al Amin” The trustworthy" one as he was never known to lie. People would lie to get material gain however he was offered wealth, position and women to leave his message but he rejected this and instead lived a life of struggle.
        This is not the profile of a liar.

.2. Deluded

He might think he is a prophet but is not.However someone who is deluded could bring about a miraculous book like the Quran. The Quran could not be produced by a human so for it to be revealed to Mohammad shows that he was not deluded.

3. Speaking the truth

So therefore when we look at the life and character of Muhammad pbuh we see he was telling the truth and that he is what he claims which is a prophet of God.

You can have a look in this thread too:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...roof-for-Islam
        Last edited by Be Muslims; 23-06-17, 08:39 AM.
        Muslims Search Engine !
        And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X