Wishes affecting other people in Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishes affecting other people in Paradise

I was reading some topics on Paradise in the lounge and a question came to mind:

Can your wishes affect the wishes of other persons in Paradise?

For example: If a woman in Paradise wants her husband all to herself, will her wish deprive him of Hoors etc if he wants them too?

Re: Wishes affecting other people in Paradise

In paradise you will have whatever you wish but you simply won't desire certain things
    For example a person whose rank means he is on the lower levels of jannah won't wish to be the highest ranked person in jannah, it won't even cross his mind
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
      In paradise you will have whatever you wish but you simply won't desire certain things
      For example a person whose rank means he is on the lower levels of jannah won't wish to be the highest ranked person in jannah, it won't even cross his mind
      So a person will have difference preferences in Paradise? Doesn't that make you a different person?

Comment

Originally posted by shabbir80 View Post
        So a person will have difference preferences in Paradise? Doesn't that make you a different person?
        Of course it does. You don't expect to even reach Jannah the way your are now, do you? You have to become a different person.

It's 'you' but without the flaws, and your positives multiplied.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
          Of course it does. You don't expect to even reach Jannah the way your are now, do you? You have to become a different person.

It's 'you' but without the flaws, and your positives multiplied.
          And one of those flaws is wanting commitment and dedicated love from your spouse?

Comment

And one of those flaws is wanting commitment and dedicated love from your spouse?
            How do you know that is what you would want?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
              How do you know that is what you would want?
              Because that's what I want and prefer now more than an ability to fly, a flying horse and a pink fluffy unicorn. And my memories and preferences are what makes me an individual person.

Comment

Because that's what I want and prefer now more than an ability to fly, a flying horse and a pink fluffy unicorn. And my memories and preferences are what makes me an individual person.
                You've veered off the path again.

What 'you' want now ≠ what 'other you' would want in Jannah

You're getting mixed up with two different personalities.

Comment

Comment

This is an argument that relies on the false dichotomy that committed/dedicated love can only be given to one woman. But if just the wording is wrong and you meant to say "exclusive love", then yes, that would be a flaw. As it would be selfish of you to want your spouse to love only you, especially if God allowed it. Doubly especially if God presented it as one of the rewards of heaven. Any act or desire against God is a flaw. And therefor a desire that is impossible for anyone to carry with them when they reach heaven.

Also give this a read, it should provide some more insight on the matter even if it doesn't address your specific question directly.

http://idealwoman.org/2014/can-women...ors-in-jannah/

Comment

I was reading some topics on Paradise in the lounge and a question came to mind:

Can your wishes affect the wishes of other persons in Paradise?

For example: If a woman in Paradise wants her husband all to herself, will her wish deprive him of Hoors etc if he wants them too?
                      In paradise all wishes are sorted out equally and fairly InshaAllah.
                      Paradise is a different realm altogether unlike this world.
                      Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X