Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I explain to a non-muslim that music is haram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I explain to a non-muslim that music is haram?

As the title says, thank you.

May Allah bless us all

Re: How do I explain to a non-muslim that music is haram?

Originally posted by skygrill View Post

May Allah bless us all
    Is this about explaining why you don't listen to music?

Comment

May Allah bless us all
      Allah knows best, but it may be better to explain to a "non-Muslim" that the phenomenon of "harmony" "melody" "rhythm" "tone" "dynamics" are intended for the recitation and worship of Allah AWJ.

These elements occur in nature: the melody of the song bird, the rhythm of the heart, the tone and dynamic of the lion's roar, etc. Man duplicates and has the capacity to arrange and compose.

These elements are most likely intended for the beautification and elevation of the words of Allah AWJ. The first Man was Adam who worshipped Allah and spoke and recited the words of Allah long before any instrument or vile song occurred. And the most beautiful voice every heard by a human was the voice of the Prophet Da`ud in recitation of the Holy revelations of Allah.
      And the most everlasting and most holy words for mankind now are from the Holy Quran.

So the capacity to compose and arrange and perform in Mankind is really intended for the recitation and beautification of the Words of Allah AWJ, but are wrongly used and wasted on what has become an evil empire and global industry of music, used by the enemies of Allah.
      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

May Allah bless us all
        best is just say that is your religious belief.

If you are trying to to get a non-muslim to agree with you on this, that is not going to happen so best not even to try.

Comment

You just scream "HARAAAAM"

just say bc of the content, and if they ask about clean music then idk,
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I don't know, but I'd be interested to know. I know it's haram and I obey the ruling but I don't really know why.

Just for clarity, I'm not referring to vulgar lyrics and music videos but maybe even orchestral music, classical and jazz.

Comment

May Allah bless us all
              It's a side issue, explain that you don't listen to music because it is prohibited by Allah, and that you try to submit yourself to Him alone.

Try to turn the conversation back to tawhid in other words.
              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

I've not been able to find the reason why music is haraam either, however, I assume it's because of 1 or more of the following:

1. It takes your thoughts away from the remembrance of Allah while listening to it.

2. When not listening to it, the tune in your mind keeps your thoughts away from the remembrance of Allah.

3. Listening to music can lead to dancing, which can lead to dancing in groups, which can lead to night clubs where many immoral things are done such as adultery, fornication, drugs, alcohol, free mixing, the wearing of inappropriate cloths etc.

4. Going back to the night club example, music sometimes seems to cause emotions to go crazy, in some cases similar to being intoxicated.
                Last edited by oshirowanen; 05-06-17, 01:10 PM.

Comment

From what i've heard of the scholars speak about it. It relates to the ayah below:

Surah 17:64

"And incite [to senselessness] whoever you can among them with your voice and assault them with your horses and foot soldiers and become a partner in their wealth and their children and promise them." But Satan does not promise them except delusion".

They key part being your voice. I've heard many scholars refer to it as music. As it entices emotion out of us.

I could be wrong. Allah knows best

Edit: I would also look into the story of Sheeth and how music was created to deviate from the path of god.

Edit: And to answer your question. No clue since they don't believe in iblis. Good luck with that one.
                  Last edited by itsgiise; 05-06-17, 01:20 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

It's haraam because Allah prohibited it. And Allah is Wise in whatever thing He does. Now it's up to us whether we will obey our Creator or disobey Him.
                    If following Aḥmad makes me a 'Wahhābī', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

May Allah bless us all
                      Easy. You tell him or her that MUSIC IS HARAM. Then tell them to be prepared to live a life of restraint and hardship and dedication. Being Muslim is not easy by any means. And tell them that Islam is about submission to God's will and that we must do what God wants not what we want. And tell him or her that if anyone transgresses and desires this dunya over the Akhira, then they will enter a BLAZING FIRE! :frown-new:
                      Last edited by hopefulservant24; 25-06-17, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Music is not actually haram. I do not understand why people spread this misinformation about Islam.This is another reason what makes nonmuslims to escape from Islam. There are only some Haram types of music such as hard rock which make you behave aggressively . This belief came from the past where Arabians played music to dance girls but this does not mean listening to music is haram. There are some music which I listen frequently such as slow types which make me feel better and remember Allah. There is nothing wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                          You just scream "HARAAAAM"

just say bc of the content, and if they ask about clean music then idk,
                          Thuis Comment made me laugh out loud
                          And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

Music is pollution of the brain
                            Music and Quran cannot coexist in the same brain.
                            When u listen to music it will gradually drive out the Quran from your mind.
                            And when you listen to the Quran regularly, you will start to dislike music.
                            And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

Originally posted by Vugar View Post
                              Music is not actually haram. I do not understand why people spread this misinformation about Islam.This is another reason what makes nonmuslims to escape from Islam. There are only some Haram types of music such as hard rock which make you behave aggressively . This belief came from the past where Arabians played music to dance girls but this does not mean listening to music is haram. There are some music which I listen frequently such as slow types which make me feel better and remember Allah. There is nothing wrong here.
                              The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).

https://islamqa.info/en/5000
                              Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X