Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about shirk and murder

‎السلام عليكم و رحمةالله و بركة
    Dear brother and sisters is islam, please enlighten me, I am confused in this question that i have been asking myself

Situation:
    Person 1 - He lived as a good person and his religion is Christian

Person 2 - He committed murder and his religion is Islam

In Islam it is said that the greatest sin is Shirk, which Person 1 has committed as he belonged to christianity. Person 2 took a life of someone he did not create, although he was a muslim all his life.

If shirk is the greatest sin and it is insulting to Allah, isn't murder also insulting to Allah as you took a life which He created?

I am aware that shirk is said to be the greatest sin but in this case, we can see that the muslim (person 2) who committed murder did not only hurt Allah but also the people related to the person he murdered. While the christian (person 1) did righteous deeds all his life but will he never be forgiven due to shirk?

1. How is this kind of muslim be forgiven while the christian committing shirk (unknowingly) but doing good deeds all his life become unforgivable?
    2. Will the christian still enter paradise?
    3. The muslim man shed blood unlawfully but there is a greater sin than this which is shirk, so is taking a life which Allah has created easier to forgive than forgiving someone who comitted shirk? Wouldn't it be similar to saying its okay to kill as long as you are muslim because you will be forgiven but never partner Allah with others even if you were good all your life because you will never be forgiven?

Re: Question about shirk and murder

Originally posted by skygrill View Post
    Dear brother and sisters is islam, please enlighten me, I am confused in this question that i have been asking myself

Situation:

In Islam it is said that the greatest sin is Shirk, which Person 1 has committed as he belonged to christianity. Person 2 took a life of someone he did not create, although he was a muslim all his life.

If shirk is the greatest sin and it is insulting to Allah, isn't murder also insulting to Allah as you took a life which He created?

I am aware that shirk is said to be the greatest sin but in this case, we can see that the muslim (person 2) who committed murder did not only hurt Allah but also the people related to the person he murdered. While the christian (person 1) did righteous deeds all his life but will he never be forgiven due to shirk?

1. How is this kind of muslim be forgiven while the christian committing shirk (unknowingly) but doing good deeds all his life become unforgivable?
    3. The muslim man shed blood unlawfully but there is a greater sin than this which is shirk, so is taking a life which Allah has created easier to forgive than forgiving someone who comitted shirk? Wouldn't it be similar to saying its okay to kill as long as you are muslim because you will be forgiven but never partner Allah with others even if you were good all your life because you will never be forgiven?
    He lived a Good person and his Religion is Christianity?

We had these false assumptions debunked by the Sheikh in the recent QA

A person who dies a Kaafir/Mushrik is a complete looser, they have not lived as a "Good person"

A Good person does not live a life of ingratitude to his Creator who gave him everything.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

A person who dies a Kaafir/Mushrik is a complete looser, they have not lived as a "Good person"

A Good person does not live a life of ingratitude to his Creator who gave him everything.

And who said the christian is ungrateful? He is grateful but he prays to allah through people of the book unknowingly committing shirk. So this makes the muslim murderer a better person than that christian who did righteous deeds? Lets say the christian has helped alot of people while the muslim did not, What if the christian did charities and every charity has a reward so every single thing he did is equal to zero because of shirk? this makes the muslim man a good person cause he acknowldge Allah as one yet he killed a life he did not create?
      Last edited by skygrill; 07-05-17, 12:31 PM.

Comment

You mentioned that Shirk is the greatest sin. That's the answer.

Murder is a major sin, however it doesn't take one out of the fold of Islaam.
        If following Aḥmad makes me a 'Wahhābī', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

So for example a non-muslim let's say saved you from being hit by a train, you'd still say in the end he is evil because he commits shirk.

--

@2nd answer, thank you, your second sentence answered my question, true it does not take someone out of Islam, and it is a greater sin to give credit for someone else rather than your original creator.

Comment

Originally posted by Abū ʿĪsa al-ʿAjamī View Post
            You mentioned that Shirk is the greatest sin. That's the answer.

Murder is a major sin, however it doesn't take one out of the fold of Islaam.
            Thank you, now it makes sense to me. I am a new muslim revert and this question i have been curious about has been bugging me. True it is a greater sin. As an example for me too, if i made something for someone and they do not credit me for it, but someone else would be unacceptable, i rather let them break what i made for them rather than acknowledge someone besides me

Comment

And who said the christian is ungrateful? He is grateful but he prays to allah through people of the book unknowingly committing shirk. So this makes the muslim murderer a better person than that christian who did righteous deeds? Lets say the christian has helped alot of people while the muslim did not, What if the christian did charities and every charity has a reward so every single thing he did is equal to zero because of shirk? this makes the muslim man a good person cause he acknowldge Allah as one yet he killed a life he did not create?
              Refused to obey his lord, associated partners with his lord, did not worship his lord in the manner he عز و جل prescribed,

Clearly the qualities of an ingrate,

If such an ingrate is a "good person" according to you then you need a serious reality check

Comment

First

The Mushrik will not be thrown into hell unless that Islam reached him then he refused it

These links will help you

The fate of kuffaar who did not hear the message of Islam

https://islamqa.info/en/1244

The Condition of People who Doesn’t Know About Islam

https://whatisquran.com/877-the-cond...out-islam.html

Second Muslim who murdered and killed innocent people will be tortured in hell

https://islamqa.info/en/182945
                Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
                )

Comment

A righteous Muslim never kills for no reason. Let's say he somehow did, he would probably repent and if he's sincere Allah could forgive him.

As for the Christian, he could go to heaven. There was this Jewish prostitute in Arabia who went to heaven because she was kind to animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
                    First

The Mushrik will not be thrown into hell unless that Islam reached him then he refused it

These links will help you

The fate of kuffaar who did not hear the message of Islam

https://islamqa.info/en/1244

The Condition of People who Doesn’t Know About Islam

https://whatisquran.com/877-the-cond...out-islam.html

Second Muslim who murdered and killed innocent people will be tortured in hell

https://islamqa.info/en/182945
                    Doesn't apply to Kuffar nowadays,

They all have Islam at their fingertips, unless your talking about some remote island cut of from civilisation,

Comment

Doesn't apply to Kuffar nowadays,

They all have Islam at their fingertips, unless your talking about some remote island cut of from civilisation,
                      No its applied specially nowadays because of the media

But Allah SWT only will going to judge them and He knows what we dont know about people
                      )

Comment

Refused to obey his lord, associated partners with his lord, did not worship his lord in the manner he عز و جل prescribed,

Clearly the qualities of an ingrate,

If such an ingrate is a "good person" according to you then you need a serious reality check
                        I forgot to add these Kuffar/Mushrikun who will be in Jahannam for Eternity, these are the same individuals who never repented to Allah عز و جل ,

Allah عز و جل says...

Surah Al-Bayyina, Ayah 6:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أُولَٰئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ

"Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Quran and Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures."

So the old they were "Good" people argument went down the drain when this Ayah was revealed,

They are the Worst of Creatures as Allah عز و جل says, that is the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
                          No its applied specially nowadays because of the media

But Allah SWT only will going to judge them and He knows what we dont know about people
                          We judge by the apparent,

It doesn't matter if the media gave them a twisted view, the problem is they heard about Islam and they never did their homework, they could not care less,

How many times must we witness the "Only God can judge" argument of the Christians regurgitated before Muslims will get it in their head that we judge by the apparent?

Comment

We judge by the apparent,

It doesn't matter if the media gave them a twisted view, the problem is they heard about Islam and they never did their homework, they could not care less,

How many times must we witness the "Only God can judge" argument of the Christians regurgitated before Muslims will get it in their head that we judge by the apparent?
                            Okay did I say that they are Muslims ?! Of course we are going to judge by what is appearing to us that they are Kuffars !

But im talking about day of judgment ,Allah SWT knows about them and what is in their heart !
                            )

Comment

Situation:

This is also another link

Will every Muslim enter Paradise, even if he was a hypocrite or did not pray or committed shirk?

https://islamqa.info/en/147996
                              )

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X