Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirk Thoughts Please Help

Asalaam mu alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

During the Jummah Khutbah i experienced a shirk thought for a moment and this caused great distress to me. I believe in Allah Swt and his Prophet Saw firmly. This thought just came in to my mind I straight away shunned it away. It has made my heart heavy and I am scared about committing such a major sin as shirk. I know these thoughts are Waswasa but i worry often and it is causing me a lot of grief. My heart is aching and i begged for Allah Swt mercy to remove these thoughts. It has been troubling me for over a day where i feel sad and depressed after every Salaah i sit and beg for Allah Swt to help even then at times these thoughts try to come in to my mind. I do not want to talk about these thoughts or say them but i often find sometimes the thoughts come close to forcing themselves on to my lips. This has happened to me before when I was younger and I have often suffered with Waswasa in my life however this time my heart feels extremely heavy and it hurts. I have read the Hadith of the Sahaba experiencing such thoughts and the Prophet Saw told them it is a sign of clear faith. I know Allah Swt is the all hearing and all seeing he knows what is in our hearts. I have started praying all of my Salaah but feel sad during the day and depressed. I am scared inside and fear Allah Swt. These thoughts I have no control over and when they come in to my mind I begin to worry constantly. If there is any advice anyone could give this is starting to affect my daily life. It is very difficult. Please make dua for me.

JazakAllah Khair

Re: Shirk Thoughts Please Help

Shirk thoughts can happen you need to repeat the kalima and remind yourself there is none worthy of worship except Allah. And you focus on remembering Allah One and Only.

It's shaytaan that messes with you especially when your imaan starts to increase.

Just remain firm- look at it this way, You can tell Allah on judgement day that you tried your best and continued praying even though shaytaan was attacking you.

There a 're a few things that actually help. Stop watching any films that have idol worship in there... That's anything. Don't wear Nike (goddess of victory) it's shirk and keep constant reminder of tauheed.

Also ask Allah to protect u from kufr and shirk

Walaikum salam warahmatullah
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

JazakAllah for your reply.

I believe firmly in the tawhid and constantly have been praying to Allah Swt. In Islam we are taught everything is based on intentions and my intentions are pure. My heart aches from this pain and I feel sad and depressed because of this. I fear Allah Swt greatly and worry about the day of Judgement which has made me scared.

I read that many Scholars say that I should rejoice in this as it a sign of imaan but the pain in my heart is unbearable. I spend day and night in dua but the pain in my heart is a lot.

I am a thinker and constantly have worry and anxiety on my mind.

My family is beginning to worry about me and see me depressed now. I do not want to tell them about this.

I'm trying to remain firm but I feel weak inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ibimir View Post

I believe firmly in the tawhid and constantly have been praying to Allah Swt. In Islam we are taught everything is based on intentions and my intentions are pure. My heart aches from this pain and I feel sad and depressed because of this. I fear Allah Swt greatly and worry about the day of Judgement which has made me scared.

I read that many Scholars say that I should rejoice in this as it a sign of imaan but the pain in my heart is unbearable. I spend day and night in dua but the pain in my heart is a lot.

My family is beginning to worry about me and see me depressed now. I do not want to tell them about this.

i am fighting this for 5 years myself...i keep doing shahada all the time and i close my eyes and make sure my heart is valid before i do shada. it is on going battle with me. i keep worryig am i going to fail in my deathbed? i feel like i am in middle between paradise and hellfire and standing on the thin thread tittling one way or another.
        Last edited by A500DaBest; 15-04-17, 08:45 PM.
        ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
        ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
        ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
        ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

Comment

Originally posted by A500DaBest View Post
          i am fighting this for 5 years myself...i keep doing shahada all the time and i close my eyes and make sure my heart is valid before i do shada. it is on going battle with me. i keep worryig am i going to fail in my deathbed? i feel like i am in middle between paradise and hellfire and standing on the thin thread tittling one way or another.
          One faqih is more formidable against shaytan than one thousand worshippers. Increase dhikrullah, especially at Fajr and maghrib. Perform the dhikr that protects th worshipper from shaytan, starting with reciting ayatul kursi after every prayer. Learn the fiqh knowledge of t Deen.
          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

You will overcome this feeling of weakness and anxiety over shirky thoughts and when you do, the wisswass will disappear, in shaa Allah
            One thing that keeps the shirk thoughts going is the worry you have.

Dont over think. Tell yourself firmly: I am a Muslim, the servant of ALLAH, I worship Allah alone, there is None worthy of worship except my Rabb... And think it firmly. Also when your mind begins to wonder and you can feel the shirky thoughts about to come just think this "Ahadhun-Ahadh, Ahadhun-Ahadh" (bilal RA used to say it) so when you focus on the onness of Allah the wisswass should in shaa Allah disappear

And always constantly remember the glory of Allah by looking at the creation that surrounds u; the stars, moon, sky, mountains, climate, weather, etc anything and everything... And realise the magnitude of your Rabb.
            Last edited by candyapple; 16-04-17, 03:15 AM.
            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

:wswrwb:

Brother, others can give you advice with knowledge on Islam Alhamdulillah but I was struck by your anxiety which I feel I can make some helpful comments on Alhamdulillah.

Whatever is causing these thoughts, worrying and stressing about them will make it so much worse. Try and deal with that worry by replacing each thought with trust and faith in the mercy and kindness of Allah (swt). Even if you have to make notes on your phone of ayah speaking of the great mercy of Allah (swt) and memorising those verses. Also gratitude can replace negative thoughts, being thankful and grateful immediately you start the cycle of negative thought pattern.

If it's difficult to hold alternative thoughts in your mind then don't feel silly if you have to resort to hard copy notes or even a Gratitude Journal that you write short sentences in.

Please don't think, I think you're ungrateful, I'm not thinking that at all. I'm thinking that when your mind is flooded with worry and doubt, you need to over ride that with truth and certainty. Cram as much time as you have with positive habits, positive people and things to read that encourage you.

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you and give you peace, ameen

Comment

I suffered from such thoughts in 2002. They swamped me. It reached the point where they made me feel like I did not believe.

I knew I believed. But the power of the thoughts was such that they convinced me that I did not believe.

I would ask how do I know if I believe? What is the proof?

I searched for evidence that pointed to the existence of Allaah all the time. I did it to silence the whispers.

A loved one told me you pray and do everything Allaah has said. That is evidence that you believe.

I found temporary solace in that.

However, the devil's onslaught was intense. It did not stop.

I battled the whispers for 6 months. Finally, they left.

My advice is to hang in there. Distract your mind when the whispers engulf you.

Remember, you do not sin unless you act on or talk about the evil thoughts.

And recite the following 100 times in the morning and the evening.

It will force the devil away from you.

I wish I had found this dhikr back then. I recite it every day now because

it keeps all evil whispers and the devil away.

لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "He who utters a hundred times in a day these words:
                'La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and
                His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),' he will have a reward equivalent to that for emancipating ten slaves,
                a hundred good deeds will be recorded to his credit, hundred of his sins will be blotted out from his scroll,
                and he will be safeguarded against the devil on that day till the evening; and no one will exceed him in
                doing more excellent good deeds except someone who has recited these words more often than him.
                And he who utters: 'Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi (Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)'
                one hundred times a day, his sins will be obliterated even if they are equal to the extent of the foam
                of the ocean."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
                Watch those eyes

Comment

Protection from shayateen at maghrib until Fajr, and Fajr until maghrib:

`Umarah bin Shabib As-Saba’i narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                  “Whoever says: none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone, without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him belongs the praise, He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things, (Lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-ḥamdu, yuḥyī wa yumītu, wa huwa `alā kulli shai’in qadīr)’ ten times at the end of Al-Maghrib - Allah shall send for him protectors to guard him from Shaitan until he reaches morning, and Allah writes for him ten good deeds, Mujibat, and He wipes from him ten of the destructive evil deeds, and it shall be for him the equal of freeing ten believing slaves.” (hasan Tirmidhi)
                  Last edited by Abu Kamel; 16-04-17, 10:01 AM.
                  Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                  " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
                    Protection from shayateen at maghrib until Fajr, and Fajr until maghrib:

`Umarah bin Shabib As-Saba’i narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                    “Whoever says: none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone, without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him belongs the praise, He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things, (Lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-ḥamdu, yuḥyī wa yumītu, wa huwa `alā kulli shai’in qadīr)’ ten times at the end of Al-Maghrib - Allah shall send for him protectors to guard him from Shaitan until he reaches morning, and Allah writes for him ten good deeds, Mujibat, and He wipes from him ten of the destructive evil deeds, and it shall be for him the equal of freeing ten believing slaves.” (hasan Tirmidhi)
                    Jazakallah Khair akhi and everyone else on this thread.
                    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to say, unless you've been diagnosed with chronic anxiety, which can mostly only be helped with physical exercise, good relaxation and things like joining a choir.

Comment

JazakAllah Khair everyone for the advice on this matter.

This has helped me put me at ease a bit. I am still anxious and scared but Alhamdulilah I feel like only good can come from this as Allah is the best of planners.

Despite all of this difficulties I have noticed that I have begun to read my Salaah more and have begun listening to more Quran.

I pray Allah will remove the whispers of the Shaytaan from our minds and hearts, makes us true muslims and grants us all a place in Janaah. Ameen

Comment

Asalaam mu alaikum brothers and sisters,

The thoughts have become less frequent however i had an episode where i got an overwhelming number of thoughts at one moment it go so bad that when i was making dua i mixed up my words which came out of shirk which i never intended. So scared of this I immediately asked for forgiveness and retracted from it.

What should i do I'm scared very scared. My heart aches a lot, I am following your advice but all of these thoughts have taken the happiness from my daily life.

Please give me some words of comfort and advice to move on from this im so worried.

JazakAllah khair for your patience and please make dua for me.

Comment

Asalaam mu alaikum brothers and sisters,

The thoughts have become less frequent however i had an episode where i got an overwhelming number of thoughts at one moment it go so bad that when i was making dua i mixed up my words which came out of shirk which i never intended. So scared of this I immediately asked for forgiveness and retracted from it.

What should i do I'm scared very scared. My heart aches a lot, I am following your advice but all of these thoughts have taken the happiness from my daily life.

Please give me some words of comfort and advice to move on from this im so worried.

JazakAllah khair for your patience and please make dua for me.
                            Everything you just faced above ^ is exactly what I am facing right to the dot @[email protected]!! However, starting today I am going to practice this
                            لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ and this Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi . I will keep practicing this for month until it becomes like breathing for me, then I will just utter it as I am breathing. Ones I do that, I want to add more thikr as well and practice it until it becomes like breathing...I want to practice it and become like breathing so much so that I would have to force myself not say it when I enter the washroom.
                            ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
                            ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
                            ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
                            ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

Comment

Originally posted by A500DaBest View Post
                              Everything you just faced above ^ is exactly what I am facing right to the dot @[email protected]!! However, starting today I am going to practice this
                              لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ and this Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi . I will keep practicing this for month until it becomes like breathing for me, then I will just utter it as I am breathing. Ones I do that, I want to add more thikr as well and practice it until it becomes like breathing...I want to practice it and become like breathing so much so that I would have to force myself not say it when I enter the washroom.
                              It has gotten to the point where I am telling myself I have no control over these intrusive thoughts and I am not acting on these thoughts. My intention is never to have these thoughts. That is why we as Muslims feel so afraid.

i often make dua and the thoughts attack me then and i pace about in my room feeling helpless and scared. It is like a cycle.

If we didn't care about our imaan we wouldn't be in this state of panic, fear and depression.

I wake up scared and worried often thinking about it.

Think of the Hadith where the prophet said do not speak of these thoughts and do not act on them.

Belief is in the heart the way we feel scared, anxious and worried shows we have imaan.

There is nothing we can do but be patient and endure this InshAllah we will get reward for this. As long as we do not give in.

The thoughts will fuel themselves as long as you dwell on it that's what I've learnt.

Think of like you have a shirk thought you hate it and never want to think of it again. As long as we don't act on it things should be okay.

What we need to accept is that this has happened to us but we must distinguish from what we believe and what is not in our control.

I pray that Allah helps us all get through this, removes these thoughts from our minds, gives us peace and grants us all Janaah. Ameen

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X