Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

Originally posted by Hebz View Post
    Insha'Allah you will find the brothers here very helpful.
    I just found your post very beautiful and heart warming.
    Every time I see someone coming to Islam it's a massive wake up call for me to see the blessings of Islam every time.

You may find things difficult as the start but slowly and with patients it will become easier.. I think your first step should be becoming a Muslim and everything else will fall into place.

May Allah Azzawajel make it easy for you
    thank you sis:). I just accepted Islam (after purifying my body).

yes it was a difficult decision, one day i have to tell my family members that i am a Muslim.

people here are very helpful and i am very thankful that this community is here to help me out when ever i need help.

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
      There was a female indian member here an year or so ago whose family was brahmin, and she told her family about her decision to convert. They put the screws on her, from what I remember.
      What did they do?
      "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
      - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

You didn't get the point. So let me put it in reverse.

If someone from a muslim family considers changing his religion, it's quite obvious that the family won't approve of it and will not accept his conversion.

But it's a good thing that hindus are still zealous, that means when they convert to Islam they will also defend Islam with the same zeal.
        Well thats not a good comparison since islam is the truth
        My parents didnt know i was a muslim the first year i was one and since the moment they came to know until now our relationship went sour, but i am muslim Alhamdulillah
        If i would have asked my mum can i be a muslim and waited for her permission i will die a kafir
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

There was a female indian member here an year or so ago whose family was brahmin, and she told her family about her decision to convert. They put the screws on her, from what I remember.
          that's bad, brahmins still accept conversation and maybe left converts on their own (excommunication), in my community converts usually gets killed or gets excommunicated by whole community.

can you give me link to her thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kshatriya View Post
            ye that's + point.
            My parents didnt know either
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

thank you sis:). I just accepted Islam (after purifying my body).

yes it was a difficult decision, one day i have to tell my family members that i am a Muslim.

people here are very helpful and i am very thankful that this community is here to help me out when ever i need help.
              It's probably better not to tell them while you live with them.
              "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
                What did they do?
                They put restrictions and i think also verbal abuse. I don't remember word for word.

Her username was fatima something............I lack brain neurones to dig up more info sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                  How does that work? Forbid someone from following a religion?
                  due to history of my caste. but i forgot that even mongols who saked Baghdad were accepted as fellow muslims. :)

Comment

My parents didnt know i was a muslim the first year i was one and since the moment they came to know until now our relationship went sour, but i am muslim Alhamdulillah
                    If i would have asked my mum can i be a muslim and waited for her permission i will die a kafir
                    Oh same here :/

Comment

Well hindus also think their religion is the truth, so the reaction will be same.

It's about the lack of acceptance from the community.

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
                        Oh same here :/
                        Unfortunately...

May Allah guide our parents Ameen

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

due to history of my caste. but i forgot that even mongols who saked Baghdad were accepted as fellow muslims. :)
                          No.

The mongols who sakced Baghdad- the Ilkhanate accepted Islam much later.

A part of the mongols called the Golden Horde were the first to accept Islam.

Comment

Speaking about history, there are even more amazing parts of islamic history.

No mention of islamic history can be complete without Khalid bn Walid's victory over the Byzantines where 25,000 muslims defeated an army of 140,000 romans.
                            he was a genius no doubt about it. very few armies were Abelto beat Romans in their own land.

Comment

Well hindus also think their religion is the truth, so the reaction will be same.

It's about the lack of acceptance from the community.
                              I know the reaction will be the same but in essence it means that fo him to deny islam bc mum and dad dont like it isnt justifyable since islam is truth

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

But who has the authority to forbid it

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                                X