Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Responding to family members insulting Muhammad (salallhu alayhi wasallam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responding to family members insulting Muhammad (salallhu alayhi wasallam)

Okay so a family member of mine who has many rights over me keeps insulting Rasoolullah and I don't know how to react. I understand it's necessary to defend him but I am not sure how to go about it because they have many rights over me.

When they do it, I respond but because I am angry, my voice becomes harsh and loud and I end up giving them dirty looks. I try to remind myself to speak gently and stop making faces but the more they insult, the more I speak and I become even more angry and it feels like I can't control myself. It's like I become immersed and I completely forget.

How do I react properly and what should I do when they start doing this?

They also said that they were going to preach an anti-Islam message so people don't get "brainwashed" like me. They've been insulting him a lot for the past week. What should I do in the future if they really become a propagator of Islamophobia?
    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 31-01-17, 07:02 AM.
    Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Re: Responding to family members insulting Muhammad (salallhu alayhi wasallam)

Well for starters, I would've said, "So they can be brainwashed like you instead?" lol.
    It can depend on how/what arguments they're making, I'm thinking the person is trying to make you angry, because why say those things to you in particular? Or are they just talking smack in a group or what?
    Secondly, if something is funny, laugh; they can't do Islam any harm, what are they gonna do? Put up a little wooden box at the town square, whip out a megaphone and be like "OMG YOU GUISE! GUISE!!! THERE'S THIS HORRIBLE DUDE OMG LISTEN TO HOW HORRIBLE HE IS!!" - as if people go around thinking about that enough to plan ahead "Hmm, I should go to the town square and listen to that weirdo freaking out". People don't dwell on Hitler though they think of him as the worst person ever, they don't go around thinking "Man I wanna strangle that Hitler dude so badly".
    Like they're gonna go to Steve from accounting monday morning and be like, "Hey Steve, Steve!! e_e psst, Steve!-.. yeah, hey, guess what... >=DDD" and Steve is gonna be like "Ohhh noo!! >:OOO Really!?!? Omg I hate Islam and muslims now" and the rest of 2017 is actively anti-islam-themed as far as Steve is concerned. That's not gonna happen, and it can be undone easily if the person isn't against Islam just for the heck of it like the person you're describing.
    Like when I hear someone threaten that they're going to do some "harm", In my head I hear a black dude going "Boy, you ain't finna dew nuthin'!" and I sorta have this "Yeah-right"-look on my face.

If they say they will propagate islamophobia, show how little you care by nodding a bit and then going about your day as usual.
    If they insult rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) and you want to know how to "combat" that, I'd need more details about how they do it. Is it like they just run up to you first thing in the morning and start ranting, or do they say it infront of others while you can hear?
    And what do you know about their beliefs? Are they Christians, Jews, atheists, Hindus or what are they? What do they believe? Are they one person who "uses" others as a shield by making them go on rants in unison with themselves against you?
    Just in general, how is it "structured"?
    Last edited by Thunderstorm; 31-01-17, 10:03 AM.
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
      Okay so a family member of mine who has many rights over me keeps insulting Rasoolullah and I don't know how to react. I understand it's necessary to defend him but I am not sure how to go about it because they have many rights over me.

When they do it, I respond but because I am angry, my voice becomes harsh and loud and I end up giving them dirty looks. I try to remind myself to speak gently and stop making faces but the more they insult, the more I speak and I become even more angry and it feels like I can't control myself. It's like I become immersed and I completely forget.

They also said that they were going to preach an anti-Islam message so people don't get "brainwashed" like me. They've been insulting him a lot for the past week. What should I do in the future if they really become a propagator of Islamophobia?
      :salams

Why is it necessary to defend the Prophet (saw)? Defending or not defending won't change what's been said. I would not try to defend a lion, a lion can defend itself. I am curious to know why sis?

Comment

Maybe it would be the best to ignore that person, considering he is your family member.

It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs.
        Last edited by muslim_warrior; 31-01-17, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          Well for starters, I would've said, "So they can be brainwashed like you instead?" lol.
          It can depend on how/what arguments they're making, I'm thinking the person is trying to make you angry, because why say those things to you in particular? Or are they just talking smack in a group or what?
          Secondly, if something is funny, laugh; they can't do Islam any harm, what are they gonna do? Put up a little wooden box at the town square, whip out a megaphone and be like "OMG YOU GUISE! GUISE!!! THERE'S THIS HORRIBLE DUDE OMG LISTEN TO HOW HORRIBLE HE IS!!" - as if people go around thinking about that enough to plan ahead "Hmm, I should go to the town square and listen to that weirdo freaking out". People don't dwell on Hitler though they think of him as the worst person ever, they don't go around thinking "Man I wanna strangle that Hitler dude so badly".
          Like they're gonna go to Steve from accounting monday morning and be like, "Hey Steve, Steve!! e_e psst, Steve!-.. yeah, hey, guess what... >=DDD" and Steve is gonna be like "Ohhh noo!! >:OOO Really!?!? Omg I hate Islam and muslims now" and the rest of 2017 is actively anti-islam-themed as far as Steve is concerned. That's not gonna happen, and it can be undone easily if the person isn't against Islam just for the heck of it like the person you're describing.
          Like when I hear someone threaten that they're going to do some "harm", In my head I hear a black dude going "Boy, you ain't finna dew nuthin'!" and I sorta have this "Yeah-right"-look on my face.

If they say they will propagate islamophobia, show how little you care by nodding a bit and then going about your day as usual.
          If they insult rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) and you want to know how to "combat" that, I'd need more details about how they do it. Is it like they just run up to you first thing in the morning and start ranting, or do they say it infront of others while you can hear?
          And what do you know about their beliefs? Are they Christians, Jews, atheists, Hindus or what are they? What do they believe? Are they one person who "uses" others as a shield by making them go on rants in unison with themselves against you?
          Just in general, how is it "structured"?
          Jazakallahu Kheir

They're Christian.

They'll come up to me whenever they feel like it and start ranting about Islam. They insult every aspect of this deen and more recently, they've been insulting Rasoolullah.

These arguments are very easy to refute but it drives me crazy. They came back to me after I made this thread and they continued insulting him. I asked them why they were doing this and they said it was to taunt me. They came back this morning to insult him again and I asked them why they were taunting me if they claim to care about me and they said they don't love me anymore and they weren't taunting me, they were challenging my beliefs. So you're right, they're just doing this to irritate me.
          Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

Why is it necessary to defend the Prophet (saw)? Defending or not defending won't change what's been said. I would not try to defend a lion, a lion can defend itself. I am curious to know why sis?
            Waaleikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

https://islamqa.info/en/14305

https://islamqa.info/en/86109

Comment

I don't know what to say sis, I didn't know this (new Muslim). I'm a little speechless to be honest.

Comment

I don't know what to say sis, I didn't know this (new Muslim). I'm a little speechless to be honest.
                About which part?

Comment

Deleted
                  Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 01-02-17, 12:07 AM.
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

:jkk: akhi

Comment

Ukthi imagine someone defamed a family member of yours,

Would you stand up and refute the filth or just tolerate it?

And you have your answer.

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                        :jkk: akhi
                        Wa iyyak.

I am a sister.

Comment

One sick Christian at work did, so I reminded him that Jesus according to his Bible is Dirty and a Worm in the sight of God All-mighty,

(Book of Job)

Suffice to say he didn't like it,

Lol

Comment

Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 01-02-17, 12:22 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                              Ukthi imagine someone defamed a family member of yours,

Would you stand up and refute the filth or just tolerate it?

And you have your answer.

:jkk:

I wouldn't jump in if a family member were being insulted. I would not give satisfaction to a fool. I would take the family member and walk away. Not out of fear but because to answer, would be a waste of time. Someone making abusive comments isn't going to listen to anything rational.

In fact, in my experience, it only fuels the situation to react.

Comment

Working...
                              X