Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Da'if hadith about music grows nifaq heart

Assalama alaikoum,

This hadith: "Singing makes hypocrisy to grow in the heart like water makes herbs grow." (Al-Baihaqi 10/223 and Abu Dawud no. 4927).

Lets assume this hadith is authentic. What is this hypocrisy that grows in the heart? What are the consequences of this hypocrisy that is growing in the heart and what will happen if somebody keeps listening to music and the hypocrisy is keeping growing in the heart. Will it reach some point that the 'maximum' of nifaq is reached in the heart'? And will happen than, do you than become a munafiq by just listening excessive music?

Re: a Da'if hadith about music grows nifaq heart

Originally posted by hatim1337 View Post
    Assalama alaikoum,

This hadith: "Singing makes hypocrisy to grow in the heart like water makes herbs grow." (Al-Baihaqi 10/223 and Abu Dawud no. 4927).

Lets assume this hadith is authentic. What is this hypocrisy that grows in the heart? What are the consequences of this hypocrisy that is growing in the heart and what will happen if somebody keeps listening to music and the hypocrisy is keeping growing in the heart. Will it reach some point that the 'maximum' of nifaq is reached in the heart'? And will happen than, do you than become a munafiq by just listening excessive music?
    This is what i found: The Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts says in Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 7, Pages 188-189 said about singing and music:
    It tempts heart, and it leads it to evil, taking it away from good, and causing people to waste their time. So because of this it falls under the general meaning of Lahwul-Hadeeth, it is the same for one singing and the one who listens to singing, all of them fall under the general category of purchasing Lahwul-Hadeeth and misleading others from the path of Allaah. So there is prohibition and a warning of a sever punishment for doing so.

This seems for me true, out of experience and also if we look at the enviroment. But how grave is the sin, of listening to music, is what I am wondering. And the description given by the committee seems as a simple correct but general answer about the sin of listening to music. But what is that nifaq that enters the heart? The munafiqen have the severest punishment in hell so nifaq isn't a small thing that enters the heart of somebody, so looking in that point of view makes me think that listening to music is not only a minor sin what some consider also not a major sin but a grave sin.

Comment

Working...
    X