No announcement yet.

Question regarding working for a company where there is a element of interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding working for a company where there is a element of interest

Nature of Company's Business: manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and security products and locks. (I.e. drill machines, screw drivers and etc.).

How does Company make money: Company sells tools to franchisees who then sells them to car mechanics in garages.

How Franchisees do transcations

Is there any Interest involved when franchisee is dealing with mechanics or customers?
    In UK there is no interest at all but in USA , franchisee can charge interest.

Eaxmple of Business Model:How to become a Franchisee
    • Self-Finance: Franchisee will get the maximum discount when he place an order
    • Bank Loan: Company will help franchisee to get 70% loan from the Bank but franchisee will get minimum discount when he place an order.

What will i be doing

Re: Question regarding working for a company where there is a element of interest

:wswrwb:

i'm no expert on this sort of thing but it seems to me you can work there

you wont be dealing with any interest at all and the company has a choice whether to deal in interest or not; what they do by their choice, you will not be to blame as you are not influencing any 'sinful' choice of theirs

also you have taken the necessary steps by telling the manager you will not be working with interest ... so basically you have done all you can and are yourself free from any interest involvement of the business

it is hard to find a business in the west that is totally free from haram, therefore if you cannot find a more definitive answer to this from a qualified scholar, i'd stick to the job if i was you

Comment

Comment

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/31828

Comment

Working...
        X