Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody explain this text?

Assalama alaikoum,

This text: 'If you want to talk to Allah, then pray salah. If you want Allah to talk to you, then read the Quran'.'

First of all does the above sentence have any basis and secondly, how to interpret this sentence, literally or figuratively etc? And if Allah (swt) would talk to you while you read quran than wouldn't Allah (swt) talk to you also in salah because in salah you also recite quran, so doesn't Allah (swt) talk to you in both situations: in salah and while reading quran?

Re: Can somebody explain this text?

Originally posted by hatim1337 View Post
    Assalama alaikoum,

This text: 'If you want to talk to Allah, then pray salah. If you want Allah to talk to you, then read the Quran'.'

First of all does the above sentence have any basis and secondly, how to interpret this sentence, literally or figuratively etc? And if Allah (swt) would talk to you while you read quran than wouldn't Allah (swt) talk to you also in salah because in salah you also recite quran, so doesn't Allah (swt) talk to you in both situations: in salah and while reading quran?
    You talk to Him, and He talks to you all the time.
    All you need, is to open your heart.
    And listen from there.
    My heart has secrets to tell you.. I'll tell you with my eyes..
    http://lost-inthecall.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luqman-haqq View Post
      You talk to Him, and He talks to you all the time.
      All you need, is to open your heart.
      And listen from there.
      You're right, but that is general and the question is if the above statement has any basis and how to interpret the statement?

Comment

Assalama alaikoum,

I can't find any valid source of this quote. It sounds like one of those Internet quotes that people keep sharing until they think it's holy (major danger of the Internet/hearsay). Of course, I could be wrong so I won't say more about it, but unless there is evidence of it being from a reliable source, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. You're better off spending your time on real Islamic texts. Here's a relevant one: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-you-and-Allah (I was searching for that on Google and ended up back in the forum!).

Comment

You're right, but that is general and the question is if the above statement has any basis and how to interpret the statement?
          The quote is something very generic and you may replace the word salah and ' read quran' with any other words or things and it will still make sense and hold true.

It's based on your own level of understanding. There's no right or wrong to interpret that quote.
          My heart has secrets to tell you.. I'll tell you with my eyes..
          http://lost-inthecall.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luqman-haqq View Post
            The quote is something very generic and you may replace the word salah and ' read quran' with any other words or things and it will still make sense and hold true.

It's based on your own level of understanding. There's no right or wrong to interpret that quote.
            It can be generic but it can also have a meaning and that is what I try to find out

Comment

Originally posted by zitoun View Post
              I can't find any valid source of this quote. It sounds like one of those Internet quotes that people keep sharing until they think it's holy (major danger of the Internet/hearsay). Of course, I could be wrong so I won't say more about it, but unless there is evidence of it being from a reliable source, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. You're better off spending your time on real Islamic texts. Here's a relevant one: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-you-and-Allah (I was searching for that on Google and ended up back in the forum!).
              Maybe it has a meaning.

Comment

Assalama alaikoum,

As to how to interpret this I think it's quite obvious.
                In salah you are speaking to Allah , are you not? Who is the salah directed to? Who are you praising? Also you can make dua in ruku and sajdah.

The Quran is KalamAllah. It is the speech of Allah swt and he is talking in the first person. It's not an autobiography of the life and times of the prophet(saws) as the gospels are of to jesus(as). So yes Allah is talking .. to you , in that sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                  As to how to interpret this I think it's quite obvious.
                  In salah you are speaking to Allah , are you not? Who is the salah directed to? Who are you praising? Also you can make dua in ruku and sajdah.

The Quran is KalamAllah. It is the speech of Allah swt and he is talking in the first person. It's not an autobiography of the life and times of the prophet(saws) as the gospels are of to jesus(as). So yes Allah is talking .. to you , in that sense.
                  You're right in that sense, but in salah you can say Allah (swt) is also talking to you, because you read also quran in salah, surah al fatiha and other surahs. So than the meaning is like in salah you talk to Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) also talks to you and when you read quran only Allah (swt) talks to you. That is why I asked how to interpret the tekst because I was of opinion in salah you also recite quran so in that sense Allah (swt) would also talk to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X