Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol, prayers & good deeds.

Hi,

I like to drink but in the same time I would like to pray and do good deeds. I'm not a bad person, I do a lot of good things.

Also, I wanna do grateful prayers after each prayer to thank god for everything he gave me.

My question is that if I pray the grateful prayers and do good deeds. Will god accept them? I know that prayers rewards won't be given but at least do god accept them or accept the grateful prayer and give me more good things since I thank him? or at least does he accept the good deeds that I do for other people, and give me rewards for it?

When I wish something from Allah too, does he makes it true even tho I'm a sinner?

Thank you.

Re: Alcohol, prayers & good deeds.

Salamualaikum brother !
    Also, I wanna do grateful prayers after each prayer to thank god for everything he gave me.
    It's great to do good deeds thanking Allah for His great and numerous blessings upon us .. but the best way to thank Him is to obey Him .. and being patient by not doing Haram (wine) is as vital to you as doing wajib (prayer) ..

My question is that if I pray the grateful prayers and do good deeds. Will god accept them?
    Yes if you are muslim and perform prayer .. but brother I am afraid , you cannot take parts of islam and leave other parts .. repent from your heart :
    1- decide to stop drinking wine ( good intention for the sake of Allah)
    2- regret doing it (past)
    3-stop drinking it (present )
    4- be strong-willed to never drink it again

If -May Allah forbid it- you fall into this again .. repent again and start afresh .. try to keep up a good company.
    I know that prayers rewards won't be given but at least do god accept them or accept the grateful prayer and give me more good things since I thank him? or at least does he accept the good deeds that I do for other people, and give me rewards for it?
    brother , Allah Subhaanahu wa taaalaa is Most Clement Most Merciful Most Bounteous .. He will accept by His Grace the good deeds you do for His sake seeking His satisfaction .. but one important thing to consider : one of the worst stumbling blocks along the road are : sins specially the Major Sins (drinking wine is one of them) .. sins prevent our prayers from being accepted.

When I wish something from Allah too, does he makes it true even tho I'm a sinner?
    When we sin and follow that with a sincere repentence (with the 4 aforementioned conditions) , Allah SWT shall accept our repentence and as a result shall accept our imploration ..
    Brother , muslims repent not only when they sin .. but daily , before going to bed .. even in the end of each of our five prayers we say : Astaghfirullaah ( = I repent to God ) three times) .. there is always some sin in there .. big or small .. shortcomings everywhere .. in prayers , in social dealings .. so we constantly ask Allah for forgiveness .. it's part of our life .. but a muslim never lose hope.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thadon69 View Post
        Hi,

I like to drink but in the same time I would like to pray and do good deeds. I'm not a bad person, I do a lot of good things.

My question is that if I pray the grateful prayers and do good deeds. Will god accept them? I know that prayers rewards won't be given but at least do god accept them or accept the grateful prayer and give me more good things since I thank him? or at least does he accept the good deeds that I do for other people, and give me rewards for it?

Thank you.
        Bismillah

Brother, alcohol causes your prayer to not be accepted for 40 days (this doesn't mean you don't pray for forty days, this just means you won't get good deeds UNLESS you repent and Allah SWT chooses to forgive you and give you those deeds, if you don't pray, you are committing the major sin and not following the essentials, or pillar of our religion).

Brother you transgressing is no laughing matter or light matter to take. You are openly saying "I know the rules you have set on us ya Allah, but I am going to go against them and follow my whims". Why do you drink alcohol? To ease your pain? To make you feel relaxed? You know why alcohol is so evil? Because it makes you feel no pain, it makes you forget about your Lord and your hereafter. Why is pain good? Because it brings us closer to Allah SWT, makes us make duaa, it makes us hate this world so we look forward to the hereafter, to see the deception this life truly is and how this is not our home.

Repent while you can, and fill your time with positive and construction matters. May Allah SWT help you with this problem.

Comment

Drinking alcohol is a sin , but you still remain a Muslim , if you consider having alcohol as halal , then its kufr.

Our good and bad deeds would be weighed on day of judgement. The result will depend on what out weighs the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
            Bismillah

Brother, alcohol causes your prayer to not be accepted for 40 days (this doesn't mean you don't pray for forty days, this just means you won't get good deeds UNLESS you repent and Allah SWT chooses to forgive you and give you those deeds, if you don't pray, you are committing the major sin and not following the essentials, or pillar of our religion).

Brother you transgressing is no laughing matter or light matter to take. You are openly saying "I know the rules you have set on us ya Allah, but I am going to go against them and follow my whims". Why do you drink alcohol? To ease your pain? To make you feel relaxed? You know why alcohol is so evil? Because it makes you feel no pain, it makes you forget about your Lord and your hereafter. Why is pain good? Because it brings us closer to Allah SWT, makes us make duaa, it makes us hate this world so we look forward to the hereafter, to see the deception this life truly is and how this is not our home.

Repent while you can, and fill your time with positive and construction matters. May Allah SWT help you with this problem.
            Is only for good deeds in prayer, or all good deeds? This is a question for people that want an answer.

Comment

Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
              )

Comment

Brother you have to leave the sin that is drinking alcohol and start doing ur ibadah whih is salah and good deeds, its almost ramadan so u need to start right now,

Think of it, what do you achieve by drinking
                Vs.
                what do you achieve by praying and obeying your lord?
                يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by leelee11 View Post
                  Is only for good deeds in prayer, or all good deeds? This is a question for people that want an answer.
                  The fact that his prayers are not accepted does not mean that they are not valid, or that he should give up praying, rather it means that he will not be rewarded for them.

So the benefit of praying will be that he will have discharged his duty and will not be punished for not doing it. ("With regard to his prayer not being accepted, what this means is that he will not be rewarded for it, even though it is valid in the sense that he has discharged his duty and does not need to repeat it.")

So no doubt the person who drinks alcohol still has to perform the prayers on time. If he were to delay any of his prayers, he would be committing a grave major sin, which is worse than the sin of drinking alcohol.

Quoted from Islamqa.com
                  Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
                  )

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
                    The fact that his prayers are not accepted does not mean that they are not valid, or that he should give up praying, rather it means that he will not be rewarded for them.

So the benefit of praying will be that he will have discharged his duty and will not be punished for not doing it. ("With regard to his prayer not being accepted, what this means is that he will not be rewarded for it, even though it is valid in the sense that he has discharged his duty and does not need to repeat it.")

So no doubt the person who drinks alcohol still has to perform the prayers on time. If he were to delay any of his prayers, he would be committing a grave major sin, which is worse than the sin of drinking alcohol.

Quoted from Islamqa.com
                    Thank you sister. Wallah this answer is good. May Allah reward you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X