• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morose
    started a topic RE Mu'awiyah and 'Ali

RE Mu'awiyah and 'Ali

:salams

Is it the correct view that neither (may Allah be pleased with them) actually intended war with each other, but rather were just "threatening" each other?
    Because Mu'awiyah :RA: wished to avenge the murder of 'Uthman :RA: whilst 'Ali :RA: disagreed... However, they were not opposed to each other in that sense of being enemies? Rather, it was their respective followers who created all the trouble...?

Also, can somebody direct me to a reliable source where I might read about the true history of it all in detail. I don't want the common facts, I would like details in every aspect.

:jkk:

• ibzy
    replied
    Re: RE Mu'awiyah and 'Ali

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
    I'm listening to this now. It's really good. :jkk:
    Nice one bro!

Anytime.

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
    Yeah it's long, but he really gives you a detailed description of what happened, why it happened, and who was the main culprit.
    I'm listening to this now. It's really good. :jkk:

Leave a comment:

• ibzy
    replied

I listened to the first bit, seems like something I could listen to. But 6 parts consisting of 1 hour and 20 minutes?
    Yeah it's long, but he really gives you a detailed description of what happened, why it happened, and who was the main culprit.

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

I listened to the first bit, seems like something I could listen to. But 6 parts consisting of 1 hour and 20 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• ibzy
    replied

Link please. And :jkk: but I would prefer to read so is there a transcript of it or some other alternative? Still, the link will do well too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgd9...&feature=share

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
    Kamal el makki - the fitnah. Amazing lecture on the whole thing. He goes into proper detail about it all
    Link please. And :jkk: but I would prefer to read so is there a transcript of it or some other alternative? Still, the link will do well too.

Leave a comment:

• ibzy
    replied

Kamal el makki - the fitnah. Amazing lecture on the whole thing. He goes into proper detail about it all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X