Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Mu'awiyah and 'Ali

:salams

Is it the correct view that neither (may Allah be pleased with them) actually intended war with each other, but rather were just "threatening" each other?
    Because Mu'awiyah :RA: wished to avenge the murder of 'Uthman :RA: whilst 'Ali :RA: disagreed... However, they were not opposed to each other in that sense of being enemies? Rather, it was their respective followers who created all the trouble...?

Also, can somebody direct me to a reliable source where I might read about the true history of it all in detail. I don't want the common facts, I would like details in every aspect.

:jkk:

Re: RE Mu'awiyah and 'Ali

Kamal el makki - the fitnah. Amazing lecture on the whole thing. He goes into proper detail about it all
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      Kamal el makki - the fitnah. Amazing lecture on the whole thing. He goes into proper detail about it all
      Link please. And :jkk: but I would prefer to read so is there a transcript of it or some other alternative? Still, the link will do well too.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
        Link please. And :jkk: but I would prefer to read so is there a transcript of it or some other alternative? Still, the link will do well too.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgd9...&feature=share

Comment

I listened to the first bit, seems like something I could listen to. But 6 parts consisting of 1 hour and 20 minutes?

Comment

I listened to the first bit, seems like something I could listen to. But 6 parts consisting of 1 hour and 20 minutes?
            Yeah it's long, but he really gives you a detailed description of what happened, why it happened, and who was the main culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
              Yeah it's long, but he really gives you a detailed description of what happened, why it happened, and who was the main culprit.
              I'm listening to this now. It's really good. :jkk:

Comment

I'm listening to this now. It's really good. :jkk:
                Nice one bro!

Anytime.

Comment

Working...
                X