Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did so many of the children of the Prophet, peace be upon him, die?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did so many of the children of the Prophet, peace be upon him, die?

Assalam alaykum
    I'm basically copy-pasting a question I received on my blog today so please bear with me and help a person maybe open up to guidance to Islam:

why did the prophet's (peace and blessing be upon him*) children die? all his sons died and a daughter or two in his lifetime. why did God (exalted and glorified*) allow them to die? and pls don't say "it was God's will," bc I want an explanation, like to teach humbleness or a moral lesson or something. thanks.

I don't know how to answer past "it was God's will." I know this is probably the wrong section, but I feel I'm questioning the Islamic perspective on tragedies that struck the Prophet.

*= I added these, the question did not originally have them.

Re: Why did so many of the children of the Prophet, peace be upon him, die?

all the male children of Prophet [saw] died; this is because people in ancient times used to take the children of prophets as Prophets too so it was to prevent such a thing happening

daughters died as basically, their time was up!
    Last edited by Jannahseeker,; 13-08-16, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Wa alaikum assalam,

If there was a lesson to be learned from this or if it was important for our guidance, it would have been mentioned in the Quran.

Comment

Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
        Assalam alaykum and pls don't say "it was God's will," bc I want an explanation
        I recommend this person to put faith in All‚h because there are things in life only All‚h knows which he/she will never know. So humble yourself in shaa All‚h.

It was by the will of All‚h. To a person of intellect this answer should be sufficient to this specific question.

And if anyone claims that they know that it was for "this specific reason .." they must be able to provide evidence if asked.
        Since I do not know the answer - as I am a simple layman myself - I suffice myself with saying that it was by the will of All‚h.

One can still see wisdom in it.

For example, how did the Prophet (sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam) deal with the loss of his children? Verily, he was the best in dealing with it.
        He never lost faith in All‚h and he always had patience.
        In that is a lesson for everyone who goes through the same thing in this life.

If you lose your children in this life - learn from the Prophet sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam - because you can learn how to deal with it in a way that benefits you.
        And you can feel that you are not alone when you know that the best man who ever lived on this earth went through the same thing as you.
        Because we can all agree universally that losing your children early in life is one of the toughest things a human being can go through in this life - so we look to the Prophet - sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam - in how he dealt with it.

Through his trials - sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam - we learn and that is a great benefit to all of us and that is one of the reasons why we love him so much - sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam.
        We learn from him in all aspects of life, in times of happyness and intimes sadness and to that we as muslims say alhamdulill‚h!
        Last edited by {Muslim}; 13-08-16, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by {Muslim} View Post
          I recommend this person to put faith in All‚h because there are things in life only All‚h knows which he/she will never know. So humble yourself in shaa All‚h.

It was by the will of All‚h. To a person of intellect this answer should be sufficient to this specific question.

And if anyone claims that they know that it was for "this specific reason .." they must be able to provide evidence if asked.
          Since I do not know the answer - as I am a simple layman myself - I suffice myself with saying that it was by the will of All‚h.

For example, how did the Prophet (sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam) deal with the loss of his children? Verily, he was the best in dealing with it.

If you lose your children in this life - learn from the Prophet sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam - because you can learn how to deal with it in a way that benefits you.
          And you can feel that you are not alone when you know that the best man who ever lived on this earth went through the same thing as you.
          Because we can all agree universally that losing your children early in life is one of the toughest things a human being can go through in this life - so we look to the Prophet - sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam - in how he dealt with it.

Through his trials - sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam - we learn and that is a great benefit to all of us and that is one of the reasons why we love him so much - sall‚ All‚hu alayhi wa sallam.
          We learn from him in all aspects of life, in times of happyness and intimes sadness and to that we as muslims say alhamdulill‚h!
          Hi muslim

my evidence comes from taqlid, i.e, following of the trustworthy scholars; this is the ahlus sunnah way and only the salafi's reject this

a great Scholar mentioned it in one of his talks [Imam Tafajul Haq]

Comment

Originally posted by Jannahseeker, View Post
            Hi muslim

my evidence comes from taqlid, i.e, following of the trustworthy scholars; this is the ahlus sunnah way and only the salafi's reject this

Taqleed isn't about following anonymous users on the internet. So yeah, some evidence is required.

You said it was mentioned in a talk so provide details.

Comment

Originally posted by {Muslim} View Post

Hi muslim

Who defined taqleed as you did?
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                Who defined taqleed as you did?
                :salams

ďThe definition of taqleedóas mentioned by Ibn al-Subki and othersóis to act on someone elseís position without knowledge of his evidence Ö Jalal al-Mahalli said in his commentary on this definition:

ĎHis saying without knowledge of his evidence excludes acting on his position with knowledge of his evidence, for this would constitute an ijtihad that agrees with the ijtihad of the one he is following, since only a mujtahid can know the evidence because its knowledge is dependent on knowing that it is unblemished by contrary evidences. This is based on the position that it is obligatory on him to investigate [h: the evidence], which is dependent on complete knowledge of all the evidences, and no one is able to do this except a mujtahid.í

http://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33456

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                  Taqleed isn't about following anonymous users on the internet. So yeah, some evidence is required.

You said it was mentioned in a talk so provide details.
                  bro see my reply to link; 'evidences' dont apply to laymen; thought you was a sunni hanafi now so how comes your still insisting on evidences like wahhabis? :D:D

Comment

bro see my reply to link; 'evidences' dont apply to laymen; thought you was a sunni hanafi now so how comes your still insisting on evidences like wahhabis? :D:D
                    The Hanafi madhab is based on evidences.

You say evidence don't apply to laymen but that is wrong. Everyone has the right to ask for evidence for an opinion - especially when that opinion comes from an anonymous user i.e. you.

I'm not sure which madhab you follow, but no Hanafi scholar I know would allow taking deen from random people on the internet who could be anyone.

Comment

While Taqleed may apply to ahkam regarding actions (Shariah), Taqleed in matters of Aqidah is not permissible. Death and the wisdom/hikma surrounding death is part of the Qadr of Allah.

Ibn Abdul Barr (d.463) and others have said,
                      ďthe people are united in ijmaa that the muqallid is not counted as being from the Ahlul Ilm, and that knowledge is the realisation of guidance along with itís proof.Ē

Ibn al-Qayyim said,
                      Ē And it is as Abu Umar (ibn Abdul Barr) said: Indeed, the people do not differ about the fact that knowledge is the realisation attained from proof, but without proof, it is only taqleed.Ē

Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

how will 'more detail' change anything?? I'll still be the anonymous user :D

Well anyway here's a chance to take my mind back to the 'good ole days' ;)

It was a cool summer night; ramadan after isha, me and my friend set off for 'noya sorok masjid' in the beutiful town of sylhet; the great maulana mufti tofojul haq was there giving a speech!!!; ooh too good to miss!

We went by rickshaw enjoying the cool summer breeze .. We sat on the stone floor of the masjid and looked up at the wali-Allahs' shining face trying to capture each and every word that flowed out from his mouth like nectar and then he cracked a wicked joke; what a sense of humuor he has! :up:; he said, them stupid ignoramuses in indian subcontinent, they take a peers son as peer too dont they???, the enthralled audience laughed and nodded in agreement, well the same idiots in all generation would have taken the Prophet's sons as prophets too, he said giving the reason why the Prophet saw's sons died :(

Aaah those were the days, me and my mate chillin! ;)

Comment

how will 'more detail' change anything??

the same idiots in all generation would have taken the Prophet's sons as prophets too, he said giving the reason why the Prophet saw's sons died :(...
                          Right, so did the mufti reach this opinion through his own research and understanding, or does he have a predecessor? Nothing really wrong in itself with the former, but if it's just an opinion then it's not an issue where taqleed is necessary. You can simply say these are the mufti's thoughts on the subject, and, as interesting as they may be, they can be accepted or rejected.

That wasn't so hard was it...

Comment

There is a narration where the Prophet :saw: has stated that when his son Abdullah died, if he had still been alive after him :saw: , then he would have been a Prophet but since he is the last Messenger, that is why....

Also there does not have to be a reason for everything. People die because it was there time to die.
                            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
                            X