Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

    Originally posted by Fifi01 View Post
    If Allah has willed it, then has he also willed it for me to now embrace Islam?
    Yes!
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

      I hope you're not a troll lol sorry we have had so many trolls it is just unbelievable.

      but don't worry we will help you and support you. Ask whatever you like
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

      So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

        Originally posted by Kiro View Post
        Allah has willed it!
        If Allah has willed it, has he willed it for me to now embrace Islam?

        This man has directly shown me the beauty of Islam by his behaviour, good character and conduct.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

          No I'm not a troll!

          I've just collected a lot of food from work colleagues/family for the Syrian refugees to hopefully reach them in time for Ramadan, I'm not sure trolls would go to that much effort!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

            Originally posted by Fifi01 View Post
            No I'm not a troll!

            I've just collected a lot of food from work colleagues/family for the Syrian refugees to hopefully reach them in time for Ramadan, I'm not sure trolls would go to that much effort!
            lol i'm sorry sister, forgive me

            So, are you comfortable with becoming a muslim? muslims have to pray five times a day, give charity, perform hajj if they have the means to do so, fast during the time of Ramadan.

            Both men and women should be modest in appearance, action and speech. As women we cover ourselves. Muslims eat all things clean and halal. Treat your parents and relatives with kindness. Speak the truth. We should be fair in our dealings which includes things like trade, money. If someone has accidentally given you a pound extra at the till, you make sure you give it back because it is rightfully theirs!

            There is more lol
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

              Originally posted by Fifi01 View Post
              If Allah has willed it, has he willed it for me to now embrace Islam?

              This man has directly shown me the beauty of Islam by his behaviour, good character and conduct.
              You became Muslim? Do you really believe there is a creator. Remember to be rational.
              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

              Ephemeral reader

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

                Originally posted by Fifi01 View Post
                Hi

                I'm new to this forum and what brought me here is I want to seek knowledge as to why my male Muslim colleague does strange things with his eyes when we talk to each other. He's a doctor and I'm his secretary.

                When we speak to each other he never makes direct eye contact. When we converse it's as if he is talking to my forehead or he might direct his eyes over my shoulder. I find this a little unnerving as it's very subtle but for me very strange. He's talking to me but not looking at me. Trouble is this makes me look at his eyes even more to see where they are looking at.

                I wanted to ask him myself why he does this, but have never managed to build up the confidence to do that, and wouldn't want to make him feel awkward as he's a practising Muslim, hence coming here. I'm Christian btw.

                I really hope this isn't a silly question!
                Hi,

                This is the way for devout Muslims to speak to other women except their wife, sisters, aunts, daughters,nieces etc . Its better for the Piety to do this even though there is no lust in their hearts since Allah says not to go EVEN NEAR to Zina, and avoiding eye contact with other than those above women (Maghram) is avoiding EVEN GOING NEAR to the Zina through eyes.


                Noble quran 17:32 '' And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse....................................... ''
                Last edited by talibilm09; 02-05-16, 11:43 AM.
                My sect - No Sect

                My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

                Just a Muslim

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

                  Originally posted by Fifi01 View Post
                  Hi

                  I'm new to this forum and what brought me here is I want to seek knowledge as to why my male Muslim colleague does strange things with his eyes when we talk to each other. He's a doctor and I'm his secretary.

                  When we speak to each other he never makes direct eye contact. When we converse it's as if he is talking to my forehead or he might direct his eyes over my shoulder. I find this a little unnerving as it's very subtle but for me very strange. He's talking to me but not looking at me. Trouble is this makes me look at his eyes even more to see where they are looking at.

                  I wanted to ask him myself why he does this, but have never managed to build up the confidence to do that, and wouldn't want to make him feel awkward as he's a practising Muslim, hence coming here. I'm Christian btw.

                  I really hope this isn't a silly question!
                  Good man.

                  Reminds me of my physics teacher.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

                    Originally posted by Fifi01 View Post
                    Hi

                    I'm new to this forum and what brought me here is I want to seek knowledge as to why my male Muslim colleague does strange things with his eyes when we talk to each other. He's a doctor and I'm his secretary.

                    When we speak to each other he never makes direct eye contact. When we converse it's as if he is talking to my forehead or he might direct his eyes over my shoulder. I find this a little unnerving as it's very subtle but for me very strange. He's talking to me but not looking at me. Trouble is this makes me look at his eyes even more to see where they are looking at.

                    I wanted to ask him myself why he does this, but have never managed to build up the confidence to do that, and wouldn't want to make him feel awkward as he's a practising Muslim, hence coming here. I'm Christian btw.

                    I really hope this isn't a silly question!
                    muslim males are not supposed to look at non-mahram women [i.e, women who biologically they can marry; the 'mahram' women are, mum sister aunt etc etc] in order not to be attracted towards them or not to look at them with lust and lust can be subtle; one look even without intention of lust can turn into lust, i.e, the male finds himself deriving pleasure from the look [what will be called in the west as looking at 'eye candy'] and as the eyes of a female posseses beuty, and the focal point of looking at a womens face would be her eyes, thus not looking at the eyes is averting lust plus it's sort of like not looking at her [ as much as possible in the circumstances ]

                    hope that's clear :)

                    ps: you can take that as a sign of him being a truly pious man at heart! ;)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

                      Originally posted by AbdullahiG View Post
                      muslim males are not supposed to look at non-mahram women [i.e, women who biologically they can marry; the 'mahram' women are, mum sister aunt etc etc] in order not to be attracted towards them or not to look at them with lust and lust can be subtle; one look even without intention of lust can turn into lust, i.e, the male finds himself deriving pleasure from the look [what will be called in the west as looking at 'eye candy'] and as the eyes of a female posseses beuty, and the focal point of looking at a womens face would be her eyes, thus not looking at the eyes is averting lust plus it's sort of like not looking at her [ as much as possible in the circumstances ]

                      hope that's clear :)

                      ps: you can take that as a sign of him being a truly pious man at heart! ;)

                      Thank you so much for all your replies. It is clear and this has really touched me. I am now avoiding looking at his face when I talk to him. Now we talk without looking at each other. I just keep me eyes averted to the floor or down at my desk. I respect this man and will do whatever I can to make it easier for him. He's truly compassionate and makes me want to be a better person.

                      I've bought some books to learn more about Islam and tried to contact a local mosque, but they haven't responded to my email which I was a little disappointed about. I'm not sure what I can do about that. I don't know any sisters. I am being guided along this path and am eager to learn more.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Eye contact between colleagues - or not......

                        Originally posted by Fifi01 View Post
                        Thank you so much for all your replies. It is clear and this has really touched me. I am now avoiding looking at his face when I talk to him. Now we talk without looking at each other. I just keep me eyes averted to the floor or down at my desk. I respect this man and will do whatever I can to make it easier for him. He's truly compassionate and makes me want to be a better person.

                        I've bought some books to learn more about Islam and tried to contact a local mosque, but they haven't responded to my email which I was a little disappointed about. I'm not sure what I can do about that. I don't know any sisters. I am being guided along this path and am eager to learn more.
                        You can always visit a mosque.
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                        "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X