Belief in Imam Mahdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

So there are hadiths about Jesus, son of Mary descending, there are hadiths about him being from the ummah, there are hadiths of Imam Mahdi being the leader at that time and there are hadith stating that there is no Mahdi other than Jesus.

So how do you reconcile?

Comment

Originally posted by hanz View Post
      So there are hadiths about Jesus, son of Mary descending, there are hadiths about him being from the ummah, there are hadiths of Imam Mahdi being the leader at that time and there are hadith stating that there is no Mahdi other than Jesus.

So how do you reconcile?
      I dunno which translation you've been reading but none of them make any claim that distinguished between them or even suggest they are different people.

All narrations are clear as it is ISA Ibn Maryam.

The no Mahdi but ISA narration is weak, it cannot be used as evidence against stronger narrations which say otherwise.
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

check these out ... about Mahdi [as]:

It is reported from Abu Hurayra(RA) that the Prophet(SAW) said:

What will be your reaction when the son of Mary (Jesus) descends and your Imam is from among yourselves?
        (Sahih Muslim, bab nuzul 'isa, Vol. 2; Sahih Bukhari, kitab bad' al-khalq wa nuzul 'isa, Vol. 4)

The holy Prophet(SAW) said:

What would be your situation if the Son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends upon you and your Imam is from among you?
        (Bukhari, kitabul-Anbiya, Chapter Nuzul Isa bin Maryam)

The holy Prophet(SAW) said:

A group of my Ummah will fight for the truth until near the day of judgment when Jesus, the son of Marry, will descend, and the leader of them will ask him to lead the prayer, but Jesus declines, saying: "No, Verily, among you Allah has made leaders for others and He has bestowed his bounty upon them.
        (Sahih Muslim)

http://www.irshad.org/islam/prophecy/mahdi.htm

Comment

There is another hadith which states that Isa ibn mariam will be from among ourselves:

Abu Hureirah (ra) narrates Rasoolullah (sas) said : what will be your condition when son of mary will descend among you and he will be your Imam from among you?

(Sahih muslim, kitab al imann, vol 1, page 136)
          My brother it seems your translation is wrong.

It is reported from Abu Hurayra (RA) that the Prophet (SAW) said:

What will be your reaction when the son of Mary (Jesus) descends and your Imam is from among yourselves? (Sahih Muslim, bab nuzul 'isa, Vol. 2; Sahih Bukhari, kitab bad' al-khalq wa nuzul 'isa, Vol. 4)

The holy Prophet (SAW) said:

What would be your situation if the Son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends upon you and your Imam is from among you? (Bukhari, kitabul-Anbiya, Chapter Nuzul Isa bin Maryam)

What I understand is that this hadith is referring to Mahdi as the imam among Muslims.
          But your translation says that Jesus is the imam among Muslims.

http://www.quran.mu/signs-of-arrival...-mehdi-as.html

حدثنا ابن بكير حدثنا الليث عن يونس عن ابن شهاب عن نافع مولى أبي قتادة الأنصاري أن أبا هريرة قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم كيف أنتم إذا نزل ابن مريم فيكم وإمامكم منكم تابعه عقيل والأوزاعي
          Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Isnt that a strange way to translate,

What will be your condition when son of mary will descend among you (and after that stating something totally unconnected) and your imam is with you??

Whereas the same can be more aptly translated as,

What will be your condition when son of mary descends among you and as your imam from among you?

Since i am not strong in arabic, can you point out how the first is right and the second is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
              Interesting point him not mentioned in Bukhari at all...I wonder why?
              Maybe they were not up to the standards set by Bukhari.

Comment

There is a hadith which says:

Rasoolullah (sas) said:

The Mahdi is none other than Jesus son of Mary.

(Sunan Ibn Maja, Kitab ul fitan, volume 2, Page 1341)

This could also be the reason why Imam Mahdi is not reflecting in Bukhari and Muslim.
                Brother , from even these weak hadeeth , you can no way prove that Mirza Ghulam Sahab was a prophet :)

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal-Parwana View Post
                  There is no mention of Mahdi in Quran, Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

Does that mean Bukhari and Muslim did not know about him. If they did what was the basis of their knowledge of such important figure of end times since they didn't record any tradition about him?

Hadiths about Imam Mahdi are found only in the later Hadith collections.
                  Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. is enough as the source of knowledge for anyone who believe.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X