Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belief in Imam Mahdi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Belief in Imam Mahdi

    There is no mention of Mahdi in Quran, Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

    Does that mean Bukhari and Muslim did not know about him. If they did what was the basis of their knowledge of such important figure of end times since they didn't record any tradition about him?

    Hadiths about Imam Mahdi are found only in the later Hadith collections.

  • #2
    Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

    Originally posted by Faisal-Parwana View Post
    There is no mention of Mahdi in Quran, Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

    Does that mean Bukhari and Muslim did not know about him. If they did what was the basis of their knowledge of such important figure of end times since they didn't record any tradition about him?

    Hadiths about Imam Mahdi are found only in the later Hadith collections.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

    and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

    and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

    and charity is proof (of one's faith)

    and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

    All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.



    حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

    Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

      Interesting point him not mentioned in Bukhari at all...I wonder why?
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

      How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

      Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

        Originally posted by Faisal-Parwana View Post
        There is no mention of Mahdi in Quran, Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

        Does that mean Bukhari and Muslim did not know about him. If they did what was the basis of their knowledge of such important figure of end times since they didn't record any tradition about him?

        Hadiths about Imam Mahdi are found only in the later Hadith collections.
        we have written in the psalms, after the remembrance: 'the righteous among my worshipers shall inherit the earth. (Quran 21:105) < this has not happened yet >

        it is he who has sent forth his messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to uplift it above every religion, no matter how much the mushrikin hate it. (Quran 9:33) < this has not happened yet >

        and we desired to bestow a favor upon those who were deemed weak in the land, and to make them the imams, and to make them the heirs, (Quran 28:5)

        As I have known Bukhai and Moslim themselves have written in their books that there are a lot sahih hadithes which are not included in their books.
        For example you can take a look at the book Mustadrak al-Sahihin written by Hakim Nishabouri, he collected lots of Sahih hadithes according to the criteria of Moslem and Bukhari which had not been collected by Moslim and Bukhari.

        A famous hadith is this :

        Even if the entire duration of the world’s existence has already been exhausted and only one day is left before Doomsday, Allah will expand that day to such length of time as to accommodate the kingdom of a person from my Ahlul-Bayt who will be called by my name. He will fill out the earth with peace and justice as it will have been full of injustice and tyranny (by then).

        The belief in Mahdi is essential for every Muslim so that many scholars have decreed kufr on deniers.
        Note: I am a shia.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

          Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said: ‘‘Eesaa ibn Maryam will descend, and their leader the Mahdi will say, "Come and lead us in prayer," but he will say, "No, one of them should lead them as an honour to this ummah from Allaah."’" The version narrated by Muslim says: "… Then ‘Eesaa ibn Maryam (Peace be upon him) will descend and their leader will say, ‘Come and lead us in prayer,’ but he will say, ‘No, some of you are leaders over others as an honour from Allaah to this ummah.’" (Reported by Muslim, 225)
          Where did you get it? I can't find that Hadith in Sahih Muslim, 225 is a different Hadith and the closest hadith is this with no name of Mahdi:

          Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported:
          I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: A section of my people will not cease fighting for the Truth and will prevail till the Day of Resurrection. He said: Jesus son of Mary would then descend and their (Muslims') commander would invite him to come and lead them in prayer, but he would say: No, some amongst you are commanders over some (amongst you). This is the honour from Allah for this Ummah.

          Reference : Sahih Muslim 156
          In-book reference : Book 1, Hadith 302
          USC-MSA web (English) reference

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

            Interesting point him not mentioned in Bukhari at all...I wonder why?
            hes mentioned

            but vast majority of narrations are da'eef and exists in otehr books. we dont rly know anything about him other than some minor stuff like lineage, name and other things


            I remember islamqa had a good post on this
            "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

              Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              hes mentioned

              but vast majority of narrations are da'eef and exists in otehr books. we dont rly know anything about him other than some minor stuff like lineage, name and other things


              I remember islamqa had a good post on this
              I did a topic on this year's ago, refuting Qadiyanis :

              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ted&highlight=

              It has the stuff from islamqa too
              Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

              How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

              Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                Originally posted by Faisal-Parwana View Post
                Where did you get it? I can't find that Hadith in Sahih Muslim, 225 is a different Hadith and the closest hadith is this with no name of Mahdi:

                Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported:
                I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: A section of my people will not cease fighting for the Truth and will prevail till the Day of Resurrection. He said: Jesus son of Mary would then descend and their (Muslims') commander would invite him to come and lead them in prayer, but he would say: No, some amongst you are commanders over some (amongst you). This is the honour from Allah for this Ummah.

                Reference : Sahih Muslim 156
                In-book reference : Book 1, Hadith 302
                USC-MSA web (English) reference
                It was posted on Islamqa
                Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

                The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

                and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

                and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

                and charity is proof (of one's faith)

                and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

                All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.



                حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

                Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                (deprecated numbering scheme)

                أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                  There is a hadith which says:

                  Rasoolullah (sas) said:

                  The Mahdi is none other than Jesus son of Mary.

                  (Sunan Ibn Maja, Kitab ul fitan, volume 2, Page 1341)

                  This could also be the reason why Imam Mahdi is not reflecting in Bukhari and Muslim.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                    Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    hes mentioned

                    but vast majority of narrations are da'eef and exists in otehr books. we dont rly know anything about him other than some minor stuff like lineage, name and other things


                    I remember islamqa had a good post on this
                    This one?

                    https://islamqa.info/en/1252
                    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                      Originally posted by hanz View Post
                      There is a hadith which says:

                      Rasoolullah (sas) said:

                      The Mahdi is none other than Jesus son of Mary.

                      (Sunan Ibn Maja, Kitab ul fitan, volume 2, Page 1341)

                      This could also be the reason why Imam Mahdi is not reflecting in Bukhari and Muslim.
                      It was narrated from Anas bin Malik that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                      “Adhering to religion will only become harder and worldly affairs will only become more difficult, and people will only become more stingy, and the Hour will only come upon the worst of people, and the only Mahdi is ‘Eisa bin Maryam.” (Sunan Ibn Majah 4039)

                      But there are Hadiths like this one in the same book:

                      It was narrated that Sa'eed bin Musayyab said:
                      "We were with Umm Salamah and we were discussing Mahdi. She said: 'I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: "Mahdi will be one of the descendents of Fatimah." (Sunan Ibn Majah 4086)

                      How did the Hadith compiler reconciled both Hadiths in the same book.

                      Do we have any information on the children of Fatima (r.a) like where they live etc.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                        There is another hadith which states that Isa ibn mariam will be from among ourselves:

                        Abu Hureirah (ra) narrates Rasoolullah (sas) said : what will be your condition when son of mary will descend among you and he will be your Imam from among you?

                        (Sahih muslim, kitab al imann, vol 1, page 136)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                          Originally posted by hanz View Post
                          There is another hadith which states that Isa ibn mariam will be from among ourselves:

                          Abu Hureirah (ra) narrates Rasoolullah (sas) said : what will be your condition when son of mary will descend among you and he will be your Imam from among you?

                          (Sahih muslim, kitab al imann, vol 1, page 136)
                          [MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION][/MENTION]
                          look at his game....

                          from sunnah.com
                          What will be your state when the son of Mary descends amongst you and there will be an Imam amongst you?
                          http://www.sunnah.com/muslim/1/299
                          Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                            Originally posted by hanz View Post
                            There is a hadith which says:

                            Rasoolullah (sas) said:

                            The Mahdi is none other than Jesus son of Mary.

                            (Sunan Ibn Maja, Kitab ul fitan, volume 2, Page 1341)

                            This could also be the reason why Imam Mahdi is not reflecting in Bukhari and Muslim.


                            Is the hadeeth “There is no Mahdi except ‘Eesa” saheeh?.


                            Praise be to Allaah.

                            This hadeeth was narrated by Ibn Maajah in his Sunan (4039).

                            Almost all the muhadditheen (hadeeth scholars) are agreed that this hadeeth is da’eef (weak)”

                            It was classed as da’eef by al-Bayhaqi, al-Haakim, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah in Manhaaj al-Sunnah (8/256), and Ibn al-Qayyim in al-Manaar al-Muneef (p. 148).

                            Al-Dhahabi said in Meezaan al-I’tidal (3/535): it is a munkar report.
                            Al-Qaari said in Mirqaat al-Mafaateeh (10/183): it is da’eef according to the consensus of the muhadditheen.

                            It was mentioned by al-Shawkaani in al-Qawaa’id al-Majmoo’ah, 127. He said: al-San’aani said: (it is) mawdoo’ (fabricated).

                            Al-Albaani said in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Da’eefah (77): It is munkar.

                            Even if this hadeeth were saheeh – but it is not saheeh – the meaning would be that there is no one who perfectly guided (mahdi) or protected from sin and error except ‘Eesa ibn Maryam. This was stated by al-Qurtubi, Ibn al-Qayyim and Ibn Katheer.

                            This does not contradict the fact that the Mahdi will emerge at the end of time and that he will join forces with ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him), and ‘Eesa will pray behind him in congregation.
                            We have already stated in the answer to question no. 1252 the evidence showing that the Mahdi will emerge at the end of time with the attributes that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described.

                            These saheeh ahaadeeth cannot be contradicted by a da’eef hadeeth like this one.

                            See al-Ahaadeeth al-Da’eefah, 1/89 by al-Albaani. Al-Mawsoo’ah fi Ahaadeeth al-Mahdi al-Da’eefah wa’l-Mawdoo’ah by al-Bastawi, p. 94-104.



                            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

                            How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

                            Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Belief in Imam Mahdi

                              Originally posted by hanz View Post
                              There is another hadith which states that Isa ibn mariam will be from among ourselves:

                              Abu Hureirah (ra) narrates Rasoolullah (sas) said : what will be your condition when son of mary will descend among you and he will be your Imam from among you?

                              (Sahih muslim, kitab al imann, vol 1, page 136)

                              Being very selective in your quotes aren't you?

                              It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) observed:

                              What will be your state when the son of Mary descends amongst you and there will be an Imam amongst you?

                              http://sunnah.com/muslim/1/299


                              It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that he heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as saying:

                              What would you do when the son of Mary would descend and lead you?

                              http://sunnah.com/muslim/1/300

                              Narrated Abu Huraira:

                              Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said "How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and your imam is among you."
                              http://sunnah.com/bukhari/60/119


                              jesus and the Mahdi are not the same person.

                              The Mahdi is from the descendants of the Prophet :saw: through his daughter Fatimah :RAA:, his name will be Muhammad Ibn Abdullah just as the Prophet :saw: was called, and Isa alayhis salaam will descend and then Dajjal will come.

                              All the narrations are tawattur in that so many sahaba narrated them its authenticity i.e the return of Isa alayhis salaam and the coming of the Mahdi are a certainty.
                              Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

                              How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

                              Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X