Did I commit kufr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I commit kufr?

I was in school and I heard that one of my muslim friends knew that something was haram and ate it anyway, so I called him a kaafir accidently without thinking properly. And I read that if you call a Muslim a Kaafir then you have left islam and you have to take the shahada again.

Re: Did I commit kufr?

you said it without thinking properly and it was accidental, i.e, you didn't mean it; it was just a slip of the tongue, so no you're not kaafir but just to be on the safe side say shahadah again anyway

if you done salaah since then, then no need to say shahadah as we say shahadah in attahiyat in salaah

Comment

:salams

Calling a Muslim a kafir does not take you out of the folds of Islam. However, it should not be done, of course.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Astagfirullah View Post
        I was in school and I heard that one of my muslim friends knew that something was haram and ate it anyway, so I called him a kaafir accidently without thinking properly. And I read that if you call a Muslim a Kaafir then you have left islam and you have to take the shahada again.
        Brother , someone doing haram act is doing a sin , maybe a major , but it does not make him kafir.

Be a bit patient at times :)

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          :salams

Calling a Muslim a kafir does not take you out of the folds of Islam. However, it should not be done, of course.
          Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man declares his brother to be a kaafir, it will apply to one of them.” According to another report: “Either it is as he said, otherwise it will come back to him.” (Sahih Muslim & Bukhari)
          youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
            Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man declares his brother to be a kaafir, it will apply to one of them.” According to another report: “Either it is as he said, otherwise it will come back to him.” (Sahih Muslim & Bukhari)
            That's not what the hadith means exactly.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

It does not mean that the person leaves Islam and becomes a disbeliever if he/she did that. Their marriage will not break or that if they were to die the janazah will not be prayed for them as for a person who leaves Islam. But, the hadith is pointing out the severeness of calling a Muslim a kafir.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                It does not mean that the person leaves Islam and becomes a disbeliever if he/she did that. Their marriage will not break or that if they were to die the janazah will not be prayed for them as for a person who leaves Islam. But, the hadith is pointing out the severeness of calling a Muslim a kafir.
                you are correct, that is the proper explanation of the hadith.

Shaykh bin baaz RA says that its not major kufr but the point is to warn the person making the takfeer

http://www.binbaz.org.sa/noor/695
                youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X