Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sects in Islam

Re: Sects in Islam

Its useless trying to open controversial topics, they will just tell you sunni is the right way ... Its useless

Comment

I thought you losers rejected hadith?
      Double standards much?
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Why are we trying to divide the ummah? There is enough fighting and hatred out there in the world. We should all stick together.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          Double standards much?
          I reject the idea of sects, I always argued on several threads against any type of sect or teaching. I dont care if the hadith said 73 or a million ... All i care about is that Allah forbids us from making different sects as stated in the Quran.

Comment

Double standards much?
            We say only those hadith that contradict with the Holy Quran should not be accepted.
            This hadith is very much in line with the Quran in which Allah says that the ummah will be divided.

مَّا كَانَ ٱللَّهُ لِيَذَرَ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ عَلَىٰ مَآ أَنتُمْ عَلَيْهِ حَتَّىٰ يَمِيزَ ٱلْخَبِيثَ مِنَ ٱلطَّيِّبِ ۗ وَمَا كَانَ ٱللَّهُ لِيُطْلِعَكُمْ عَلَى ٱلْغَيْبِ وَلَٰكِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَجْتَبِى مِن رُّسُلِهِۦ مَن يَشَآءُ ۖ فَـَٔامِنُوا۟ بِٱللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِۦ ۚ وَإِن تُؤْمِنُوا۟ وَتَتَّقُوا۟ فَلَكُمْ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌۭ
            On no account will Allah leave the believers in the condition which you are in until He separates the evil from the good; nor is Allah going to make you acquainted with the unseen, but Allah chooses of His messengers whom He pleases; therefore believe in Allah and His messengers; and if you believe and guard (against evil), then you shall have a great reward.
            (Surat:3, Verse:179)

It is therefore an inevitable fact that the Ummah will be divided. The one thing that all muslims should be careful about is ensuring that they are with those that are on the straight path. This is the path that is pointed out by the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet.

It is therefore in the interest of muslims that we discuss to understand which is the direction we are now headed to and which are the people who are headed in the right direction.
            Last edited by hanz; 23-04-16, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King1234 View Post
              I reject the idea of sects, I always argued on several threads against any type of sect or teaching. I dont care if the hadith said 73 or a million ... All i care about is that Allah forbids us from making different sects as stated in the Quran.
              King1234...while i agree with you that sectarianism is not a good thing, you cant ignore the fact that the ummah is divided into multiple sects and sub-sects. So lets face the fact. I thought this subject is pertinent to be discussed here, especially because i have noticed a few members here who consider themselves holier than thou! If they feel that they are the torch bearers of Islam, let them explain how they consider themselves as those people whom Allah's prophet said would be headed for paradise while the lions share would head for hell!

Comment

I can tell you one thing about the saved sect
                Wallahi it is not the quranists
                "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

I can tell you one thing about the saved sect
                  Wallahi it is not the quranists
                  Eesa would know who arent the saved sect....the question is do you know what the saved one is, and whether you belong to that one? If so, can you substantiate?

Comment

Originally posted by hanz View Post
                    Eesa would know who arent the saved sect....the question is do you know what the saved one is, and whether you belong to that one? If so, can you substantiate?
                    Easy peasy
                    based on the following Hadith of the Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and numerous others of similar wording:
                    “And this Ummah will divide into seventy-three sects all of which except one will go to Hell and they (i.e. the Saved Sect) are those who are upon what I and My Companions are upon (i.e. those who follow My Way and the Way of my Companions.)”
                    [Reported by At-Tirmidhi - Hasan]
                    Are the quranist upon the same path as rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam and his companions?
                    Not even close.
                    Al sunnah wal jammah is the saved sect but you will prolly reject this along with the hadith I quoted because it goes against your nafs

Comment

Easy peasy
                      based on the following Hadith of the Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and numerous others of similar wording:
                      “And this Ummah will divide into seventy-three sects all of which except one will go to Hell and they (i.e. the Saved Sect) are those who are upon what I and My Companions are upon (i.e. those who follow My Way and the Way of my Companions.)”
                      [Reported by At-Tirmidhi - Hasan]
                      Are the quranist upon the same path as rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam and his companions?
                      Not even close.
                      Al sunnah wal jammah is the saved sect but you will prolly reject this along with the hadith I quoted because it goes against your nafs
                      Not a quranist, but I am following the teachings and the way of the prophet by following the Quran ... Since that was the revelation sent to him.

Comment

Nope. I have nothing against any sect. Just want to know who this Al Sunnah wal Jammah is?????? Which one? Wahabis? Jamaath-e- Islamis? Barelvis? there are so many of them....and each accusing each other of being kafirs. Which one Eesa?

Again, just your saying so is not proof enough, is it? Will this not be what everyone would say? Can you substantiate with proof?

Comment

Originally posted by King1234 View Post
                          Not a quranist, but I am following the teachings and the way of the prophet by following the Quran ... Since that was the revelation sent to him.
                          But whose interpretation of the quran are you following? The understanding of sahabah ra (which by the way was conveyed through hadith) or your own "imma just going to make it up as I go along because you are convinced your own opinion is 100% siratul mustaqim. Do you realise how ridiculous your theory is now
                          Each one of the seventy three sects has their own interpretation of the Quran. What makes your opinion the best one
                          Fear Allah and return to the sunnah of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam

Comment

Originally posted by hanz View Post
                            Nope. I have nothing against any sect. Just want to know who this Al Sunnah wal Jammah is?????? Which one? Wahabis? Jamaath-e- Islamis? Barelvis? there are so many of them....and each accusing each other of being kafirs. Which one Eesa?

Again, just your saying so is not proof enough, is it? Will this not be what everyone would say? Can you substantiate with proof?
                            To quote the hadith you yourself used

"The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire." It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, "Al-Jamaa’ah."
                            Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982.
                            Which Jamaah is the one being reffered to? The jammah upon the sunnah of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam.
                            Are all those who claim to be upon al sunnah wal jammah actually so? Of course not. But we go back to the quran and the sunnah of rasuluh sallaho alayhi wa sallam to determine who is upon truth and who is upon falsehoods
                            If a person's Islam conforms to Quran and sunnah then alhamdulilah, if not then we need to advise them
                            Allahu alim

Comment

To quote the hadith you yourself used

"The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire." It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, "Al-Jamaa’ah."
                              Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982.
                              Which Jamaah is the one being reffered to? The jammah upon the sunnah of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam.
                              Are all those who claim to be upon al sunnah wal jammah actually so? Of course not. But we go back to the quran and the sunnah of rasuluh sallaho alayhi wa sallam to determine who is upon truth and who is upon falsehoods
                              If a person's Islam conforms to Quran and sunnah then alhamdulilah, if not then we need to advise them
                              Allahu alim
                              And who will do that Eesa? According to you, we are not supposed to think ourselves, we are to follow scholars. The very same scholars who have led the Ummah into various sects. So how do you pick one scholar from the other? How do you pick one sect from the other without thinking for yourselves? Or else, there should be clear manifestation for a particular group the differentiates them from the other. Your standard response that it is the Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaah is not an acceptable one, since that does not point out a sect at all, rather it points out to a group of sects. And according to the hadith, of 73, 72 will go to hell. That means, the group will go to hell and only a differentiated sect or people will be rightly guided.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X