Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking to potential spouse on phone

Asalamualaikum
    Is it permissible for a man and a women who have intentions to get married to speak on the phone together by themselves without a wali?
    JazakAllah khair
    “You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness." Sahih al Bukhari

Re: Talking to potential spouse on phone

best keep it as Islamic as possible ... so if one can only do with seeing the potential spouses face and talking to her/him in the presence of someone else, then fine, if not then talk on phone with third person present, if that is not possible then I suppose talking on phone aint that bad as long as conversation don't turn too lovey dovey :D

if private phone conversation can be avoided then that's best ...I remember me phoning up this potential spouse ... it's sort of like talking to them in seclusion ... I got so 'inclined' that I asked her to blow me a kiss :D [we expressed like for one another in a meeting prior to that] but she was too pious and refused!!! :D ... naughty me

moral of story; satan easily gets u in a 'secluded' situation :jaded:

Comment

No, it's not okay. Unless there's a necessity for it.
      Last edited by ms.muslimah; 28-03-16, 10:12 PM.
      Narrated Anas:
      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

https://islamqa.info/en/13704

Comment

:salams

No talking in seclusion except in the presence of a close elderly (not a 10 years old younger brother) relative (if Not a wali who is a requirement in nikkah) like mother, uncle etc

If in an emergency or in very important matters of marriage it COULD be ok unless untill its within the subject and with in a reasonable time .

Scholars classify various zinas and enjoying the sweet talk of a woman comes into category of zina through ears, Avoiding doubtful things is safeguarding one's eeman and are better avoided.
          Last edited by talibilm09; 29-03-16, 01:12 AM.
          My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X