Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why delay Asr? I'm HANAFI and I delay ASR

What's your opinion?
    “And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help”

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Re: Why delay Asr? I'm HANAFI and I delay ASR

I follow hanafi rulings in most things including delayed asr. In my country majority of the masjids follow hanafi madhab, so to attend congregation I would have to follow hanafi time anyway.

Here's an article explaining why hanafi madhab's position is to delay asr. http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/34950
    Last edited by bhshawon; 22-03-16, 04:55 PM.
    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
      What's your opinion?
      One reason is so that ppl stay in the mosque after asr and wait for maghrib. Even in the Hanafi madhab there are two opinions on asr.

Comment

What's your opinion?
        I don't know which madhab I agree with because I'm still pretty ignorant. I've been Muslim for five years. I have done a lot of my own studying, so I'm sure somethings I do are probably not correct or fully correct. (For instance, I thought burping broke wudu so I was redoing it more than I needed).

Does anyone have a breakdown?
        لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
        سورة الإخلاص

Comment

What's your opinion?
          hmm...I'm trying to learn more myself...for now I just follow what my parents taught me...which is to not delay 'Asr. As for madhab, for now I'm reading a shafii fiqh book because that's what a sister recommended. But I don't take from a madhab specifically because I am still learning.

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
          I don't know which madhab I agree with because I'm still pretty ignorant. I've been Muslim for five years. I have done a lot of my own studying, so I'm sure somethings I do are probably not correct or fully correct. (For instance, I thought burping broke wudu so I was redoing it more than I needed).

What do you mean by breakdown ukhti?
          Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

For the general muslim, they do not follow any madhab. Find a scholar who you trust and take your knowledge from them. Thats all that's required, we should leave it to the experts. Worse thing you could do is to try to learn all of these things yourself which would lead to more confusion. It's like the example of the doctor, we will go to them for medical advice, not read medicine books. Same goes for islamic knowledge.

Comment

:salams ukthi

burping does not break wudu. Making Deen very difficult is not Deen at all in my view of 4 decades of studies as student of knowledge . So i do pray asar late but when i have a job to do later i try to follow a Shafi imaam and complete asar. in case an Imaam is not available and in situations like travel on flight or on public transport i pray it as soon as the shafi asar time had arrived or still EARLY OR LATER juma - joining both can be done on inevitable situations though some strict hanafis will not agree on it. Allah sees your intention though its a Must to follow the rules and regulations but missing a fard prayer just to keep some fiqh rules will be a stupidity :( . Ask your heart in those situations since in this modern era matters are MORE complicated than our earlier times

There are several hadiths which said not to create aversion to Deen and once even Prophet had frowned on an Imaam who lenghthened his prayer in a gathering of the old and kids.
              Last edited by talibilm09; 26-03-16, 04:04 AM.
              My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X