Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Prophet Yusuf (A.S.)

salaam,

so I know that when Zulayka tried to seduce Prophet Yusuf (A.S.), a relative of hers testified against her and in defense of him.

I recently stumbled across this movie, which seems to be in Farsi, and they portray the witness as Zulayka's cousins nephew, which is just a baby. I am not sure where they are getting this from and I can find no other supporting info around it.

see at 1:06 (1hr 6m) mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pAnQD-O9k
    لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Re: Question about Prophet Yusuf (A.S.)

farsi films are 99.9 percent likely from the lying shias!!!, so it's credibility is the same as mr bean :D:D

Comment

Does the movie depict Yusuf AS? Depicting Prophets is haraam.
      Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Leave the farsi stuff; it's from the persians, i.e iranians!! And you know what they are dont you? :D

Comment

وعليكم السلام

In Tafsir al Baghawi, interpretation of the verse 12:26:
          "They differed about the witness:
          Sa'id ibn Jubayr and ad-Dahhak said: he was a boy in the cradle. Allah ('azza wa jall) caused him to talk. ...
          and it is said: the boy was the maternal cousin of that woman.
          Al-Hasan, 'ikrima, Qatada and Mujahid said: he wasn't a boy, but a wise and resolute man.
          As-Suddi said: he was the paternal cousin of Ra'eel... "

Comment

Originally posted by Dziri View Post
            وعليكم السلام

In Tafsir al Baghawi, interpretation of the verse 12:26:
            "They differed about the witness:
            Sa'id ibn Jubayr and ad-Dahhak said: he was a boy in the cradle. Allah ('azza wa jall) caused him to talk. ...
            and it is said: the boy was the maternal cousin of that woman.
            Al-Hasan, 'ikrima, Qatada and Mujahid said: he wasn't a boy, but a wise and resolute man.
            As-Suddi said: he was the paternal cousin of Ra'eel... "
            JAK for the info.

yes, the series in in Farsi and it is wrong to portray any of the Prophets, but this one seems to do a somewhat good job in telling the story of Yusuf AS. lot of production values here....good money went into it i assume. there's an english translated version too.
            لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
              JAK for the info.

yes, the series in in Farsi and it is wrong to portray any of the Prophets, but this one seems to do a somewhat good job in telling the story of Yusuf AS. lot of production values here....good money went into it i assume. there's an english translated version too.
              I saw the film twice. It is very nice :)
              And yes, it is translated into 40 or so different languages.

Comment

There is great wisdom in surah Yusuf . Just read the tafsir of Maulana Maududi , surah Yusuf , its great.

Comment

Ibn Kathir' (rh) tafsir states that several ulama asserted the witness mentioned in 12:26 "a witness/member of her household bore witness" refers to an adult male: Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, As-Suddi, Muhammad bin Ishaq and others.

A dissenting group asserted the "witness" was a young boy: Abu Hurayrah, Hilal bin Yasaf, Al-Hasan, Sa`id bin Jubayr and Ad-Dahhak bin Muzahim, that the witness was a young boy who lived in the `Aziz's house. Ibn Jarir At-Tabari preferred this view. al Awfi claimed Ibn Abbas (rah) said it was a baby in the cradle.

Both cite Ibn Abbas (rah) from different chains as their source.

Ibn Abbas (rah) could not have said BOTH, because Allah SWT said only one witness, so one of those is a fabrication.

Allah knows best.
                  Last edited by Abu Kamel; 26-03-16, 03:24 AM.
                  Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                  " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                    There is great wisdom in surah Yusuf . Just read the tafsir of Maulana Maududi , surah Yusuf , its great.
                    Yes Tafheemul Quran 's explanation is the most appropriate here in my view as pasted below http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html

(12:26) Joseph said, "It was she who solicited me." At this a member of her own family gave the circumstantial evidence, *24 saying, "If the shirt of Joseph is rent from the front, the woman speaks the truth and he is a liar.
                    *24 It appears that when the master of the house came on the scene, he was accompanied by a person of his wife's household. When he heard the story of the incident, he made this proposal: "As each of them accuses the other and there is no eye-witness of what happened between the two, the matter should be decided by the help of the circumstancial evidence, by examining the condition of Joseph's shirt." Obviously this was a very reasonable way of deciding the matter, and there was, therefore, no need to resort to a miracle. According to some traditions this witness was an infant, lying in the cradle, whom Allah had given the power of speech for giving this evidence. As this story is not supported by any authority, there is no reason why the obvious, plain and reasonable thing should not be accepted that the witness was a wise and experienced member of the family of the wife, instead of having resort to a miracle based on an unauthentic tradition.
                    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

ALLAH SWT said in 12:26 "shahida shaahidu" which means "witness witnessed", and Allah does not recognize normal children and babies as "shahid" legal witnesses to legal issues.

That is why the interpretation adult male is mostly likely correct.

And Allah knows best.
                      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
                        ALLAH SWT said in 12:26 "shahida shaahidu" which means "witness witnessed", and Allah does not recognize normal children and babies as "shahid" legal witnesses to legal issues.

That is why the interpretation adult male is mostly likely correct.

And Allah knows best.
                        But in the story of Juraij, the witness was a baby
                        http://sunnah.com/bukhari/21/10

Anyway, concerning the witness in the story of Yusuf (عليه السلام), it is not a beneficial knowledge.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X