Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At What Age Did Aisha(ra) consumate marriage with Prophet(saw)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At What Age Did Aisha(ra) consumate marriage with Prophet(saw)?

Originally posted by Khan8 View Post
    So you are saying that she lied?! Wow, you may as well go join a Shia Forum if you gonna say that.
    where did i say she lied u narrow minded man . Stop slandering me fear Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by muslim4life76 View Post
      where did i say she lied u narrow minded man . Stop slandering me fear Allah.
      Well you said she wasn't 9 whilst she said herself she was 9, that is implying she lied.

Comment

She was 9 .

This is a fact , no need to try and change it , to please others.

Comment

If kuffar are displeased with her age we cant explain until they understand the fact that Allah is who we serve. Because it was a command of Allah swt for prophet muhammad saws to marry A'isha r.a. so how will they ever accept that fact before they accept Allah as their lord.
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
            Scartch what i said before.

Read this book:
            https://islamistruth.files.wordpress...h-scholars.pdf

It thoroughly refutes this claim Aisha :RAA: was not 9 years old including all the other arguments being used to prove she was older are completely baseless and deceptive- i can guess where you are getting your arguments from too since they are all pretty much from the same place, and it was refuted by a scholar back in 2007 from brother Aymen Bin Khalid of Multaqa Ahl al-hadeeth forum.

She was 9. It is a fact of history. She was 18 years old when the Prophet :saw: died.
            http://www.discoveringislam.org/aisha_age.htm

I've read this, its quite interesting and debates that she (Aisha radiAllahu anha) was another age
            Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
            In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
            USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
            (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              http://www.discoveringislam.org/aisha_age.htm

I've read this, its quite interesting and debates that she (Aisha radiAllahu anha) was another age
              This

Answers all the points very throughly that are in that link.

Comment

Originally posted by savo234 View Post
                This

Answers all the points very throughly that are in that link.
                Ok. But at the end of the day, it means that marriage at that age was common in those days - and consummation then happened after puberty. I also agree with Shaykh Uthaymeen who disallowed child marriages.

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Ok. But at the end of the day, it means that marriage at that age was common in those days - and consummation then happened after puberty. I also agree with Shaykh Uthaymeen who disallowed child marriages.
                  Do you look for the truth or just that you dislike something personally. First of all, her(ra) age was 9 year old at the time of consummation which was after puberty. And scholars are agreed that marriage can only be consummated after puberty. And if puberty for a woman is at 15 years old then marriage can not be consummated before that.

That is the basic ruling which cannot be changed..

However some scholars like Sh Ali Tantawi(rh) if I remember correctly argued that there could be administrative order from Imam of state to restrict age but that will be an administrative order not the original ruling in Shariah.

The original ruling is puberty.

Comment

Shaykh ibn uthaymin only wrote about consent of pre-pubescent girl which is fine opinion. Whats not from Islam is that after a girl has hit puberty, someone says, its not allowed to marry her. for example A boy in puberty of 15 years and a girl of 13 years can be married in Islam. The issue of minimum age of 18 or 16 are administrative laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnome
                      Show me where it says that we must get our 9 hear old daughters away for marraige in the Quran and sunnah.
                      Actually don't bother because such command doesn't exit.So your attempt to insuky the Allah and the prophet is baseless and boring to be honest.
                      Come back when you are sound at heart and actualy eant to discover the truth.
                      Otherwise enjoy hell on earth .
                      Last edited by .Hajar.; 30-06-17, 02:16 AM. Reason: Quoted post edited
                      Ya Allah,
                      Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                      "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by savo234 View Post
                        Do you look for the truth or just that you dislike something personally. First of all, her(ra) age was 9 year old at the time of consummation which was after puberty. And scholars are agreed that marriage can only be consummated after puberty. And if puberty for a woman is at 15 years old then marriage can not be consummated before that.

That is the basic ruling which cannot be changed..

However some scholars like Sh Ali Tantawi(rh) if I remember correctly argued that there could be administrative order from Imam of state to restrict age but that will be an administrative order not the original ruling in Shariah.

The original ruling is puberty.
                        I don't think that Child Marriage is a core part of our deen, just something that isn't forbidden by clearly in Islam. However, I'm glad that Sheikh Uthaymeen limited child marriage in his fatwa. In Islam even the virgin can't be forced in marriage, so I understand why some scholars and countries place an age limit. Because a toddler, for example, who can't speak can't give her consent in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer
                          "Moral wisdom" aka Western secular principles and values.

And no, Islam is for all peoples and all time periods.
                          Keep your little asides to yourself. I was reiterating that some salafi scholars of recent times, like shaykh Uthaymeen say that child marriage shouldn't be allowed in our times. It serves no purpose and now is harmful. I agree that thats definitely case.

Comment

Keep your little asides to yourself. I was reiterating that some salafi scholars of recent times, like shaykh Uthaymeen say that child marriage shouldn't be allowed in our times. It serves no purpose and now is harmful. I agree that thats definitely case.
                            I agree 100%
                            And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

It was not an insult against you, I was referring to what Gnome's perception of "moral wisdom" is.

Comment

I don't think that Child Marriage is a core part of our deen, just something that isn't forbidden by clearly in Islam. However, I'm glad that Sheikh Uthaymeen limited child marriage in his fatwa. In Islam even the virgin can't be forced in marriage, so I understand why some scholars and countries place an age limit. Because a toddler, for example, who can't speak can't give her consent in any way.
                                I think you are not understanding my argument and Sh's fatwa. Shaykh gave a fatwa against deciding marriage of a girl who did not hit puberty yet. Which is fine.

However, no one is against marriage and its consummation after puberty.... Do you have a problem with that ?

If not then you shuld not have prblem with consummation age of Aisha's(ra) marriage which was after puberty. Only that he decision was made by Abu Bakr(ra) before that age. Which is something not important. Sh Ibn Uthaymin wrote about that...

I only disagreed with your link trying to increase Aisha's(ra) age. Thats all. I dont disagree with Sh's fatwa...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X