Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At What Age Did Aisha(ra) consumate marriage with Prophet(saw)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At What Age Did Aisha(ra) consumate marriage with Prophet(saw)?

At What Age Did Aisha(ra) consumate marriage with Prophet(saw)?

Answers with daleel only please

I saw a thread today and it just got me all confused and then locked by [MENTION=763]AbuMubarak[/MENTION] ppl were doing bad stuff. I also saw a comment saying something like only modernist scholars say it was nineteen so i think it was at 9 but I just want to make sure
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Re: At What Age Did Aisha(ra) consumate marriage with Prophet(saw)?

Sahih Bukhari

Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234

Source: http://sunnah.com/bukhari/63/120
    Last edited by ms.muslimah; 17-02-16, 09:29 PM.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

:jkk: [MENTION=136292]ms.muslimah[/MENTION] but it didn't talk about consumation just that he handed her over
      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
        :jkk: [MENTION=136292]ms.muslimah[/MENTION] but it didn't talk about consumation just that he handed her over
        Narrated Hisham's father:
        Khadija died three years before the Prophet (ﷺ) departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married `Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. - Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 63, Hadith 122

Source: http://sunnah.com/bukhari/63/122
        Narrated Anas:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

9 and there is ijmaa'. Check one of my created threads for detailed evidences.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Alright one more question how do I respond when they call him (saw) a paedophile?
            [MENTION=136292]ms.muslimah[/MENTION] coz im in the middle of a debate right now and thats what some kuffar are saying

Comment

Alright one more question how do I respond when they call him (saw) a paedophile?
              @ms.muslimah coz im in the middle of a debate right now and thats what some kuffar are saying
              Ask him to define a pedophile and their characteristics.
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

[MENTION=136292]ms.muslimah[/MENTION] coz im in the middle of a debate right now and thats what some kuffar are saying
                Ask them if they know what the definition of a pedophile is. Are you in a debate irl, or online?
                Narrated Anas:

Comment

You know the Prophet saw was called many things by his enemies but never a paedophile, have you wondered why?

It simply wasnt an issue, but also Islam bought rights for women that they never had. The Prophet saw every action is guidance. Teh marriage of Aaisha ra was so too.

Note all teh Prophet saw wives were mature when married to Him saw, often widows and divorcees. Aisha ra was the youngest and within that marriage there was something that was meant as a lesson

So jews and christians had n limitations and were allowing intercourse with babies. Islam said no only when a woman is baaligh ie has reached puberty

Today the world has set man made age groups, in europe its 12 - 14 in Uk its 16 etc. Allah swt has said its when reaching puberty. That may be 9 it may be 12 it maybe 14. BUT its not about birth day its about body function

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                    You know the Prophet saw was called many things by his enemies but never a paedophile, have you wondered why?

It simply wasnt an issue, but also Islam bought rights for women that they never had. The Prophet saw every action is guidance. Teh marriage of Aaisha ra was so too.

Note all teh Prophet saw wives were mature when married to Him saw, often widows and divorcees. Aisha ra was the youngest and within that marriage there was something that was meant as a lesson

So jews and christians had n limitations and were allowing intercourse with babies. Islam said no only when a woman is baaligh ie has reached puberty

Today the world has set man made age groups, in europe its 12 - 14 in Uk its 16 etc. Allah swt has said its when reaching puberty. That may be 9 it may be 12 it maybe 14. BUT its not about birth day its about body function
                    :jkk: Ill just copy and paste sone of this lol

[email protected]ah online

Comment

:jkk: Ill just copy and paste sone of this lol

[email protected]ah online
                      That's better. At first I thought you were arguing irl.
                      Narrated Anas:

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post

The youngest age in USA was 7.

Side note: I vote we merge all these threads since there is a new one every week on the same topic. Or sicky one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
                          The youngest age in USA was 7.

Side note: I vote we merge all these threads since there is a new one every week on the same topic. Or sicky one of them.
                          The youngest age for what was seven?
                          Narrated Anas:

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
                            The youngest age for what was seven?
                            Consent and marriage. It was in Delaware.

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
                              Consent and marriage. It was in Delaware.
                              Really? When? I need this kind of information for when I get into debates with people about child marriage.
                              Last edited by ms.muslimah; 18-02-16, 11:22 PM.
                              Narrated Anas:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X