Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abrogation - are we no longer to be forgiving and patient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abrogation - are we no longer to be forgiving and patient?

Assalam alaykum w rahmatullah w barakatu (sp?)

I've been reading websites recently about how we should treat non-Muslims, and some of them have stated that chapter 9 has abrogated the verses about forgiving kuffar and being patient toward them. Is this true? Or am I just misunderstanding what they mean? I hope someone can guide me.

For example, "And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, 'Peace!'" (25:63). Does this no longer apply? I live in the US and whenever I hear ignorance from kuffar, I simply correct them, and if they continue spewing ignorance, I am patient with them in answering and responding to their questions and claims (using scholarly sources, of course, as I am a layman). I am always kind to them, hoping they'll remember a Muslim's kindness the next time they go to express their ignorance. The most I'll do if all this fails, is I'll say, "I see you do not want to listen to me. Peace and may God guide you" then I'll walk away or log off (usually the latter lol). Am I doing the wrong thing? Of course I know that if a kafr goes to hurt me, then I must defend myself, but these situations are, alhamdullilah, always non-violent and typically brainwashed kuffar who have never heard of Islam past what Fox news and their Facebook friends have told them.

Thank you and jazakullah khair.

Re: Abrogation - are we no longer to be forgiving and patient?

Is there any resource online or offline with the list of abrogated verses, reason of abrogation and the replacement verses? With evidence.
    Thanks.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X