• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about Day of Judment and Dajjal

Originally posted by hatim1337 View Post
    Assalama alaykoum Josh987654321,
    Thank you. :)

To give answer to your questions I shall mention in short what the muslims believe. I shall mention three persons. The first is the Dajjal (liar) also known as the antichrist. The second is Isa (a.s) also known as jesus. And the thirth is the 'beast'. The first two are humans. Dajjal will come in the future to deceive people. The one who follows him will have a good time but it is forbidden to follow him. At the other hand the one who does not follow him will have a hard time like famine etc.
    I find that interesting, because according to Revelations, he will mark his followers on the forehead or right hand, which revelation mentions as 666 and all those without the mark of the beast won't be allowed to trade etc, which means famine and persecution. So it looks like we are in sort of agreement here.

Dajjal will stay for forty days. The first day will have a length of one year the second of one month the thirth as one week and the others like the normal days. After that Isa (a.s) will descend and kill the Dajjal he can not be killed except by Isa (a.s) even while he is a human because Allah (swt) will keep him alive as a trial till the appointed time for Isa (a.s) to kill him. The trials and tribulations of the Dajjal will also end for the one who did not follow him. Isa will rule for forty years after he descended, it will be a peaceful time and everybody will believe him and become muslim after he descended. So peaceful that you can play with snakes, because they will not bite and the venom will be removed and children will put there hand in te mouth of a lion and it will not bite. Also nobody will die that forty years no matter what age he has when he reached the time for Isa ( a.s) to rule for forty years. That will be the time what everbody thinks it can never be a achieved, but it will be. A time with no problems, no war, no fighting, no killing, no dying, no diseases. To keep it in short you can compare it like the time you were like 4/5 years and you were playing outside with other innocent children or even better than that. Anyway after that Isa (a.s) dies the peaceful time will slowly vanish because Allah (swt) will decide to do that because people will follow slowly but again the footstepts of the devil, disbelief will occur again and till a time comes that will maybe even worser than we have ever experienced. And so the beast will come in a time where people are really bad. And he will make the faces of believers shine and the faces of disbelievers darken. It is not a human like Isa (a.s) and Dajjal. But it can think like humans, so it is also not a animal. Maybe it looks like an animal. That I do not know but I am sure there is something written about it and it will say:
    And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), we shall produce from the earth a beast to (face) them: He will speak to them, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs.
    That's interesting, revelations I think diverges a bit from this, nevertheless, I find it very interesting that we are almost on the same page when it comes to the antichrist. And especially if one is requiring that people be marked to buy/sell and is worshiped as a god, we will both know to stay away that's for sure. :)

And as for the other details, I guess we would have to wait and see.

Qur'an, sura 27 (An-Naml), ayat 82
    So the beast is mentioned in the quran what you read above. It is not a fantasy even if some people claim that. And when Day of Judgement comes only Allah (swt) knows that, even the prophets He did not let know. What we know is the signs preceding the Day of Judgement. Because Allah (swt) did let us know that. For example we know that the Day of Judgement will be definitely on a friday, also we know it will be not next friday because still some things need to happen. And we know it will fall on the worst people that that have ever lived from Adam (a.s) till the Day of judgement.

Hopefully I have answered your questions, note that this is what I have written above is not all the details. I tried to keep it short. It it what I know, others may know more and better also. If you have more questions I will try my best to answer them.
    Thank you hatim1337, It's helped a fair bit actually. :)

Thank you for reading
    Josh
    Last edited by Josh987654321; 15-02-16, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Assalama alaykum, I am glad you got your questions answered and to add on that what you said about the revalations. The Dajjal (liar) also known as the antichrist is a trial. He is a human of jewish descent. Note the islam has nothing against jews. We are obligatory to threat jews the same as any other human, with mercy and equity and grace. If somebody is guilty, Allah (swt) deals with him in justice. If somebody is cursed, it is with the justice of Allah (swt) and if somebody is blessed it is with the mercy of Allah (swt). And to add that above, how can the islam have something against jews as we believe in the islam the most prophets were of jewish descent, including Musa (a.s) also known as moses and Isa (a.s) also known as jesus. The beast is not a trial and is not guilty either, it will be send by Allah (swt) to mark the believers as believers and the disbelievers as disbelievers so absolutely no trial at all, it has no will like we humans do it follows strictly the commands of Allah (swt). It will be a good time for the believer and a bad time for the disbeliever. So Isa. (a.s) and the beast are good in the sight of Allah (swt) but Dajjal (liar) is not good in the sight of Allah (swt) . The beast is a apart event and has nothing to do with the dajjal, and is not even a trial. So in this order these three events happens. Dajjal (liar) arives and deceives people, after that Isa (a.s) descents and kills Dajjal (liar), after that Isa (a.s) rules for forty years like I mentioned above he will descent when he is 33 years and die when he is 73 years. And than the society after his death will decay and than maybe some other signs happen before the beast arives and Allah (swt) knows how many years after the event of Dajjal and Isa (a.s) the beast arives.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh987654321 View Post
        Hi, I am a bit confused.

Does Islam believe the 'beast' that is to come before the end will be good? and not a deceiver who Christ will come to destroy on the last day?

From a Christian perspective, it's my understanding that the beast will come to deceive many before the last day (Because Satan's time is short), in which the antichrist will claim to be Christ (proclaim himself a god, and, through the signs and wonders he performs, be worshipped by most people living at that time), in which Christ will return to destroy.

Anyway, I am curious, because your understanding of the end times sounds similar to Christianity's. If there were a man who claimed to be Christ/God, I would not follow him or believe him, even though I am a Christian, because I believe Christ will return on the last day, but not to preach and work miracles as He did previously. I believe that day will be the day of Judgment as depicted in the book of Revelations.

As a Christian, when the 'beast' or 'antichrist' comes, it will be a sign that the last day is near (hope), but unfortunately that there will also be much persecution to prepare myself for.

In Christianity, it also mentions that those who follow the beast/antichrist will be marked too, and revelations uses the number 666.

Thank you.
        In Christianity the beast and the dajjal (antichrist) are synonomous with each other and the wicked accepting the mark of the beast
        In islam this is not the case not only is the beast completely different to the dajjal every human on the face of the earth will be marked by it with none escaping . The beast is not evil it is just an astounding creation of Allah. It will write believer on the pious and write disbeliever on the wicked
        Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

The Daabba (beast)

The task of the Daabba will be to distinguish the believers from the non-believers, with Prophet Moses عليه السلام staff (rod), the Daabba will draw a line on the forehead of every Believer whereby his face will become bright and luminous, and with the ring of Solomon عليه السلام, it will seal the nose of every Non-Believer whereby his whole face will become black. Thus, there will be complete distinction between the Muslim and non-Muslim, so that if many parties sit at a dinner table, the Muslim and non-Muslim will be distinguished. (Abu Huraira in Musnad Ahmad & Tirmizi)
          It was reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "The Beast of the Earth will emerge, and will have with it the rod of Moses and the ring of Solomon." It was also reported that he said, "(The Daabba) will destroy the noses of the unbelievers with the ring, - so people seated around one table will begin to address one another with the words "O Believer!" or "O Unbeliever!" (i e, everyone's status will become clear). (Ibn Maja)

The Daabba will stamp the Believer by writing "Mu'min" (faithful believer) between his eyes, and stamp the non-Believer by writing "Kafir" (unbeliever) between his eyes. (Abu Amru Uthman bin Saeed Ad-Dani's book As-Sunan Al-Waridah Fil-Fitan)

The Daabba will also talk to people. It will say, "Mankind had no faith in our revelations." (Ibn Kathir)
          Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            The Daabba (beast)

The task of the Daabba will be to distinguish the believers from the non-believers, with Prophet Moses عليه السلام staff (rod), the Daabba will draw a line on the forehead of every Believer whereby his face will become bright and luminous, and with the ring of Solomon عليه السلام, it will seal the nose of every Non-Believer whereby his whole face will become black. Thus, there will be complete distinction between the Muslim and non-Muslim, so that if many parties sit at a dinner table, the Muslim and non-Muslim will be distinguished. (Abu Huraira in Musnad Ahmad & Tirmizi)
            It was reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "The Beast of the Earth will emerge, and will have with it the rod of Moses and the ring of Solomon." It was also reported that he said, "(The Daabba) will destroy the noses of the unbelievers with the ring, - so people seated around one table will begin to address one another with the words "O Believer!" or "O Unbeliever!" (i e, everyone's status will become clear). (Ibn Maja)

The Daabba will stamp the Believer by writing "Mu'min" (faithful believer) between his eyes, and stamp the non-Believer by writing "Kafir" (unbeliever) between his eyes. (Abu Amru Uthman bin Saeed Ad-Dani's book As-Sunan Al-Waridah Fil-Fitan)

The Daabba will also talk to people. It will say, "Mankind had no faith in our revelations." (Ibn Kathir)
            Does it happen after the Quran is removed from earth though?

Comment

Originally posted by YouthThunder View Post
              Allahu alim I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by YouthThunder View Post

Comment

In Christianity the beast and the dajjal (antichrist) are synonomous with each other and the wicked accepting the mark of the beast
                  True, In revelations it also mentions two beasts, the first and then the second who basically succeeds the work of the first and orders a graven image be made of the first one (who was wounded by the sword yet lived) etc.

In islam this is not the case not only is the beast completely different to the dajjal every human on the face of the earth will be marked by it with none escaping . The beast is not evil it is just an astounding creation of Allah. It will write believer on the pious and write disbeliever on the wicked
                  Interesting, in Islam, what will be the signs (or how will you tell) of the dajjal (Antichrist)? Also, may I ask why Islam refers to the astounding creation of Allah as 'beast'? I always thought 'beast' was regarded by all peoples as a word synonymous for the opposite characteristics.

Thank you for reading
                  Josh
                  Last edited by Josh987654321; 17-02-16, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh987654321 View Post
                    True, In revelations it also mentions two beasts, the first and then the second who basically succeeds the work of the first and orders a graven image be made of the first one (who was wounded by the sword yet lived) etc.

Interesting, in Islam, what will be the signs (or how will you tell) of the dajjal (Antichrist)? Also, may I ask why Islam refers to the astounding creation of Allah as 'beast'? I always thought 'beast' was regarded by all peoples as a word synonymous for the opposite characteristics.

Thank you for reading
                    Josh
                    Assalama alaykoum Josh,

In the islam there is a description of the Dajjal (liar) and the beast. The description of the Dajjal is given by our prophet Muhammed (saw) and is 100% accurate. So there are some details given, in what he will say and what he will do and how he looks like and also every muslim literate or illiterate will read betwee his forhead (Ka Fa Ra) what means disbeliever. He will do things that only Allah (swt) can do so in reality he does not do the things but Allah (swt) does that as a trial for us, so it will be a severe tribulation not to follow him. Also our prophet said one eye of him is closed and pulls out or something like that and the other looks like a grape. He will be of middle height, will have curly hair, will be broad etc. A muslim will definitely recognise him and his faith will increase but however our prophet Muhammed (saw) warned us not to go to him. Because it so hard not to believe him especially those who have a faith but weak faith, note not every muslims faith is the same, some have strong faith, others have weak faith. But anyway there will be someone that goes to him and the Dajjal (liar) will say if I make your parents alive again will you believe me that I am your lord? He will say yes. So two devils in the form of his parents will appear and they will say he is your lord, so follow him. So he will be lost. You see that also nowadays, like Uri Geller claiming he talks with death relatives, but in reality he is talking with devils and he knows that, in islam this is known as sorcery and is the biggest sin in islam. Also the Dajjal (liar) will have a hell and paradise, in reality the hell is the paradise and the paradise is the hell. The one who rejects him, will be thrown in hell but in reality is paradise. Imagine you see that, you do not want to be burned. So you get scared and you follow him and you make the wrong descision because if you follow him you will end up in hellfire. That is why every prophet has warned us from him. Do not follow him, stay from him. No matter how strong the faith of the muslim is, you will be shaken because it is the biggest trial and tribulation from Adam (a.s) till the Day of judgement. So this was the description of the Dajjal (liar) and is a humanbeing to make it clear

Now here is the description of the beast but I do not know if it is authentic so it is possible the prophet said something like this or exactly like this or something else, it is written by a scholar, I do not say he maked it up because than you can not say it is scholar, but a scholar is a human and he makes mistakes: Ibn Jurayj reported that Ibn Az-Zubayr[ra] described the beast in such words, "Its head is like the head of a bull, its eyes are like the eyes of a pig, its ears are like the ears of an elephant, its horns are like the horns of a stag, its neck is like the neck of an ostrich, its chest is like the chest of a lion, its color is like the colour of a tiger, its haunches are like the haunches of a cat, its tail is like the tail of a ram, and its legs are like the legs of a camel. Between each pair of its joints is a distance of twelve cubits. It will bring out with it the staff of Musa and the ring of Sulayman. There will be no believer left without it making a white spot on his face, which will spread until all his face is shining white as a result; and there will be no disbeliever left without it making a black spot on his face, which will spread until all his face is black as a result, then when the people trade with one another in the marketplace, they will say, `How much is this, O believer' `How much is this, O disbeliever' And when the members of one household sit down together to eat, they will know who is a believer and who is a disbeliever. Then the beast will say: `O so-and-so, enjoy yourself, for you are among the people of Paradise.' And it will say: `O so-and-so, you are among the people of Hell,' But if i understanded your question clearly and correct the question if I am wrong you said this: why is it called a beast, while it has not the caracteristics of a beast? That I do not know 100% for sure but the most logical explanation would be, it has some kind of appearance of a beast if the description above is accurate. But it has a mind, so it can think it has no desires it is like an angel it strictly follows the commands of Allah (swt). I do not think Allah (swt) has considered as a low creation in His sight because He calls it the 'beast' but the logical explanation would be like I said above because of its appearance.

Hopefully Josh, I have answered your questions correctly and do not hestitate to ask more questions. I do not get tired answering questions. I love if people who do not know about islam and ask about it, so they might know the truth and falsehood, this is something very good indeed.
                    Last edited by hatim1337; 17-02-16, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X