Am I going to hell for being gay ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I going to hell for being gay ???

salam my brothers and sisters in islam , this my 1st post , and bcuz of it i joined this site .

***please keep in mind that it's a sensitive issue and some ppl are suffering from it .........

im a 21 y/o man , and im gay !

before u judge me let me tell u something about myself 1st , im from Jordan but grew up in Riyadh/Saudi Arabia until i finished school and i have a religious family , ever since i started to think about sex at the age of 14 "as any normal human do" im attracted to guys and i didn't think that there's a problem .

when i was 16 i started to notice that there is something not right in me ; cuz like any other teenagers my friends used to talk about girls pretty much all the time plus the religion class had a lesson about the ppl of Lut "qawm loot" and it included the punishment of homosexuality ( beheading ) . i started to feel like i have no dignity bcuz of what i am , and since the topic of sex is a red line in the arab culture , i had no one to talk to about about my confusion , i was miserable .

although i had a strong relation with Allah , i cried every night and prayed to Allah to change me , tried every way possible to feel a bit of attraction to women . right before my 17th birthday i tried to commit suicide several times , but i couldn't do it . i stopped trying after hearing a song on the radio that talks about being and how it is not a problem . this song helped me in not killing myself not the depression , even being more religious didn't help . i hated myself each time i looked in the mirror .

i moved to Jordan "where the public is a bit open" to continue my education at the age of 18 , and i started to feel like there is now escape and im heading to the depth of hell , so i stopped thinking about it and accepted the reality .

when i turned 20 i started to search for an answer to some Qs about homosexuality in another point of view other than the wahhabies' and it confused me even more , and found out that the holy Qur'an doesn't have a script that say kill the homosexual or who commit " lewat" , and the prophet "PBUH" too , which some say that he didn't say "kill the giver and the receiver" or it's not a reliable hadeeth (mawdoo') , and since i'm an adult now i decided to live my life , never get married , never commit adultery .

***just to clarify , i've never had a sexual action with anyone, literally***

now my questions are : is being homosexual punished by death or is it not ?
    and am i going to hell for that ?
    what is the true punishment of homosexuality ?

sorry for the long post , i'm 100% sure that there are a lot of ppl are suffering bcuz of it and having an answer will help them not to hurt themselves , and i would be happy
    to help them by this post .

Re: Am I going to hell for being gay ???

Pls don't commit suicide, it's a direct ticket to hellfire.

No you won't go to hell for being gay or having homosexual desires as long as you are fighting against them.
    Homosexuality is not accepted in Islam but the major sin is acting on those homosexual desires.
    Allah will decide where you go in the hereafter based on your faith + deeds/actions.

Those hadiths refer to ppl committing sodomy even those hadiths apply to a husband and a wife committing sodomy, it's hard to prove you need witnesses or confess I think. I think the hadiths referring to the punishment for sodomy are valid definitely not Mawdu (fabricated).

The Quran explicitly doesn't say to kill homosexuals or sodomites but Allah destroyed the men of Lot because they were engaged in sodomy among other things so don't go near sodomy or act on those unnatural gay desires (it's not normal you should try to stop liking males)

1. No you don't get punished for being homosexual, you have to hide those and not act on those homosexual desires
    2. No...just work on good deeds and follow Islam as long as you remain a Muslim you can go to Jannah
    3. Again no punishment for homosexuality but scholars say those who are caught doing gay or lesbian acts are liable for punishment, for sodomy the punishment is death according to many scholars but some scholars differ. Anyways it's for sharia judges to decide who gets punished or not. I think sodomy entails a punishment indeed it's worse than just fornication(sodomy itself can fall under fornication as well since its unlawful sex outside of marriage)which you can be lashed 100 times explicitly stated in the Quran

Read this article: http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm

Allah created males and females to be with one another not be with the same gender, it's a transgression to cross that limit and there's no such thing as gay marriage in Islam, islam only recognizes heterosexual marriages so don't accept homosexual marriages your iman is at stake don't let modernists fool you. Just keep fighting those homosexual desires and maybe one day you will be attracted to females. Read the Quran and abstain from Zina it's a huge sin that can land you in Jahannam.

May Allah help you in get rid of these unnatural desires.

---
    Also you know you can't have children with the same gender so its definitely unnatural..the opposite gender is like your other half
    http://www.islamfrominside.com/Pages...n%20Islam.html

“It is He who created you from a single soul, And made its mate of like nature in order that you might dwell with her in love....” (Quran 7:189)
    Last edited by Qiyamah; 05-03-16, 09:57 AM.

They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

Brother what you have is an abnormality; an imbalance of hormones.

basically the test on you is not to sin so as long as you do not put your 'gay' desires into practice and consider it the haram it is, and as long as you're not intentionally entertaining gay fantasies etc [inadvertent gay waswasa is excused] then there is no reason why you shouldn't go to heaven ...

Comment

Originally posted by Islamisgood View Post
        salam my brothers and sisters in islam , this my 1st post , and bcuz of it i joined this site .

***please keep in mind that it's a sensitive issue and some ppl are suffering from it .........

im a 21 y/o man , and im gay !

before u judge me let me tell u something about myself 1st , im from Jordan but grew up in Riyadh/Saudi Arabia until i finished school and i have a religious family , ever since i started to think about sex at the age of 14 "as any normal human do" im attracted to guys and i didn't think that there's a problem .

when i was 16 i started to notice that there is something not right in me ; cuz like any other teenagers my friends used to talk about girls pretty much all the time plus the religion class had a lesson about the ppl of Lut "qawm loot" and it included the punishment of homosexuality ( beheading ) . i started to feel like i have no dignity bcuz of what i am , and since the topic of sex is a red line in the arab culture , i had no one to talk to about about my confusion , i was miserable .

although i had a strong relation with Allah , i cried every night and prayed to Allah to change me , tried every way possible to feel a bit of attraction to women . right before my 17th birthday i tried to commit suicide several times , but i couldn't do it . i stopped trying after hearing a song on the radio that talks about being and how it is not a problem . this song helped me in not killing myself not the depression , even being more religious didn't help . i hated myself each time i looked in the mirror .

i moved to Jordan "where the public is a bit open" to continue my education at the age of 18 , and i started to feel like there is now escape and im heading to the depth of hell , so i stopped thinking about it and accepted the reality .

when i turned 20 i started to search for an answer to some Qs about homosexuality in another point of view other than the wahhabies' and it confused me even more , and found out that the holy Qur'an doesn't have a script that say kill the homosexual or who commit " lewat" , and the prophet "PBUH" too , which some say that he didn't say "kill the giver and the receiver" or it's not a reliable hadeeth (mawdoo') , and since i'm an adult now i decided to live my life , never get married , never commit adultery .

***just to clarify , i've never had a sexual action with anyone, literally***

now my questions are : is being homosexual punished by death or is it not ?
        and am i going to hell for that ?
        what is the true punishment of homosexuality ?

sorry for the long post , i'm 100% sure that there are a lot of ppl are suffering bcuz of it and having an answer will help them not to hurt themselves , and i would be happy
        to help them by this post .
        If you die a Muslim then sooner or later you will enter Jannah. If you die a kaffir you will never exit the fire.

So avoid this sin as much as possible and if you fall into any sin, repent.
        Humiliating people in the name of religion is the practice of someone deprived of the first fruit of religion, humility.-Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Instead of crying visit a doctor my friend !
          You have a physical or mental disorder.
          There is no problem you can be cured.

Allah does not send you to the hell because of your disorders.
          Take it easy and do not fear just visit a doctor you should be checked.

And if you have done something wrong just repent and do not tell anyone. Allah is forgiver and merciful.

But you do need medical treatments.
          Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Everyone desires things that are haram. Me I crave burger king. Your haram desires are a little different that's all. Be patient suppress them and do not act upon them.
            Seek help with patience and prayer
            Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Am I going to hell for being gay ???

Cry your heart out to Allah azzawajal, tell him to make you a good Muslim and to help you avoid what is haram. Indulge yourself in constant ibadah to suppress these evil thoughts, may Allah make you successful.
              The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Allah never said life is easy nor his trial and tribulation are of the happy kind., but he tailors trials and tribulations for those who are able to bare them.
                Your trials are nothing compared to the trial of Josef (AS), Ibrahim (AS) and Muhamed (SAW). it is a little pinch on the skin if compared to trials faced by Muslims in Palestine and Syria.
                If you submit to Allah in your suffering it is he who will elevate your status.

Comment

You won't go to hell because you have gay feelings, but don't act upon them, lower your gaze...and inshallah maybe get help, could be hormones ...who knows...
                  Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim.

Don't act on those desires, as those actions are haram. But just by feeling those desires, you haven't done anything wrong.

This is one of the trials in your life, I am not saying it will be easy, but you have to do your best to not think about those thoughts.

May Allah azzawajal strengthen you.
                    Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim. (O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

Comment

"Satan promises them and arouses desire in them. But Satan does not promise them except delusion.
                      The refuge of those will be Hell, and they will not find from it an escape.
                      But as for those who believe and do good works We shall bring them into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. It is a promise from Allah in truth; and who can be more truthful than Allah in utterance."
                      (4:120-123)

To be a believer, one must not identify himself according to a sin he has committed or wants to commit.

There also many things one can do to protect oneself from Shaytan and his influence in arousing gay desires.
                      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Burger king is haram?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans9 View Post
                          Burger king is haram?!
                          If the meat is haraam, then yes.
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

noooooo i love burgerking its the only food i get :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Hans9 View Post
                              noooooo i love burgerking its the only food i get :'(
                              You won't die.
                              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X