The first mention of Three/Four Category Tawheed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first mention of Three/Four Category Tawheed

Clearly the 3 Category Tawheed is not mentioned in quran and sunnah.
    There is no mention of prophet pbuh teaching sahaba by saying tawheed uluhiyah tawheed rububiya tawheed asma wa sifaat. He called to Allah Alone.
    That Allah alone should be worshiped(uluhiya), that to Whom belongs the Dominion(Rububiyah) and to Him belongs all beautiful names(Sifaat) is mentioned in quran without doubt. But what i mean is the three category by names.

And why did prophet pbuh not make this category? The religion is complete!

When is the 3 Category Tawheed made and by who?

3 Category:
    Tawheed Uluhiyah
    Tawheed Rububiya
    Tawheed Asma wa sifaat

According to others there is Fourth:
    Tawheed Hakimiyyah( To rule only by Allah's Law)
    Last edited by ForeverMonotheist1; 28-01-16, 01:44 AM.

Re: The first mention of Three/Four Category Tawheed

I heard from a Shaykh that Abu Haneefah Rahimahullah mentioned Rububiyyah and Uloohiyyah, and he was possibly the first.

It's a way to understand Tawheed so I don't understand why it's such a big issue to people.

Comment

There is nothing new about this If I was to ask you about these categories you'd agree, because it's all based from qur'an and sunnah. It's like fiqh, prior to Imam Abu Haneefah rh, fiqh wasn't categorized like it is today "kitaab taharah" "kitaab salah" etc.etc. When the Prophet was alive, the sahabah could go directly to him and ask about anything. Later knowledge had to be preserved, documented and categorized and alhamdulillah it's by those scholars effort that 'ilm has been made easy for us to access.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
        Clearly the 3 Category Tawheed is not mentioned in quran and sunnah.
        There is no mention of prophet pbuh teaching sahaba by saying tawheed uluhiyah tawheed rububiya tawheed asma wa sifaat. He called to Allah Alone.
        That Allah alone should be worshiped(uluhiya), that to Whom belongs the Dominion(Rububiyah) and to Him belongs all beautiful names(Sifaat) is mentioned in quran without doubt. But what i mean is the three category by names.

And why did prophet pbuh not make this category? The religion is complete!

When is the 3 Category Tawheed made and by who?

3 Category:
        Tawheed Uluhiyah
        Tawheed Rububiya
        Tawheed Asma wa sifaat

According to others there is Fourth:
        Tawheed Hakimiyyah( To rule only by Allah's Law)
        Thats actually a very good question akhi. I remember this question was answered to me before, although I do not remember the answer. I think you should look into Sh. Yasir Qadhi's "Fundamentals of Faith" series on Youtube and that might help answer the question. Although, I do not think the answer is found in the video, rather a student of YQ told me the answer, if my memory tells me correctly.

The categorical approach to understanding Allah swt divine names and attributes, the essence of worshiping may be divided into four categories or three categories. This is an academic study of it I believe.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by brothernd View Post
          Thats actually a very good question akhi. I remember this question was answered to me before, although I do not remember the answer. I think you should look into Sh. Yasir Qadhi's "Fundamentals of Faith" series on Youtube and that might help answer the question. Although, I do not think the answer is found in the video, rather a student of YQ told me the answer, if my memory tells me correctly.

The categorical approach to understanding Allah swt divine names and attributes, the essence of worshiping may be divided into four categories or three categories. This is an academic study of it I believe.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
          Agreed. Its made to understand Oneness of Allah better. But iam cautious to call it by its names, Three Tawheed. This term was unheard of in the time of sahaba.

Originally posted by Muslimah~S View Post
          I heard from a Shaykh that Abu Haneefah Rahimahullah mentioned Rububiyyah and Uloohiyyah, and he was possibly the first.

It's a way to understand Tawheed so I don't understand why it's such a big issue to people.

Yeah its a way of understanding it, but iam cautious to call it three tawheed because it sounds like a mentioning of something that was unheard of.

For example let say i went back to the sahaba by time machine and asked me : what is tawheed uluhiyah, tawheed rububiyah and tawheed asma up sifaat.
          There is chance i would be stop to categories it like that and just say "Tawheed" Oneness of Allah.

But if i mentioned to them 1) Only Allah must be worshipped, 2) He is the Lord of the worlds, the dominion belongs to him alone, 3) To Him belongs Beautiful names ad attributes. Then ofcourse they agree because its mentioned in Quran.

I feel like its better that people say this category is made to understand tawheed better and that prophet pbuh never taught the sahaba by using exact the same category

Comment

Terms may be invented, doesn't mean what the terms are being invented for is new.

Like tajweed. Or aqeedah.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

As far as I know there weren't any Sunnat e Muakkada, Sunnat Ghayr Muakkada or Wajib either. There was Fardh and Nawafil only.
              Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                Terms may be invented, doesn't mean what the terms are being invented for is new.

that word is mentioned in the qur'an

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
                  Agreed. Its made to understand Oneness of Allah better. But iam cautious to call it by its names, Three Tawheed. This term was unheard of in the time of sahaba.
                  First of all, there is no such thing as three tawheed. It's three categories of tawheed. No one understood tawhid better than the sahabah rady'Allahu 'anhum and that is obvious since they were the best of people and had the best teacher .. They may not have known the terms or used them, but they were more familiar with their content than anyone else. Tawhid/aqidah is a very delicate subject and it is strictly taken from the correct sources. Everything is backed up by evidence, so I don't see what the problem is.

If you only want to use the terms they (sahabah) used then there are many more terms that you have to ditch.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                    I don't like to argue, so I'll make it short:

No.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

I don't like to argue, so I'll make it short:

No.
                      The Arabic word ‘aqeedah stems from the root ‘aqada, which conveys meanings of certainty, affirmation, confirmation, etc. In the Qur’aan, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
                      لَا يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللَّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا عَقَّدتُّمُ الْأَيْمَانَ
                      Allah will not impose blame upon you for what is meaningless in your oaths, but He will impose blame upon you for [breaking] what you intended of oaths. (05:89)

The principles of ‘aqeedah are those which Allaah has commanded us to believe in, as mentioned in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):
                      آمَنَ الرَّسُولُ بِمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِ مِن رَّبِّهِ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ كُلٌّ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَمَلآئِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّن رُّسُلِهِ وَقَالُواْ سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا غُفْرَانَكَ رَبَّنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ
                      "The Messenger believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allaah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers. They say, ‘We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers’ – and they say, ‘We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all).’" (2:285)

https://islamqa.info/en/951

Comment

لَا يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللَّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا عَقَّدتُّمُ الْأَيْمَانَ https://islamqa.info/en/951

No it isn't.

Comment

No it isn't.

Comment

Yes, give your self a facepalm because of your failure, you deserve it.

Comment

Yes, give your self a facepalm because of your failure, you deserve it.
                              You are not very smart

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X