Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying in clothes with image of hand or paw print

:salams

Is it sinful to wear clothing that has a picture of hands (only the hands - no other body part or face) or a paw print during prayer? Does it invalidate the prayer?

:jkk:
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Re: Praying in clothes with image of hand or paw print

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
    :salams

Is it sinful to wear clothing that has a picture of hands (only the hands - no other body part or face) or a paw print during prayer? Does it invalidate the prayer?

:jkk:
    Here's a summary of the only thing I could find (sorry I couldn't find anything more specific):
    http://islamqa.info/en/161211

If the garments in which one is praying are free of images or haraam words, but they have decorations or shapes or other words, the ruling on them depends:
    If they are things that catch the eye and one thinks it most likely that they will distract the worshippers who see them and make them think too much about them, then it is makrooh to pray in these garments, because it is proven that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade anything that will distract one when praying, as it says in the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her):

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) prayed in a garment that had markings, and he glanced at its markings. When he finished praying, he said: “Take this garment of mine to Abu Jahm, and bring me the plain garment of Abu Jahm, because it distracted me just now when I was praying.”

But if those decorations and words – so long as they are not haraam – are insignificant and the worshippers will not pay attention to them, or if there are things that people usually have on their clothes in such a way that they will not distract the one who looks at them, then it is not makrooh to pray in them because the reason for it being makrooh is not present in this case.

Harb said:

I asked Ishaaq about praying on a cloth – What do you think about praying on a cloth with green markings and stripes?

He said: It is permissible.

End quote from Fath al-Baari by Ibn Rajab, 2/206

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X