Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is a Kufr?

this is my first ever post on this forum:D so salam everyone, I'm ElRafa
    I'm personally not sure about this issue and i have thought about it at depth now for a while.
    If i could have some guidance or some of your opinions then i will listen with an open mind to all Inshallah.

Who is a Kufr? ive read a little on this.
    It seems there are different opinions amidst the ummah and even the scholars.
    Some say it is any non muslim regardless of whether they knew, didn't know or had a limited understanding of Islam.
    Some say it is someone who doesn't follow their particular sect or interpretation of Islam, including secular/ lenient muslims
    Some say it is someone who knew about Islam, understood and denied.
    Some even say that its only applicable to someone who knew Islam was the truth but denied it for worldly reasons out of arrogance.
    Each of them seem to have some evidence and good points.
    but even some of my muslim friends seem to differ greatly on this.
    Please advise and share your ideas
    Jazakallah

Re: Who Is a Kufr?

Either you are a Muslim or Kaafir

It is He who created you, and among you is the Kaafir, and among you is the believer. And Allah , of what you do, is Seeing.

[Qur'aan 64:2]
    Watch those eyes

Comment

الكفر كله ملة واحدة

Al-Kufr is one Millah

اليهوديّ يرث النّصرانيّ

والنّصرانيّ يرث اليهودي

The Jew inherits from the Christian

The Christian inherits from the Jew

But the Muslim does not inherit from any of them nor do they inherit from him.
      Watch those eyes

Comment

Generally Kufr is a relative concept. Kufr means covering something. About one issue I may be a kafir relative to you for example.

There is another concept in fiqh about Kufr which makes someone unclean for example denying Allah. Then some Kuffars deserve hell in the other world without any doubt. However hell is not just for kuffars. Hypocrites are also in hell. Also sins make someone to go to hell.

We have Ahlul Kitab, Muslim, Kafir and Mushrik in Quran. Mushriks and Kafirs who deny Allah or believe it has partners are unclean.
        Last edited by ALAS; 25-12-15, 01:19 PM.
        Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Originally posted by ElRafa View Post
          I'm personally not sure about this issue and i have thought about it at depth now for a while.
          If i could have some guidance or some of your opinions then i will listen with an open mind to all Inshallah.

Some say it is any non muslim regardless of whether they knew, didn't know or had a limited understanding of Islam.
          Some say it is someone who doesn't follow their particular sect or interpretation of Islam, including secular/ lenient muslims
          Some even say that its only applicable to someone who knew Islam was the truth but denied it for worldly reasons out of arrogance.
          Jazakallah
          walikumsalam wr wb, welcome

Kufr means Rejection and Kafir is a Rejector or a Disbeliever . That's exactly opposite to Islam and Muslim, where submission to the will of Allah is the Must.

Clear Kufr or Big Kufr is denying Allah as our Rab or denying his commandments.
          My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by ElRafa View Post

Jazakallah
            there is no difference of opinion that all non-muslims are kaafir

the only difference that exists is what sort of non-muslims will be a kaafir with Allah and that we leave with Allah for that is matter of judging heart

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X