• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almuwahhid23
    replied
    Originally posted by Umar123 View Post
    Re: Question for those who hate Kuffar

We hate them for the sake of Allah, its called Al Wala' Wal Bara'
    That's True, and also one of the reasons why people start to hate another group of People is because they lived something bad with one of them, even though they used to love them and respect them before, but you cannot control your heart. I myself make baraa from my own nation because of their disbelief in Allah just like Ibrahim a.s did (surah 60, ayah 4), let alone nations like America who kill our Muslims and rape our women.
    Even though I dont like these people, that doesnt mean I will not be kind to those who dont fight against Muslims.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• almuwahhid23
    replied
    Originally posted by ConstantineAS95 View Post

Can a Muslim say I hate Italians for the sake of allah because they’re kuffar? Also I hate the Chinese for their belief of ancestral religion? Islamqa refers to Jews and Yazidis as ethnic groups and strongly imply they insult allah by saying ethnicity is religion? How is that an insult and how is it shirk to believe your ethnicity is your religion?
    We dont hate people based on their nationality. Islam is the only religion which forbids racism.

The prophet saw said: an arab has no superiority over a non arab, and a non arab has no superiority over an arab except by a good deed.

He also said that the believers in their mercy and kindness towards eachother are like one body. If one part of its body is ill than entire body shares its illness.

​​​

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ConstantineAS95
    replied
    Originally posted by Umar123 View Post

We hate them for the sake of Allah, its called Al Wala' Wal Bara'
    Can a Muslim say I hate Italians for the sake of allah because they’re kuffar? Also I hate the Chinese for their belief of ancestral religion? Islamqa refers to Jews and Yazidis as ethnic groups and strongly imply they insult allah by saying ethnicity is religion? How is that an insult and how is it shirk to believe your ethnicity is your religion?

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
    You both are so mean , be nice the OP will be unbanned :insha:
    Nope. Not now. (Not counting the :insha:)

Leave a comment:

• `Abd al-Azeez
    replied

Originally posted by JerryMyers View Post
    Careful, Mufti, there are people here who might label you as kaffir-lover for what you have said !! But you are right. In its true sense, we hate the act of sinning ie. in this case, disbelief/kufr and not the sinners. However, the line between the sin and the sinner is so thin that the sin and the sinner is always seen as one. Thus its a natural instinct that we hate the sinner (for their act of kufr) just as how the court of laws would 'punish' a murderer for his/her act of murdering. Salam.
    you are right so let me say a few words about that

'we hate only a little' is what one great Scholar said so we hate them but a little [as if we hate them too much we could do injustice against them or wouldn't want them to be saved]

and the 'love' for them is as follows:

The reality is that Islam teaches moderation. It allows Muslims to have a good relationship with non-Muslims but to a certain limit.

1) Muwalat or Mawadda: This means to have close and intimate relationship and deep love and affection from one’s heart for a non-Muslim such that it makes a Muslim unmindful of his faith. At times, it might even shape up as an impediment and hinder a believer from carrying out his/her religious duties – since ‘deep intimacy’ makes one blind and thus could result in undermining one’s religious duties.

This Mawadda is reserved only for Muslims; hence it is not permitted for a Muslim to have this type of friendship with non-Muslims. The verses of the Qur’an prohibiting Muslims from having intimate and close friendship with non-Muslims, especially the first verse of Surah al-Mumtahina, is regarding this kind of relationship.

The beloved Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), who was sent as a mercy for the whole of mankind, demonstrated such kindness, compassion, generosity and politeness towards non-Muslims that it is difficult to find similar examples in history.

http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/4940

Leave a comment:

• JerryMyers
    replied

Originally posted by `Abd al-Azeez View Post

so in a nutshell, we hate the sin but love the sinner! ;)
    Careful, Mufti, there are people here who might label you as kaffir-lover for what you have said !! But you are right. In its true sense, we hate the act of sinning ie. in this case, disbelief/kufr and not the sinners. However, the line between the sin and the sinner is so thin that the sin and the sinner is always seen as one. Thus its a natural instinct that we hate the sinner (for their act of kufr) just as how the court of laws would 'punish' a murderer for his/her act of murdering. Salam.

Leave a comment:

• `Abd al-Azeez
    replied

so in a nutshell, we hate the sin but love the sinner! ;)

Leave a comment:

• JerryMyers
    replied

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
    I settle my case dude.

I hate the enemies of Islam, those whom fight the Muslims, tho there are those whom re non combantant, those I hate their kufr, but I'd like them to get guided.

complicated matter. Just treat them with compassion and stuff like that, without befriending them..

May Allah grant us the correct knowledge. Ameen.

Idk if I am wrong, but we hate their kufr (the normal non muslims) but we do not hate them personally or insult them etc.

But we do hate those who fight us.

Imagine Abu Jahl, would you not hate him?
    It is when their kufr makes their action hate Islam and go against Islam, I hate the person.

I hate the Enemies of Allah, cuz what is an enemy to Allah is an enemy to me. Those who oppose Allah, I hate them.

How can you not hate someone who opposes the one you love?
    May Allah forgive me for whatever I've said. Ameen

I am not too knowledgeable. But we do not hate every kafir personally because of their belief. It is when they hate Islam we hate them. I guess.. Allahu alam.

May Allah correct me if I am wrong. Whatever bad I say, is from me, whatever good I say, is thanks to Allah. And ameen to the duas I made....
    Dude, like I said - you got it. May Allah guides us all to the straight path. Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

Well, you did not answer my question directly but I think you finally got it - we should HATE kufr and disbelief for what it is AND anyone who openly project kufr that is they fight us for our belief and faith in Allah. ‘Fight’ here does not mean physical fight but it can be by any other means like they mock the Prophet thru caricatures or they make negative statements (due to their ignorance) about Allah, the Muslims or the Prophet in social medias. When that happen, then its our responsibility to ‘fight’ them back, that is, correct their wrong understanding of Islam NOT hurl insults at them or disrespect their faith as matter concerning faiths is not for us to judge but that privilege only belongs to Allah. Allah clearly mentioned this in Surah Al-Anaam Verse 108 “And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair-seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do.”
    I settle my case dude.

I hate the enemies of Islam, those whom fight the Muslims, tho there are those whom re non combantant, those I hate their kufr, but I'd like them to get guided.

complicated matter. Just treat them with compassion and stuff like that, without befriending them..

May Allah grant us the correct knowledge. Ameen.

Idk if I am wrong, but we hate their kufr (the normal non muslims) but we do not hate them personally or insult them etc.

But we do hate those who fight us.

Imagine Abu Jahl, would you not hate him?
    It is when their kufr makes their action hate Islam and go against Islam, I hate the person.

I hate the Enemies of Allah, cuz what is an enemy to Allah is an enemy to me. Those who oppose Allah, I hate them.

How can you not hate someone who opposes the one you love?
    May Allah forgive me for whatever I've said. Ameen

I am not too knowledgeable. But we do not hate every kafir personally because of their belief. It is when they hate Islam we hate them. I guess.. Allahu alam.

May Allah correct me if I am wrong. Whatever bad I say, is from me, whatever good I say, is thanks to Allah. And ameen to the duas I made....

Leave a comment:

• JerryMyers
    replied

Well.. I think we got it wrong.

Look we should HATE kufr and disbelief.

Like I don't hate a person just because he believes in something else. Rather I hate their disbelief, and the fact that they don't recognize Allah.

hmm.... Interesting.

None would hate Islam if they got the right knowledge.

IT is just that LOVING their kufr is logically and spiritually impossible if you have Imaan. That doesn't mean I go and revile them and spit in their face. Some are ignorant etc. Even if they have a different belief, I still treat them in a humane way. Though I invite them towards Islam, I am not responsible for whether they accept or not. I am not obliged to force anyone. That is against Islam.

I can not control what they hate or love.
    Well if they hate me just because I believe in Allah, then I suggest themselves to answer themselves for why they do so?

If someone insults The Prophet Muhammad SAW or Allah, do you think I am just going to stand there and accept?
    I'd say. They can hate all they want. As long as they don't insult my Religion.
    I hate kufr, and disbelief. But I do not disrespect or insult their religion.
    I hate and despise the aspect of kufr.

My hatred for a person depends on their kufr and opposition against Islam. I don't kill people because their belief is different from mine....

But that barrier, or hatred for what they believe should be there, otherwise you would be like one of them. Cause if you don't hate their disbelief, then you might aswell be like them.

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

[MENTION=134709]JerryMyers[/MENTION]

I also want to say that sometimes hatred with hatred won't solve anything. Yes we should hate them for their disbelief.

But sometimes, we also have to show them how merciful Islam is and come back with something that is better whenever they try to attack us. While still hating them of course.

Cause if a disbeliever was to call upon Allah alone without associating any partners with Him SWT. Then be sure that Allah responds the call of the caller.

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

I can see some sense in what you said but I guess it boils down to your interpretation of ‘hate’. My understanding (which is not entirely derived on my own) of the phrase ‘hate those disbelievers who fight you’ is that you can be nice to anyone but you should not support or even show your support to anyone or activities/celebrations that reflect beliefs in other gods other than Allah and you SHOULD HATE (ie. extreme dislike) those who openly and knowingly oppose you in your belief in Allah. Hopefully, you can understand what I am trying to say, but maybe this might help if I reverse the question and ask you ‘Should the kaffirs hate the Muslims for just and only because the Muslims believe in Allah and the Quran?’ Hopefully you will answer that honestly.
    Well.. I think we got it wrong.

Look we should HATE kufr and disbelief.

Like I don't hate a person just because he believes in something else. Rather I hate their disbelief, and the fact that they don't recognize Allah.

hmm.... Interesting.

None would hate Islam if they got the right knowledge.

IT is just that LOVING their kufr is logically and spiritually impossible if you have Imaan. That doesn't mean I go and revile them and spit in their face. Some are ignorant etc. Even if they have a different belief, I still treat them in a humane way. Though I invite them towards Islam, I am not responsible for whether they accept or not. I am not obliged to force anyone. That is against Islam.

I can not control what they hate or love.
    Well if they hate me just because I believe in Allah, then I suggest themselves to answer themselves for why they do so?

If someone insults The Prophet Muhammad SAW or Allah, do you think I am just going to stand there and accept?
    I'd say. They can hate all they want. As long as they don't insult my Religion.
    I hate kufr, and disbelief. But I do not disrespect or insult their religion.
    I hate and despise the aspect of kufr.

My hatred for a person depends on their kufr and opposition against Islam. I don't kill people because their belief is different from mine....

But that barrier, or hatred for what they believe should be there, otherwise you would be like one of them. Cause if you don't hate their disbelief, then you might aswell be like them.
    Last edited by Serinity; 30-12-15, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JerryMyers
    replied

The way I understand it, you can hate them, but still wish good for them.

Study the seerah of the Prophet SAW, he SAW was the living Quran. Even when the enemies threw stones at him, he still wished good for them.

It is natural to love what is good.

You can hate a kafir for their disbelief, but still wish good for them. By trying to dig 'their good side' up.

Still learning on how to hate and love for the sake of Allah. ;)

As I understand it till now is, that you can not love the enemies of Islam like you love Allah and His messengers AS.

If you truly believe, then it is logically and spiritually impossible for you to love kafirs the same way you love Allah, His messengers AS, and the believers.

There are stages of love. And stages of hate.

There are enemies of Islam, and there are non muslims who do not fight you because of religion. etc. and etc.

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

Dude, I can appreciate what you are trying to say but topics like the kuffar are nothing new so, what makes you think that my understandings of certain topics such as this thread topic are all my own understandings and not without consultations with various ulamas who have spent a major part of their lives studying and understanding the Quran and the hadiths ? But I do understand that ulamas, no matter how qualified they think they are, they are still normal humans and not prophets, thus their understandings might not necessarily be right all the times. So, as I have said, if you disagree with my (and the ulamas I consulted with) understandings, then you should explain or clarify your understandings and reasoning with references to the Quran or/and authentic hadiths else how are we going to move forward and improve our understanding in this topic discussion ? Isn’t that how discussions suppose to be ? I never say I am qualified so, educate me but don’t quote me a Quranic verse and say its an encouragement for Muslims to hate the kuffar when any true Muslim, other than the likes of ISIS, know very well there is no such verse in the Quran that encourage Muslims to hate ALL the disbelievers. But I can be wrong so, if there is one, please quote it and explain it.
    The way I understand it, you can hate them, but still wish good for them.

Study the seerah of the Prophet SAW, he SAW was the living Quran. Even when the enemies threw stones at him, he still wished good for them.

It is natural to love what is good.

You can hate a kafir for their disbelief, but still wish good for them. By trying to dig 'their good side' up.

Still learning on how to hate and love for the sake of Allah. ;)

As I understand it till now is, that you can not love the enemies of Islam like you love Allah and His messengers AS.

If you truly believe, then it is logically and spiritually impossible for you to love kafirs the same way you love Allah, His messengers AS, and the believers.

There are stages of love. And stages of hate.

There are enemies of Islam, and there are non muslims who do not fight you because of religion. etc. and etc.
    Last edited by Serinity; 30-12-15, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JerryMyers
    replied

Dude, trying to understand the Quran yourself, and DERIVING conclusions and rulings, THAT you can not do. Cuz you are not qualified. Nor am I.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X