Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you do sadaqa, is it better to forget or remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you do sadaqa, is it better to forget or remember?

salams

Is it better to let yourself forget about the charity you do, or to think and reflect on it?

I have always assumed that if you think about it a lot you will become pleased with yourself and arrogant and then might lose the reward for it. but what does the islamic evidence say about that?

jzk
    I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!
    Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Re: When you do sadaqa, is it better to forget or remember?

:wswrwb:

I once heard from a shaykh that the idea of the left hand not knowing what the right gave (may not be correct wording) also means you give it and forget about it. For example, you set up a standing order and don't pay attention to it.

With zakah, you need to keep a record of things though.

Nowadays you can see your donations if you have an account with the charity which I don't like.

Comment

Salam

Forgetting is better. if you reminded the receiver of your help or charity its a big sin and will spoil the rewards. From my weak memory Allah will not look with mercy at such people ( I think )
      My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

The only instance I can think of where it would be good to remember an act of charity is when citing it to Allah Ta'aalaa during du'aa in the manner of the three who were trapped in the cave. They each made du'aa for the boulder to be moved from the mouth of the cave, by recalling a sincere deed they did for Allah Ta'aalaa alone.
        One was related to scrupulousness/sadaqah.

Ie: "Oh Allah, if you are aware that I gave this in sadaqah for your sake alone, then do grant..." Such and such.
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X