Advice on what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on what to do

Hello , so a couple of months ago i was friends with a muslim sister for about 8 months , we pretty much talked every day and had a lot of fun , one day however she mentioned that i never was her friend and that i always was suspicious ,she says that she only talked to me cause it was convenient for her but now i'm useless , she never hinted to that , and before that she always said that i was dear to her so this came as a surprise , needless to say i was angry and said bad things to her because i felt betrayed and lied to. i regret what i said and wanted us to be friends again so i apologized but she didn't want to talk ever again to me, so i sent her ahadiths from the prophet about brotherhood in islam like 'It is not permissible for a man to be estranged from a believer for more than three days. If three days have passed, then he should go and give Salaam to him; if he returns the Salaam then both of them will have a share in the reward, and if he does not respond then the one who gave Salaam will be absolved of the sin of estrangement' , she told me that she doesn't beleive and to stop talking to her about allah or the prophet, i was again surprised by her response so i asked her on why she fasts then , she told that it doesn't concern me. this is really confusing to me what should i do to make her come back to her senses ?
    Last edited by sunhai; 14-11-15, 06:33 AM.

Re: Advice on what to do

I would say leave her alone. You shouldnt push such things on her, it will only makes it worst.
    Quran 45:23-24

Comment

'It is not permissible for a man to be estranged from a believer for more than three days. If three days have passed, then he should go and give Salaam to him; if he returns the Salaam then both of them will have a share in the reward, and if he does not respond then the one who gave Salaam will be absolved of the sin of estrangement'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this hadith refers to family. Because no one actually makes it a habit of making sure people meet up every three days. Every Muslim knows many Muslims, so I doubt every Muslim makes it a part of their weekly schedule to make sure they make plans for coffee with the thousands of Muslims they know.

But to answer your question, just find a different friend.

Comment

this hadith talks about brothers in faith , the 3 days refer to twomuslims not talking to each other because of a fight/disagreement here is another hadith Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "Do not hate one another, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert each other, and O, Allah's worshipers! Be brothers. Lo! It is not permissible for any Muslim to desert (not talk to) his brother (Muslim) for more than three days."

Comment

Originally posted by sunhai View Post
          Hello , so a couple of months ago i was friends with a muslim sister for about 8 months , we pretty much talked every day and had a lot of fun , one day however she mentioned that i never was her friend and that i always was suspicious ,she says that she only talked to me cause it was convenient for her but now i'm useless , she never hinted to that , and before that she always said that i was dear to her so this came as a surprise , needless to say i was angry and said bad things to her because i felt betrayed and lied to. i regret what i said and wanted us to be friends again so i apologized but she didn't want to talk ever again to me, so i sent her ahadiths from the prophet about brotherhood in islam like 'It is not permissible for a man to be estranged from a believer for more than three days. If three days have passed, then he should go and give Salaam to him; if he returns the Salaam then both of them will have a share in the reward, and if he does not respond then the one who gave Salaam will be absolved of the sin of estrangement' , she told me that she doesn't beleive and to stop talking to her about allah or the prophet, i was again surprised by her response so i asked her on why she fasts then , she told that it doesn't concern me. this is really confusing to me what should i do to make her come back to her senses ?
          She is obviously not interested in your friendship. Pray for her and get over her
          Love God and love others

Comment

Originally posted by sunhai View Post
            Akhi my teacher told
            Me
            All these relationships are useless
            And you will be used as "pass time"
            Don't waste your time on trying to get to "know" a girl so you can get married to we afterwards
            It's one of the biggest misconception of Shaytaan
            At the end you pile up loads of sin
            And she just leaves you
            And Shaytaan just sits there and laughs at you
            For making a fool out of yourself

Comment

If you're a brother then you shouldn't be talking to her in the first place and I would suggest you leave it where it is.

If you're a sister then I don't think she's someone worth befriending based on what you've told us about her.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X