Question regarding salat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding salat

After you recite Fatiha, how do you know how many ayat or which ayat to recite?

I've been reciting short surat for now because I'm not sure like if I could read say ayat 24:30-31 for my second and fourth recitation.
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Re: Question regarding salat

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post

I've been reciting short surat for now because I'm not sure like if I could read say ayat 24:30-31 for my second and fourth recitation.
    You can read short or long suras.

I don't understand what you mean by your second and forth recitations ?
    I have left you on a clear path, its night is like its day. None stray from it except he is destroyed.

Comment

Majority of the schokars agree that the minimum of ayats needed to be recited after Fatiha is three small ayats or one big ayat (e.g. some ayat are about half a page to a page long). You can recite as much as you like and you can recite from wherever you wish - beginning, middle, end, etc, however within the same Surah you have to maintain the order.

Comment

:salams

It is Sunnah to recite the following Surah for fardh salaah in first two rakats:

Fajr and Dhuhr: any Surah from Surah Al-Hujuraat to Surah Al-Burooj
        'Asr and 'Isha: any Surah from Surah At-Taariq to Surah Al-Bayyina
        Maghrib: any Surah from Surah al-Zalzalah to An-Naas

However, the minimum is three shorts verses or one long verse. But, you can recite any Surah that you know. They should be in order of how they appear in the Qur'an (for example: Surah Falaq in first rakat, then Surah Naas). And, the recitation in first rakaat should be longer than the recitation in second rakat (for example: reciting Surah 'Asr in first rakat then Surah al-Ikhlaas in second rakat).
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          :salams

It is Sunnah to recite the following Surah for fardh salaah in first two rakats:

Fajr and Dhuhr: any Surah from Surah Al-Hujuraat to Surah Al-Burooj
          'Asr and 'Isha: any Surah from Surah At-Taariq to Surah Al-Bayyina
          Maghrib: any Surah from Surah al-Zalzalah to An-Naas

However, the minimum is three shorts verses or one long verse. But, you can recite any Surah that you know. They should be in order of how they appear in the Qur'an (for example: Surah Falaq in first rakat, then Surah Naas). And, the recitation in first rakaat should be longer than the recitation in second rakat (for example: reciting Surah 'Asr in first rakat then Surah al-Ikhlaas in second rakat).
          About the order of the Quran, there is a difference of opinion. Some say it is permissible because the prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) once in the prayer read Al-baqarah, then Al-Nisa then A'l Imran which are not in order. .

Comment

I should have mentioned, what I wrote was according to Hanafi fiqh.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

I posted this question for Abu Musab last night in his Q&A, i'll upload his answer in a bit, once my tablet has charged up,
              Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                I should have mentioned, what I wrote was according to Hanafi fiqh.
                Prophet saw over rides hanifi fiqh all day every day

jzkh

Comment

there is a difference of opinion in Hanafi fiqh; some say order must be maintained in fardh salaah and that this is wajib and others say it should be maintained but if not then prayer is still valid

Comment

in the 3rd and fourfth rakaahs of fardh salaahs there is no surahs after faatihah although you can read it if you want

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                      Prophet saw over rides hanifi fiqh all day every day

jzkh
                      Hanafi fiqh just like shafiee, Hanbali and Maaliki is the rulings of the Prophet [saw], reached by expert interpretation! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Peace4mankind View Post
                        Hanafi fiqh just like shafiee, Hanbali and Maaliki is the rulings of the Prophet [saw], reached by expert interpretation! ;)
                        attempts, they are attempts and not necessarily correct

Once we know Prophet saw did something we cant obey any ''expert''

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                          attempts, they are attempts and not necessarily correct

Once we know Prophet saw did something we cant obey any ''expert''
                          but how would you know what the prophet [saw] meant when he said something; how would you know the contextual meaning?; shouldn't we refer to the experts for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Peace4mankind View Post
                            but how would you know what the prophet [saw] meant when he said something; how would you know the contextual meaning?; shouldn't we refer to the experts for that?
                            Different issue. Clarification is not the issue here.

The simple formula would be to see how the Sahaba RA implemented it

Comment

Yeah, we living in 21st century "know" and these classical scholars didn't know from the times of the Sahabas (RA).

People who make ignorant statements like these just reveal how little they know.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X