Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Courtship - haram?

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
    And if it's a weak hadith...then there's a chance that it's not correct. So I guess you kind of don't take it as seriously as the authentic ones - but you can appreciate it if you find it meaningful.
    Actually i just re-read that part and i think we agree, except that i would say a weak tradition could be taken just as seriously as an agreed tradition, if you understand it to have wisdom in it and it gels with everything else you've learnt. I'll leave it there anyway. Thanks :)
    Every normal person makes mistakes, therefore too much religious disputation is vain and egotistical - goodbye Ummah.com. Peace be upon you.

Comment

i would just like to vent my anger here cause i can;'t find the edit button.

Comment

:salams

There are 2 kinds of love.

Love that is infatuation / lust. That which hurts you.

The other love, is that which does not hurt you. Rather by the Mercy of Allah and His SWT blessings, true love can be found.

The fake love is that which dies out fast, and it hurts. That which is fueled by the Shaytaan the accursed.

The other love, I haven't felt. lol. But that is the love endowed with Love and Mercy by The Creator, Allah SWT.
        La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
        (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
        Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

I agree Serinity, but one question that popped up in this thread is: can true love ever die?

Perhaps it can, because it is all just arrows pointing to God, so everything else is liable to fade unless he lets it stay forever.
          Every normal person makes mistakes, therefore too much religious disputation is vain and egotistical - goodbye Ummah.com. Peace be upon you.

Comment

courtship entails that people better understand their supposedly 'future' spouse better so that they don't have difficulties afterwards? ....

u'd have close to a 0% divorce rate then.

Comment

I agree, i think people need to get to know each other first before marriage, so that they can be more certain of an ideal match and also maybe love might be facilitated in taking root (although love is a miracle and it can only be awarded by God).

I remember another thread / other threads where people said it's forbidden for husband and wife to interact before marriage. I think these quotes back up what I believe though:

Post #10:
              It was narrated from Ibn Abbas that:
              the Messenger of Allah said: “There is nothing like marriage, for two who love one another.”‏

Post #11:
              Originally posted by shay5 View Post
              2) Arranged Marriage

There is also the option of completely arranged marriages. While it is fine for parents or mutual friends to introduce two prospective partners, the Prophet (sws) has told us not to go into a marriage blindly. Once a man came to the Prophet (sws) and told him that he was going to get married. The Prophet (sws) asked if he had seen the woman. When the man said no, he said: “Go and look at her for it is more likely to engender love between the two of you.” (Ahmad)

Post #17:
              “And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put Love and mercy between your (hearts), verily in that are signs for those who reflect.”
              [ar-Room 30:21]

Comment

I found my spouse through work. We both got to know each other.
                Sorry, but I refuse to believe that if we are to marry someone, we can't get to know them. Please learn the difference between boyfriends/girlfriends and getting to know someone for marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by womenfortruth101 View Post
                  I found my spouse through work. We both got to know each other.
                  Sorry, but I refuse to believe that if we are to marry someone, we can't get to know them. Please learn the difference between boyfriends/girlfriends and getting to know someone for marriage.
                  No one said you can't get to know them. Islam only places boundaries on "how" we can get to know them.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X