Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg. Name giving

:salams

I have a question regarding giving name. I would like you to correct me and shed some light on this issue I'm wondering.
    As it is known in Islam, it is not allowed to name a child one of Allah's 99 names, one has to then add abd (e.g. Abdulmajid). But, the issue I am having is regarding the name Noor. Noor is one of Allah's attributes, and does one have to name the child abdulnoor? Noor can be a given name for both a boy and a girl, and as far as all those Noor I have come across, it's all Noor alone without abd. Would this be wrong or is it alright?

My second question is, if a person loves this attribute of Allah and opens a website or something alike in the name An Noor. Would this be wrong or is it alright? Take into consideration that the page perhaps may not be all about Islam, but something similar to a blog.

JazakumAllahu khairan.
    "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Re: Reg. Name giving

Walaykum As-Salaam wr wb

it is infact ok to name a child any of Allah's 99 names as their first name, except Ar-Rahman and ofcourse, Allah; saw it in a sunnipath fatwa years ago!; maybe because people can have the created attributes

Comment

yes An-Noor for website name is fine

Comment

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Among the ninety-nine beautiful Divine Names, neither Allah nor al-Rahman are permissible as surnames or first names for people; but Karim, Sabur, Shakur, Hamid, and others are permissible.

GF Haddad

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/35391

Comment

:jkk: for your replies and the link. It is clear to me now.
          "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X