Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apostasy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apostasy

    Hi all, I was browsing twitter and happened across the article below. I don't know much about Islam. I know a bit but not much. Rather than just take the beebs word for it I thought I'd ask practising Muslims. Does leaving the faith really provoke negativity from the faithful, if so why? Thanks!

    The article: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34357047

  • #2
    Re: Apostasy

    Rejecting the truth is bad enough but turning your back on it having accepted it will provoke nothing but negativity.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Apostasy

      This not unique to Muslims.

      Look at what happens when people accept Islam in places around the world that are Christians, or Hindu etc Or accept Christianity in India if they are Hindu dalits, they suffer persecution and violence.
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

      How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

      Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Apostasy

        Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Rejecting the truth is bad enough but turning your back on it having accepted it will provoke nothing but negativity.
        Fundamentally, I agree with you. What I'm really after is why?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Apostasy

          At least two of the Western journalists executed by IS in Shaam had originally converted to Islam, but did so only to get more indepth viewpoint of the "extremist" Muslim community in the Muslim world. They later returned to their lives and to living as disbelievers and working for Taghut media. One of the journalists even boasted about this in his book, mentioning how he thought converting was a small issue to get a big story. But when the Syrian conflict began, he felt he could boost his career by entering into the war zone and his previous experiences and Arabic language skills enabled him to do so. Eventually, he was captured and turned over to IS , but I think this was before their khilafah declaration.

          In any case, he was executed. Whether it was because he was an apostate or because he was a harbi, I don't know. But it's an interesting insight into how some people think: entering Islam for material gain- a better story.

          Steven Sotloff: In Sanaa, he posed as a Chechen-American from a secular Muslim family. “I ‘converted’ in my first week, so I wouldn’t have to deal with all that rubbish,” he wrote to a friend. “lol.”

          Theo Padnos/aka Theo Curtis: He studied at one of the world’s most radical mosques, Dar al-Hadith, where Al Qaeda members had reportedly trained. He wrote a memoir about his experiences, “Undercover Muslim.” It wasn’t hostile, but it was unsparing in its account of the dead-end lives of the students and the propaganda of the imams. At the mosque, Padnos had declared allegiance to Islam in front of witnesses, and so his book seemed tantamount to apostasy—a mortal sin to radical Islamists.

          And Peter "Abdur Rahman" Kassig, the former Army Ranger / aid worker.

          http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20.../five-hostages
          Last edited by Abu Kamel; 28-09-15, 09:44 AM.
          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Apostasy

            Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
            This not unique to Muslims.

            Look at what happens when people accept Islam in places around the world that are Christians, or Hindu etc Or accept Christianity in India if they are Hindu dalits, they suffer persecution and violence.
            Also, is it right to justify your actions simply because they are on part with those of another? Essentially adopting their moral code as your own?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Apostasy

              Originally posted by Zaleski View Post
              Fundamentally, I agree with you. What I'm really after is why?
              You're asking why rejecting the truth and accepting falsehood is seen as negative?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Apostasy

                Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                You're asking why rejecting the truth and accepting falsehood is seen as negative?
                Not quite, I'm asking why it's up to us to judge and persecute them [and this is where we stand apart] if the divine will be more than capable of that upon the persons death.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Apostasy

                  Originally posted by Zaleski View Post
                  Not quite, I'm asking why it's up to us to judge and persecute them [and this is where we stand apart] if the divine will be more than capable of that upon the persons death.
                  Do you think people should be free to spread lies and cause mischief?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Apostasy

                    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                    Do you think people should be free to spread lies and cause mischief?
                    Yes, as I think it is up to the person listening to make the right choice as to the accuracy of information they are given.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Apostasy

                      Originally posted by Zaleski View Post
                      Yes, as I think it is up to the person listening to make the right choice as to the accuracy of information they are given.
                      If you believe it's okay to lie then I doubt you will understand why people who lie are looked down upon.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Apostasy

                        Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                        If you believe it's okay to lie then I doubt you will understand why people who lie are looked down upon.
                        I only say that because one man's lie is another man's salvation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Apostasy

                          Originally posted by Zaleski View Post
                          I only say that because one man's lie is another man's salvation.
                          No idea what that means.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Apostasy

                            Someone you love or your child leaving the faith provokes a strong response from people sometimes because of how deeply and sincerely they believe in their religion. It's like watching your child physically harm them self because you know that if they remain on the wrong path they will incur harm in the after life. If you saw your child stick his hand in a burning fire you would have a extereme response.

                            If you sincerely believe this world is temporary and the after life is what truly counts and where you will be united forever, it will be the most painful thing in the world for you to know that your child or loved one is choosing to throw their afterlife away for a temporary gain in this world.

                            In a proper Islamic country leaving the faith and spreading and propagating that would have consequences. Since none of us live in a true Islamic country it's wrong for us to attempt to take the law into our own hands. So I don't think it's right to beat people or physically assault them for leaving the faith. I do however understand extreme feelings those people must feel and how upset they must be.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Apostasy

                              Originally posted by Zaleski View Post
                              Fundamentally, I agree with you. What I'm really after is why?
                              by leaving Islam the muslim joins the enemy camp :(

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X